Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Well, last year we had this tweet for NF's birthday of SK's which also could have been read as her planning to leave and as far as I remember, they had both thought they wouldn't be doing another season, so I'm not sure if tweets from right now can mean anything. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Nothing else we can do unfortunately.

Or maybe John the crew member will miss Stana over hiatus. You have to admit, we all miss her too;-).

Edit: CastleSeason8, great minds think alike and all that!

Edited by TWP

If that Tweet gets mysteriously deleted tomorrow, I will consider it a bad sign. If it stays it probably means nothing.

That's actually not a great picture of Stana. I'm not trying to insult her, it's just kind of refreshing to know that someone so gorgeous can sometimes have a not-so-great photo taken.

• Love 1

Here's a sneak peek, looks like this will be third episode this season I don't bother watching.

Same, they lost me as soon as they introduced the MI6 agent and spoke about the FBI, I'm bored by this spy crap and the writers obsession with creating drama using these agencies.

Also, it's amusing that both Beckett and Castle have accepted Hayley into their world without doing even the most basic checks, they know very little about her whatsoever truth be told.

I did laugh at the agent's description of Hayley as one of the most ruthless, cold hearted operatives in MI6 but my how times change! She's proving such a softie mentoring Alexis spending her days slumming it working for Castle PI lol.

Edited by verdana

This cheeky/misdirect tweet from Stana would be kind of cruel/insulting if she was leaving and the show was continuing, so my view at the moment is that she's in:

Ughh... End of an Era.

#EmptyPerfumeBottle

#Discontinued

From another perspective, I remember reading that Stana's favourite perfume was the Vanilla and Anise fragrance from Jo Malone. That fragrance has been discontinued so she could genuinely be referring to that. Don't know what to make of LTs comment though. 

• Love 1

It seems every Tom, Dick, or Hayley can just waltz into crime scenes these days. Didn't they at least pay lip service to procedures in the earlier seasons by restricting access to accredited NYPD consultants. After three good episodes I'm not feeling it for this episode, and before people go on about giving it a chance, isn't the purpose of the promo and SPs to entice you to watch, and I'm not getting much enticement so far.

Title for 8x20 Much Ado About Murder

Title for 8x22 Crossfire (In which hopefully Hayley gets caught in after her "I go out with a bang" tweet)

She's definitely referring to the perfume for real, but she used it as a fakeout because everyone is wondering her status for next season. It's only funny though if she's not really leaving. Otherwise I agree with BellyLaughter that it's a dick move. Do what you gotta do with your career, but don't pour salt in the wound.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
  • Love 1

Two sneak peeks for Backstabber.. BORING. Why does Castle trust Hayley again? God Lord. Stupid and stupider are at the helm here

This sums up my feelings about this episode.

Just Me ‏@telopidoxfavor Apr 13

I'm interested in Hayley-centric as much as I'm interested in watching dead fish in an empy room #Castle #CastleIsCaskett #IDontCareAboutHer

• Love 2

She's definitely referring to the perfume for real, but she used it as a fakeout because everyone is wondering her status for next season. It's only funny though if she's not really leaving. Otherwise I agree with BellyLaughter that it's a dick move. Do what you gotta do with your career, but don't pour salt in the wound.

Probably not a popular opinion, but my opinion is she enjoys creating the drama and playing mind games with fans.  She knew the fan uproar it created last year with all her assumed "goodbye" tweets and photos.  So doing it again this year if she's staying?  Yeah, dick move.

• Love 2

In her defense, she hasn't posted anywhere near as many "goodbye" tweets as she did last year.

Maybe that's a bad sign? She did it last year to mess with fans because she knew she was staying. But this year she's actually leaving and isn't supposed to say, so she's avoiding the annoying good-bye Tweets?

Info on Jewel Staite's guest appearance in 8x20.

Based on the episode title ("Much Ado About Murder"), I wonder if this episode will have any inside jokes about Nathan's role in "Much Ado About Nothing."

Anything Castle would be great! — Brett

Castle is staging another Firefly alum as Jewel Staite has booked a guest-starring role in an upcoming episode. “Episode 20 is our nod to Shakespeare and our nod to Hollywood action stars going to do Broadway with mixed results,” EP Alexi Hawley reveals. “Jewel Staite came to play with us as the director of this doomed Shakespeare play.”
Edited by S55

She's definitely referring to the perfume for real, but she used it as a fakeout because everyone is wondering her status for next season.

Did she?  That's not how I took it, I saw a comment about the end of an era for one of her favorite perfumes, simple. 

It seems LT's tweet is the one causing people to take a second look at a simple tweet about perfume.  Just my opinion of course.

Probably not a popular opinion, but my opinion is she enjoys creating the drama and playing mind games with fans.

This makes me smile, I hope she never changes how she tweets, more power to her.

Maybe that's a bad sign? She did it last year to mess with fans because she knew she was staying. But this year she's actually leaving and isn't supposed to say, so she's avoiding the annoying good-bye Tweets?

The finale is a month away. There is still time for Stana - or anyone else on this cast and/or crew - to play the same old Twitter games. 

Edited by S55

I don't know what goes through the minds of the actors or anyone that tweets. But the "farewell, cruel world!" tweets are annoying, if not outright deceitful. Just stop. Unless you're a member of The Clash, don't pull "Should I stay or should I go?"

Pick one, and as Nike's old commercials used to say, "Just Do It" and STFU about it. That goes for Stana, Nathan, or any other actor pulling that shit out there.

• Love 6

I'll never understand what goes through the minds of some fans when it comes to tweets.  Also, I would never try and tell anyone what they should or shouldn't tweet, unless it was slanderous, etc....  If fans don't like a tweet or someone's twitter style, then they can take control on their end and stop following that twitter, because some fans will like the twitter style or won't FLIP OUT!! when they read something that makes them wonder about the meaning.

• Love 1

I'll never understand what goes through the minds of some fans when it comes to tweets.  Also, I would never try and tell anyone what they should or shouldn't tweet, unless it was slanderous, etc....  If fans don't like a tweet or someone's twitter style, then they can take control on their end and stop following that twitter, because some fans will like the twitter style or won't FLIP OUT!! when they read something that makes them wonder about the meaning.

I get what you're saying, but let's face it: Twitter is about mass consumption and having as many people as humanly possible "following" you. So while some reactions do go too far to those tweeting, some court the drama and then sit back, acting all perplexed, wondering why they get push back.

Don't want drama? Don't create it. Simple. As for the perfume tweet, I think it's about...perfume! But the other side also needs drama now and then, hence the between lines stuff.

Last year, though, the constant goodbye-toned tweets by SK? As far as I'm concerned, she was doing it to rile folks up, and it sucks.

That's my take on everything.

• Love 4

Well in a fandom like Castle, even if you don't follow a person, you hear about stuff they say. It's kind of unavoidable sometimes.

And of course an actor has a right to Tweet whatever they want.  To them it is part of their image/PR and all that, and they should do what they think is best for them. But people do have a right to say if they think an actor tweeted something annoying (as long as they don't harass the person directly).

I do think Stana's recent tweet was about perfume and not necessarily meant to mess with people. But I do think she was doing that at the end of last season. I am really a really big fan of hers, but that did annoy me.

Some fans appear to think they own the stars they follow.  It's a little weird, if you ask me.

And yes, I think Stana toys with her Twitter followers.  It's a bit mean and not really very respectful.  And it isn't interesting so I don't follow her.  I do go over from time to time to see what the huff is about, out of morbid curiosity ;-).

But people do have a right to say if they think an actor tweeted something annoying (as long as they don't harass the person directly).

I agree with you.  I was talking about the fans who try and suggest how another person should handle their own twitter.

Some fans appear to think they own the stars they follow.  It's a little weird, if you ask me.

Agree.

And yes, I think Stana toys with her Twitter followers.  It's a bit mean and not really very respectful.  And it isn't interesting so I don't follow her.  I do go over from time to time to see what the huff is about, out of morbid curiosity ;-).

To each their own, I find her overly respectful and far from mean on twitter.  Love her style.

Now for me, it's Nathan I don't follow at all, and it's him I find mean and disrespectful at times, not to mention condescending, a name dropper, and immature, I could say more but I'll stop there.  I will check out his twitter as well when people are in a huff, also out of morbid curiosity. 

Different strokes.

• Love 6

Except you cannot live in a bubble where you only receive the information you want, especially not on Twitter. Not when you're following people with a different account list than yourself who will retweet information outside of your control. I saw the tweet, and I don't follow SK at all. So your helpful advice isn't that helpful. I don't even personally care about the show anymore, but even I understood what a troll that tweet was.

If you're an actor then you are aware that people/fans are looking for insight into whether a show or yourself are changing career plans around this time of year, it's natural. People get emotionally connected to TV shows, that is also natural. You are accountable for everything you say, whether it be offline or on social media. If you are intentionally baiting people online with vague statements just to cause a reaction, then in my opinion you're an attention-seeking idiot. That or incredibly self-involved to the point of not understanding how something would come across to people outside of your inner circle. Either way, it's not a good look.

To each their own, I find her overly respectful and far from mean on twitter.  Love her style.

Now for me, it's Nathan I don't follow at all, and it's him I find mean and disrespectful at times, not to mention condescending, a name dropper, and immature, I could say more but I'll stop there.  I will check out his twitter as well when people are in a huff, also out of morbid curiosity. 

Different strokes.

I'm actually impressed with how you manage to infuse every post of yours with a subtle (and often not) Nathan v Stana discussion. I credit your persistence.

Edited by Chado
  • Love 3

Except you cannot live in a bubble where you only receive the information you want, especially not on Twitter. Not when you're following people with a different account list than yourself who will retweet information outside of your control. I saw the tweet, and I don't follow SK at all. So your helpful advice isn't that helpful. I don't even personally care about the show anymore, but even I understood what a troll that tweet was.

If you're an actor then you are aware that people/fans are looking for insight into whether a show or yourself are changing career plans around this time of year, it's natural. People get emotionally connected to TV shows, that is also natural. You are accountable for everything you say, whether it be offline or on social media. If you are intentionally baiting people online with vague statements just to cause a reaction, then in my opinion you're an attention-seeking idiot. That or incredibly self-involved to the point of not understanding how something would come across to people outside of your inner circle. Either way, it's not a good look.

I agree! and to manipulate people (seemingly for a laugh) because of that is a dog act! Low brow and cruel! You don't have to share their emotional attachment but you should respect it especially as it has contributed to keeping you in a job for all these years! Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 2

I'm actually impressed with how you manage to infuse every post of yours with a subtle (and often not) Nathan v Stana discussion. I credit your persistence.

Some like to criticize and then don't like the response they get back.  Perhaps I should start honestly criticizing Nathan and see what happens....actually I know what would happen.....Stana vs Nathan.  I'll leave that junk to others and just respond when I see fit.  Thanks.

Bubble Watch: Status Report On ‘Castle’, ‘Nashville’, ‘Criminal Minds’, ‘CSI: Cyber’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ & Other Series In Danger at Deadline

The major two omissions in ABC’s renewal announcement were veteran procedural Castle and country music drama Nashville. Their future is still in limbo but the feeling is that both will be brought back for one — possibly last and possibly shorter-run seasons. I hear talks are still underway with Castle star Nathan Fillion who needs to sign a new deal but there are hopeful signs that the venerable series, now in Season 8, will get a final chapter. What’s more, Castle is a rare procedural on the current ABC schedule, a genre the network is said to be making a push in, so bringing the long-running show back would provide continuity.

Nick Hurwitz ‏@HickNurwitz  7h7 hours ago
Last day (for now) in the #Castle Writers' Office. Hope we can start filling these boards up soon.

https://twitter.com/HickNurwitz/status/721119984777203712

If S9 comes to pass as seems likely, hopefully filling them up with something better than the unmitigated crap you served up to me this season. 

• Love 1

If S9 comes to pass as seems likely, hopefully filling them up with something better than the unmitigated crap you served up to me this season. 

I have to say their impromptu Twitter whiteboard Q&A was infinitely more entertaining and fun than anything the show has done this season!!

• Love 2

Bubble Watch: Status Report On ‘Castle’, ‘Nashville’, ‘Criminal Minds’, ‘CSI: Cyber’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ & Other Series In Danger at Deadline

Well this would seem to indicate that ABC wants a S9 otherwise why negotiate. I wonder what he could be holding out for this time, I can't believe his representatives have the nerve to ask for a pay rise. I just hope they wrap up Stana before announcing the outcome, so we avoid the messiness of last year, and we know whether it's Castle or Castle P.I. that will be coming back in September.

Please let them renew. Please, please, please. I have the same loyalty to actors that they have to my life, wealth, health, and career progression, meaning none. I wish them no ill will but don't favor any of them over any other and I'm not especially enamored with any of them particularly as actors. None of them are winning Emmys or Oscars anytime soon. If I criticize one, that doesn't mean I fangirl another. I've criticized many of them over the years.

If one of them can't get the contract they want, then find someone who can. I honestly don't care if any of them come back, as long as the replacements are good. I know that losing everyone would greatly change the dynamic of a show like Castle, but losing one wouldn't, if people gave the replacement a chance. Actors have their reasons for wanting to move on. I support their choices. Life goes on. It might be an improvement to lose someone who doesn't want to be there.

Just give me something that isn't full of violence, torture and/or rage-driven zombies and I'm in. Castle fills that niche for a whole lot of folks, about 6.5 million viewers and 1.1 L+SD in the demo I'm one of that steady group. I suspect that group doesn't expect Castle to have especially deep artistic merit, just want to escape for an hour. I am happy that our ebbs and flows of opinions here don't sway that number much.

Hello ABC. Tap, tap, tap. Are you listening? ;-)

• Love 1

If one of them can't get the contract they want, then find someone who can. I honestly don't care if any of them come back, as long as the replacements are good. I know that losing everyone would greatly change the dynamic of a show like Castle, but losing one wouldn't, if people gave the replacement a chance. Actors have their reasons for wanting to move on. I support their choices. Life goes on. It might be an improvement to lose someone who doesn't want to be there.

Castle fills that niche for a whole lot of folks, about 6.5 million viewers and 1.1 L+SD in the demo I'm one of that steady group.

I think the dynamic would be dramatically changed if one of the leads left, it's been bad enough that one has been sidelined for much of S8, and I think there are many amongst those 6.5M who are only hanging on because BOTH leads are still involved to some extent, but if one was to leave I think that number would shrink dramatically because they are not interested in giving any replacement a chance. Whether ABC believe they can conjure up enough replacement viewers to make the new show viable is the big question mark, I'm very doubtful, but perhaps their own market research tells them otherwise.

According to TV Line, Castle has filmed three possible endings. http://tvline.com/2016/04/16/castle-season-8-finale-renewed-cancelled-season-9/ I'm fine with either the cliffhanger or the series finale, the ending that I absolutely don't want to see is the third (or second mentioned in the article) which I assume accomodates the exit of one (Beckett?) character.

This suggests that Stana didn't tell TPTB that S8 would definitely be her last when she re-signed last year, as some believe, or they wouldn't have needed two season endings. It's alright filming all these different endings but the announcement that Stana had re-signed was only made the day after the S7 finale aired, so unless everything is resolved at least a week before May 16 I'm not sure how they'll decide which ending to air. I'm assuming with all this talk of contract negotiations that ABC have already decide to go for a S9, otherwise what's the point, so the decision will be between the cliff hanger with both leads coming back, or the cliffhanger with an altered cast coming back. I guess the easiest one would be where we get a repeat of Knockout (Hawley has loved revisiting older epoisodes this season), which leaves Beckett hovering on the brink, so they have the option of reviving her in the S9 finale if Stana re-signs, or she flat lines if she doesn't.

Comments on the TV Line article have made me rethink this as it now appears that they have only shot ONE season finale which can have TWO possible outcomes, (Confirmed by Matt Mitovich), so at the moment I'm expecting a Knockout type finale if the show is renewed that leaves Beckett bleeding out, so that she can be revived in the S9 premier, or we will see how Castle has coped with his loss after the time bump that usually covers the inter season hiatus.Well I won't, because if Beckett isn't in S9 I won't be tuning in.

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 4
westwingfan, on 16 Apr 2016 - 4:15 PM, said:

Comments on the TV Line article have made me rethink this as it now appears that they have only shot ONE season finale which can have TWO possible outcomes, (Confirmed by Matt Mitovich), so at the moment I'm expecting a Knockout type finale if the show is renewed that leaves Beckett bleeding out, so that she can be revived in the S9 premier, or we will see how Castle has coped with his loss after the time bump that usually covers the inter season hiatus.Well I won't, because if Beckett isn't in S9 I won't be tuning in.

They shot one finale, have two possible outcomes with the cliffhanger and have one alternate ending. (can we have a manual, please? ;-) )

This does have me thinking that it's not definite Stana wants to leave, because then they wouldn't sill be talking about how they hope everyone comes back. Unless they are just saying that to throw people off the track. But if there are multiple endings then it makes me think they aren't the show going with a witness protection story, because TVLine wouldn't list that if it wasn't definitely happening. I agree Beckett is likely to be a possible fatality though.

If that Deadline article is correct about ABC doing a shortened final season, hopefully that would convince Stana/Nathan to sign if they might have been hesitant otherwise. And maybe then they'd stop trying to force Castle and Daughter PI and get back to its roots for a strong ending.

Anyone hear anything about TPW or Hawley Status as Show Ruiners?  Found it curious they mentioned AH and The Following since it went from super star first year to sub par after AH took over, even Kevin B could not save the Bacon.  I compare this to good athletes who bomb as managers/coaches  AH and TPW were good writers in the PAST, but this year they sucked at writing and running a show, IF ABC renews it may be with new SR's especially if for the full 22 episode season, if 13 probably will just limp out with what they have, YOMV  

• Love 1

My question is why make a season ending that caters for an altered cast if you don't already know something ie Stana doesn't want to return??

Why not just make a cliffhanger assuming a return or a series ending assuming cancellation??

The extra ending makes me very suspicious that they already know something they are not telling us.

It truely sucks to be a Castle fan ATM

My question is why make a season ending that caters for an altered cast if you don't already know something ie Stana doesn't want to return??

Simple. ABC wants the show, apparently, regardless of cast because it is established. And since contracts are up and not everyone is signed on, the network wants to hedge its bets.

• Love 2