Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Castle Chronicles ‏@castleseries47  3h3 hours ago

11/9 - Cool Boys

11/16 - The Last Seduction

11/23 - Mr. & Mrs #Castle

Zap2it apparently also lists Cool Boys on the 9th.  It's now a case of waiting to see if that other two episodes remain in that order. 

Edited by verdana

Has it been established that Vikram is real? Is there going to be a scene where Kate says he just left the room and later on we find out Vikram has been in Washington?

Well Castle did acknowledge his presence in the airport hangar, as did Hayley. ;)

I see him as a surrogate for how much the showrunners seem to hate their audience. He is one strange person. I have nothing but sympathy.

I was speaking of the photos with the champagne. I assume that was for Martha and nose-lady....or maybe it's to celebrate the booty call, LOL.

Beckett is the wife of a rich guy. Can't she hire someone to get her things?

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 1

Yes, but no one has confirmed his presence since the end of XX.  He could have gone back to DC and Kate has been having delusions that he's still in NY.  

Although that doesn't explain how he was able to track down Mr. Smith in a matter of hours and how he somehow got his hands on heroin to test. And did they ever explain why there was evidence suggesting he lied to the FBI about who he was? 

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

I saw those pictures too. My guess that if Castle knows Beckett is coming to the loft, he's going to try and get her to talk to him while there, and maybe woo her with champagne and dinner or something.  Or that he would if the gunman doesn't interfere. 

In PhDead we had Castle trying to talk to Beckett and find out what was going on, which I liked, except they got interrupted and she never had to answer him.  But in the latest episode he was more passive, so I'm hoping we get a more active version in The Nose.  In theory if she comes to the loft and Martha and Alexis aren't there no one will be able to interrupt.  But it's Caskett so I'm sure something will.

I'll be watching like always, getting up at 4.30 in the morning to catch a feed over a cup of tea, checking out the reactions on tumblr and twitter, then coming here and seeing what you guys have to say as usual. In the past reading the discussions back and forth has often proven far more entertaining than the episode itself. 

I'm still fond of Castle and Beckett and wish them well, it really hurts to see them being abused in this way by the writers in the pursuit of drama. I want them to stop acting like zombies and for this sorry excuse for a story to end. There are things to enjoy about Castle in season 8 the problem is that it's not with Caskett sadly. I'm clinging to the hope that despite the ill received sneak peek things end on a genuinely positive note for the couple by the credits.

However, I do wonder if it's emotionally healthy to stay this attached to a show when it feels like I'm being punched in the gut every week for my troubles. 

Exactly. I can relate on that. Had that happen with the XF, House, CSI: NY and CSI. It's not a pretty thing.

Yes, but no one has confirmed his presence since the end of XX. He could have gone back to DC and Kate has been having delusions that he's still in NY.

Although that doesn't explain how he was able to track down Mr. Smith in a matter of hours and how he somehow got his hands on heroin to test. And did they ever explain why their was evidence suggesting he lied to the FBI about who he was?

He was being set up

I just find it a little odd that someone who's supposed to be a coworker / supporter of Nathan "four out of five twitter users surveyed" Fillion and posting on the show's behalf needs the help of random stans to get to 5,000 followers.

I know that's what we are supposed to assume, but did they actually say that? Castle said he'd been lying to her, Vikram said no he hadn't, Castle said they couldn't trust him, and then Beckett said yes she could. I don't remember a discussion where they found evidence supporting that, they just believed his denial.

• Love 1

Oh I saw that, he's back irritating as ever, he's the 'new' Jon Lopes.

I wonder how long it is before he has another passive aggressive strop because someone has upset him.

Oh no I read this wrong and thought Lopes was back but no it’s just Erik who was upset after someone called an episode crap.

I get TPTB must have given him permission but what’s the point?

He's not going to reach 5,000 yet. I just unfollowed him on my two accounts.

Don't poke the bears and passive aggressively tweet the people who are the reason you have a job then take your toys and go home when you don't like the response.

What an immature douche.

• Love 3

Zap2it apparently also lists Cool Boys on the 9th.  It's now a case of waiting to see if that other two episodes remain in that order. 

verdana. Found this information on the #Castle hash tag site. Not familiar with this Castle fan site at all, but if accurate, it puts a different perspective on the fall hiatus. The schedule looks reasonable since Nov 2 is the first week of sweeps which makes sense that a new episode fits there and the Nov 16 date for the Roum writing changes a lot about what might be coming then in the fall finale if no reconciliation in Mr & Mrs Castle. It always seemed odd to me that Roum would be writing a fall finale given her past efforts. I suppose that ABC has been keeping silent about the schedule and not providing any details about the sweeps episodes because of the lower ratings and possibly because of so much negativity on many media sites.

“There has been a lot of confusion lately about the order the new Castle episodes will be aired in, so

hopefully this will help. Ignoring episode numbers for the moment (the cause of the confusion), and going

only by air dates released, this is what I’ve worked out the schedule to be, up to the fall finale.

(I can link to sources if anyone wants them)

Oct 19   “The Nose”

Oct 26   (No new episode, re-run of  “Once Upon A Time In The West”)

Nov 2     “The Last Seduction”

Nov 9     “Cool Boys”

Nov 16   “Mr & Mrs Castle”

Nov 23   (Fall Finale, no title yet)

[Please remember, these air dates haven’t been officially confirmed (except for Oct 19 & Oct 26. They could change!

I’m just going by what people have said in interviews, scoop,etc. Feel free to correct me] -@CastleFansOrg”

And salt continues being poured in the gaping wound:

@TVLine: Exclusive @Castle_ABC Sneak Peek: Brace Yourself — Kate Wants Something From Rick http://t.co/nChpdjK2qjhttp://t.co/yKG0EkQxDL

I really don't know what to say, it's like they're playing off two different scripts or not reading each others lines because opposite reactions of what should be going on. I know the writers are "emotionally manipulating" us but I'm just bored.

Good point. In hindsight, the early information was a shiny distraction from the real story forthcoming to avoid any hint of a possible breakup which the producers knew nobody would watch going into a new season.

Very good point, all of the new character nonsense and again with this public defence guy recently - it's all to distract us from the real storyline which is not going to move forward or change much.

I know that's what we are supposed to assume, but did they actually say that? Castle said he'd been lying to her, Vikram said no he hadn't, Castle said they couldn't trust him, and then Beckett said yes she could. I don't remember a discussion where they found evidence supporting that, they just believed his denial.

They dont have discussions on this show. Lol

verdana. Found this information on the #Castle hash tag site. Not familiar with this Castle fan site at all, but if accurate, it puts a different perspective on the fall hiatus. The schedule looks reasonable since Nov 2 is the first week of sweeps which makes sense that a new episode fits there and the Nov 16 date for the Roum writing changes a lot about what might be coming then in the fall finale if no reconciliation in Mr & Mrs Castle. It always seemed odd to me that Roum would be writing a fall finale given her past efforts. I suppose that ABC has been keeping silent about the schedule and not providing any details about the sweeps episodes because of the lower ratings and possibly because of so much negativity on many media sites.

“There has been a lot of confusion lately about the order the new Castle episodes will be aired in, so

hopefully this will help. Ignoring episode numbers for the moment (the cause of the confusion), and going

only by air dates released, this is what I’ve worked out the schedule to be, up to the fall finale.

(I can link to sources if anyone wants them)

Oct 19 “The Nose”

Oct 26 (No new episode, re-run of “Once Upon A Time In The West”)

Nov 2 “The Last Seduction”

Nov 9 “Cool Boys”

Nov 16 “Mr & Mrs Castle”

Nov 23 (Fall Finale, no title yet)

[Please remember, these air dates haven’t been officially confirmed (except for Oct 19 & Oct 26. They could change!

I’m just going by what people have said in interviews, scoop,etc. Feel free to correct me] -@CastleFansOrg”

Thats too bad. I had some hope ( i know, stupid, stupid me) when i saw 'Last Seduction' and 'Mr & Mrs C" back to back that there would be forward movement. Throw Slaughter in the middle of those two and hope is lost.

I really don't know what to say, it's like they're playing off two different scripts or not reading each others lines because opposite reactions of what should be going on. I know the writers are "emotionally manipulating" us but I'm just bored.

I actually think their reactions to each other make sense in the scene where they are talking to each other. They both seem to be hiding what they are really feeling because they're in the middle of the precinct, but you can tell neither loves the idea. It's just weird that Castle did a 180 when talking to nose lady. Because he already knows Beckett still loves him, 

Very good point, all of the new character nonsense and again with this public defence guy recently - it's all to distract us from the real storyline which is not going to move forward or change much.

I don't think it's the show/producers doing that though. It is partially the media wanting to get traffic by using click-bait headlines, but also seems to just be the fan base overreacting to the small pieces of news that we do get.  The producers have been pretty honest about the new characters, it's just that no one believes them.

They dont have discussions on this show. Lol

Well of course not.  I just don't trust Vikram, but maybe it's just the actor.  He doesn't seem to have any kind of charisma and gives the same blank facial expression to everything. Maybe they don't want to give him too much chemistry with Beckett?

• Love 1

Ahhh, Mr. and Mrs. Castle is not the last episode of the fall season....confirmed via http://tvline.com/2015/09/30/greys-anatomy-250th-episode-spoilers-arizona-season-12/.

Oh darn, that's Ausiello....so who knows.

If there is an 8x09 before hiatus, I predict it will be the damage control episode.  Since Mr. and Mr. "Fun" like to talk though their characters I predict they'll come right out and make the damage control obvious via an episode title such as "8x09 Healing the Hemorrhage".

Update:  Showrunners have said 8 episodes before fall hiatus.  Thus, not surprisingly, there will be no "healing the hemorrhage" ;-).

Edited by TVWithPity
“It’s going to be a great episode,” co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter told Matt Mitovich. “For the fans who right now are going, ‘What the heck and Terence and Alexi [Hawley] doing?!,’ when they see that episode they’ll understand and see what we’re going for.”

So...we have six episodes people don't like in order to have one good episode?

• Love 1

I think that pretty much summed up my season 5 too. (I wasn't a fan of season 5.)

• Love 1

Basically yeah, if you stick with us and suffer this you might get something good out of us six episodes down the line. Now that's a great sales pitch!

I don't want to wait that long to gain more clarity about any story, this should have already happened, by the time they get around to it quite a few fans will be long past caring.

Thanks for the information everyone on the expected running order.

• Love 1

I can't wait for the episode "Mea Culpa." I'm not watching until then.

The way they keep talking to fans in the script, once the show is cancelled, I predict they're going to turn the whole post-mortem into a script and sell it to Netflix.

I would definitely pay to see that ;-).

::crying:: no, no, no ::laughing::

Those are the posts Nadine made but I guess she based it on the episode numbers and not on what happens in the episode or their title.

Just clarification on what I said. I stated it before the confirmed changes came in (including preemptions). But since Cool Boys is a kind of a stand alone episode it is the reason why I thought originally it was odd to state it would be the finale before the official changes came through.

Now back to lurking I go.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 1

You know I was thinking about it earlier today, I kinda wish they were using Lanie more during this story arc. It would of been nice to see someone in Castle's corner for once when things are at odds between Castle and Beckett. Martha has always seemed to be on Kate's side of the situation, or at least trying to defend the actions of Beckett or to get Castle to see it from her side. I mean even Alexis has seemed to defend Beckett this season?

Why not let Lanie defend Castle this time around? Why not let Lanie be what Martha is to Rick during their conversations. Lanie should be the one saying 'you know he could leave right?, this could end in divorce. You can't not give him nothing, you're taking advantage' to Beckett. They could use this time to bring Castle and Lanie closer together (not in a romantic sense) and let the audience see what is running through Castle's mind. Why does he STILL think he has to try to win her back? I wish they actually explored this issue instead of just the superficial 'look Beckett still has the 'hots' for him nonsense.

I really do think Lanie's relationship with both could have been used to explore the thinking of both characters. You get Lanie away from her typical scenes, you give her more depth, and you don't need to create new guest/recurring characters nobody cares about.

I just don't understand this season at all.

Edited by Chado
  • Love 1

Alexis and her attitude to this I find strange, she's all about family supposedly and yet she doesn't seem remotely bothered that Beckett has walked out on her dad without any decent explanation. Given her history of watching what her father has been through with Kate over the years I find it unrealistic she remains so equanimous and almost ridiculously blasé. It would be far more believable if we had witnessed some surface tension there when they spoke or had Alexis confronting Beckett about what was going on and that her dad was hurting etc.

In many families I've witnessed the claws come out when a parent is abandoned by the step parent and they're definitely not okay with things and they get protective. It's like a bomb going off in the family so none of how everyone is being oh so nice and reasonable and friendly about all this rings remotely true.

Edited by verdana

They are going for cute WTWT. To accomplish this the whole cast (Martha is the only one who has reacted like an adult) has to be oblivious.

On another topic. There is a 1941 romantic comedy "Mr & Mrs Smith" where they find out they are not really married after 3 years. It was directed by Alfred Hitchcock of all people.

They are going for cute WTWT. To accomplish this the whole cast (Martha is the only one who has reacted like an adult) has to be oblivious.

On another topic. There is a 1941 romantic comedy "Mr & Mrs Smith" where they find out they are not really married after 3 years. It was directed by Alfred Hitchcock of all people.

Oh great, is that our shift, they arent really married? Perf. Cant wait. Barf

Wouldn't that be hilarious. They aren't getting a divorce because the marriage wasn't real to begin with! haha

That would be some typical interview loophole logic that they would think as 'clever'

Good idea about Lanie Chado give her something worthwhile to do for a change, that 'Castle is a grown-ass man' line makes me shudder.

What's frustrating me most about this story is not that Kate left him, it's the inexplicable decision by the writers to turn Castle into a spineless wimp and act so dense that he can't formulate any cohesive thoughts about why she went. I can sort of buy into the idea that due to the latest trauma upon her return Beckett become emotionally messed up which has led her to acting this way but Castle's behaviour (I still haven't watched that sneak) is a series of WTF moments.

Castle is again fulfilling the traditional role in tv and movies of the guy chasing the girl but it doesn't work here and there's been nothing from the writers which leads me to believe they plan to do anything to change this.

Another thing that confuses me, Kate is happy to let Castle carry on making a fool of himself knowing full well it makes no difference. If they want me to sympathise with Beckett over her struggles forget the odd pained tearful look to camera. When Martha told her about what he was trying to do all she did was smile but said nothing.

I would have liked Kate to reassure Martha how much she loved her son and he didn't need to win her over rather then offer up "it's complicated" which is such a tired line to use. But then if Beckett did this he might stop following her around and that limits their contrived light hearted interactions each week.

This separation is like I'm getting fed a diet of weekly Castle drama-lite and it doesn't work.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I look at Castle's attitude as just a bad plot premise. They split Beckett and Castle up but have to somehow explain why Castle would still be at the 12th solving cases. If he learns the truth about why Beckett walked out on their marriage, than I really do feel like he stops showing up entirely. How do they write episodes like that? They can't. That's why I hate this, they are intentionally making Castle look like an idiot/doormat to continue the status quo of Beckett distant and Castle 'chasing'. As you said, it's the typical Guy v Girl premise on a TV show. Heaven forbid we see Beckett chase Castle for once.

Once he realizes that 'winning her back' is completely the wrong angle, he either gets completely angry (he's entitled) or there's some sort of confrontation/ultimatum where he learns the truth. At that point Beckett brings him on the case or Castle goes on his own and tries to solve the case by himself (this removes him from the 12th/COTW as well).

That's why I believe this is going to drag on forever. The writers seem to think that if they 'show' Beckett as still having feelings for Castle then that is going to satisfy a majority of the fans. The typical 'look she has the hots for him' is being hammered over our heads because that's the only way they are able to show the UST/WTWT.

This season goes absolutely nowhere until Castle learns the truth, the problem is once he learns the truth they are going to find it hard to explain why Castle is still solving cases week in and week out.

• Love 2

If he learns the truth about why Beckett walked out on their marriage, than I really do feel like he stops showing up entirely. How do they write episodes like that? They can't. That's why I hate this, they are intentionally making Castle look like an idiot/doormat to continue the status quo of Beckett distant and Castle 'chasing'. As you said, it's the typical Guy v Girl premise on a TV show. Heaven forbid we see Beckett chase Castle for once.

Maybe they will write your scenario.  Maybe the purpose of Slaughter and "missing" Stana is a Douchebaggery 2.0 arc.  And maybe the "plot shift" will be Beckett chasing Castle (for once). This possibility will make it harder to write Beckett out if Stana does leave.  We'll-- I mean you'll ;-) see how it goes.

Castle and Beckett go cruising? Aboard the Queen Mary no less.

The Queen Mary is a ported hotel.  I wonder if they'll pretend to be on a cruise, or will they "fly out to LA" for a case.  http://www.queenmary.com/stay-aboard/stay-aboard/

Edited by TVWithPity

That's why I believe this is going to drag on forever. The writers seem to think that if they 'show' Beckett as still having feelings for Castle then that is going to satisfy a majority of the fans. The typical 'look she has the hots for him' is being hammered over our heads because that's the only way they are able to show the UST/WTWT.

But here's the thing I'm not getting any UST from them. If the idea was to recreate the good old days of snap, crackle and pop well they've failed with this viewer, all that's coming over is how awkwardly weird and sad Caskett are now together. As for the WTWT they already have and there's no excitement or heightened sense of anticipation there either.

They would have been better off writing them hotter as a couple in the first place, then they could have kept everything else (Castle PI, Beckett as Captain), the same that's what's so funny about it.

I agree nothing can happen until he finds out what she's doing.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

But here's the thing I'm not getting any UST from them. If the idea was to recreate the good old days of snap, crackle and pop well they've failed with this viewer, all that's coming over is how awkwardly weird and sad Caskett are now together. As for the WTWT they already have and there's no excitement or heightened sense of anticipation there either.

They haven't created UST or a WTWT like they had earlier in the series. But I think these is a new energy in their scenes that hasn't been present in the past couple years.  It's just different than before because they are married and that's clearly very different from a couple that's never been together.  I am rooting for them though. Only instead of wanting them to just kiss already like in S4, I want them to just TALK already.

I would have liked Kate to reassure Martha how much she loved her son and he didn't need to win her over rather then offer up "it's complicated" which is such a tired line to use. But then if Beckett did this he might stop following her around and that limits their contrived light hearted interactions each week.

I thought Kate's expression when Martha mentioned the "win her back" plan suggested she felt bad about him having that attitude, even if she didn't say it. But I may have been projecting.

You know I was thinking about it earlier today, I kinda wish they were using Lanie more during this story arc. It would of been nice to see someone in Castle's corner for once when things are at odds between Castle and Beckett. Martha has always seemed to be on Kate's side of the situation, or at least trying to defend the actions of Beckett or to get Castle to see it from her side. I mean even Alexis has seemed to defend Beckett this season?

Why not let Lanie defend Castle this time around? Why not let Lanie be what Martha is to Rick during their conversations. Lanie should be the one saying 'you know he could leave right?, this could end in divorce. You can't not give him nothing, you're taking advantage' to Beckett. They could use this time to bring Castle and Lanie closer together (not in a romantic sense) and let the audience see what is running through Castle's mind. Why does he STILL think he has to try to win her back? I wish they actually explored this issue instead of just the superficial 'look Beckett still has the 'hots' for him nonsense.

Letting Lanie do that would also give us a chance to see what Beckett's thinking through all this, something that's been lacking.  But I guess they can't do that because then we would see how ridiculous her thinking is.  Also it would be out of character to see Lanie giving someone good advice.

I don't think Alexis has been defending Beckett, I feel like her and Martha are treating Castle with kid gloves...like they know his "win her back" plan is probably not going to work but don't want to tell him. 

Martha's talk with Beckett has definitely been the most realistic reaction to the whole thing. She didn't go there all, "how dare you hurt my son," she gave Beckett a chance to say if something was wrong (without prying), and she pointed Beckett to talk to Castle. I hope we get more scenes like that moving forward.

• Love 1

Scene Of The Week - October 18, 2015 + POLL at SpoilerTV

CASTLE, "What Lies Beneath...", October 12, 2015, Actors: Stana Katic, Susan Sullivan, The Scene: Kate and Martha talk at the precinct
Jimmy Ryan: Martha interrupts Kate as she poured bad coffee down the sink at the precinct. Martha has always been a voice of wisdom in this series but this was one of her finest moments in the show's 8 years. Susan Sullivan did an amazing job and had a great script to work with.

Quotes of the Week: The Flash, TVD, Castle, Good Wife, SNL and More at TV Line 

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan  3h3 hours ago
Me...my nose is too big! Friend...not your worst feature!  It's all about perspective @Castle_ABC Monday " the nose"

https://twitter.com/realssullivan/status/655805660056055808

Fire the marketing staff at ABC for Castle and hire Susan. 

The Castle EPs have promised a “shift” in the fall finale. Can you confirm which episode is the fall finale that airs on Nov. 23? There is some great confusion regarding the airing order of the eps. –Rida

Clarify, I shall The episodes were filmed somewhat out of order, so they will air as follows:

Oct. 19: “The Nose” (Watch an exclusive sneak peek)

Oct. 26: Rebroadcast of Season 7’s “Once Upon a Time in the West”

Nov. 2: Preempted for Countdown to the CMA Awards special

Nov. 9: Episode 808, “Cool Boys” (aka Adam Baldwin’s return as Slaughter)

Nov. 16: Episode 806, “The Last Seduction”

Nov. 23: Episode 807, “Mr. & Mrs. Castle” (aka the one where “shift” happens)

http://tvline.com/2015/10/18/once-upon-a-time-season-5-fall-finale-episode/

The Castle EPs have promised a “shift” in the fall finale. Can you confirm which episode is the fall finale that airs on Nov. 23? There is some great confusion regarding the airing order of the eps. –Rida

Clarify, I shall The episodes were filmed somewhat out of order, so they will air as follows:

Oct. 19: “The Nose” (Watch an exclusive sneak peek)

Oct. 26: Rebroadcast of Season 7’s “Once Upon a Time in the West”

Nov. 2: Preempted for Countdown to the CMA Awards special

Nov. 9: Episode 808, “Cool Boys” (aka Adam Baldwin’s return as Slaughter)

Nov. 16: Episode 806, “The Last Seduction”

Nov. 23: Episode 807, “Mr. & Mrs. Castle” (aka the one where “shift” happens)

http://tvline.com/2015/10/18/once-upon-a-time-season-5-fall-finale-episode/

For a show thats struggling with ratings and unhappy viewers, i think having 2 weeks of no new eps followed by a huge break is the kiss of death. JMO

• Love 1

For a show thats struggling with ratings and unhappy viewers, i think having 2 weeks of no new eps followed by a huge break is the kiss of death. JMO

But the CMA thing has been done every year as has the occasional repeat. It's not new.

There had better be a "shift" at some point and a positive one otherwise they're going to have a lot of very unhappy campers on their hands when they come back in February. 

Edited by verdana

Are they though?? Despite the "break up" contrivance the ratings (while not stellar) have remained steady. I wonder if Castle has reached its hardcore audience minimum?? Like whoever is still watching will be in it until the bitter end?? I think Castle will hover between a 1.0 and a 1.2 overnight for most of the season and if ABC are desperate enough it will be renewed regardless of cast negotiations based on its +3 numbers. A sad and pathetic end to what was once a really fun, smart show with a slight difference!