Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

(edited)

LOL didn't realize that they were planning to drop an ep or album later. I though it was a one time thing for the dvd extras.

Jon_Huertas: @seamusdever & I have a ton of music dropping this year! Follow @shayjeanmusic to get all the info on performances, single drops, etc…

Lulzy chyrons

NathanFillion: Ever wonder what the TV news screens say in the Castle precinct? You're welcome. instagram.com/p/7D0A85Qks5/

Edited by turnitwayup

Meh so far on The Definition of Love music and video.  They've both got the typical MV camera mugging style down pat but I'm not really a fan.  I wonder how many wardrobe changes there will be in a 5 minute video...

Honestly, don't understand why Nathan's answers in that interview are getting hate again.  I thought he answered quite diplomatically.  He probably knows more about the contract stuff and possibly even his and Stana's future plans beyond this season but he's not about to comment on it, nor is it his place to comment on his costar's future on the show.  He self-deprecated by saying he'd been wrong in the past, he said that he liked the show as it is while implying he doesn't know what the future holds, and he complimented the writers for being able to handle any storyline but he doesn't worry about that, he just worries about doing his acting end of it.  It's in line with his and other actors' non committal responses on such matters.  I thought the reporter got a bit tabloidy with that question in the end, but I remember another European reporter did the same thing to Stana in Greece.  They're probably not keen on answering these sorts of questions, but not much you can do when the camera's on you.

ETA: 

natefillion Ever wonder what the TV news screens say in the Castle precinct? You're welcome.

https://instagram.com/p/7D0A85Qks5/

Heh.  Someone in the graphics department had a little fun.  Surprising the forensic Castle fans haven't caught this sort of thing before.  

Edited by madmaverick

Nathan's not stupid and he knows what sells this show but what I took from that interview was that if for some reason Katic bails and the network decide to try and carry on he'd be happy to hear what they have to offer him, it makes good business sense. I wouldn't be interested in watching a Beckett-less Castle but that doesn't mean others feel the same way. 

Edited by verdana

Re: that French interview ... I don't see how it was really all that bad. I also thought his answer about Castle without Beckett was very diplomatic (and really, I thought you could tell he had to think about it. I believe when he said that he'd never been asked that before), and that it's really not up to him if Stana leaves and if that will end the show or not. It could be, I guess, but I also understand wanting to work as long as possible.

I'm also not sure what they were trying to get at with the last question... who he prefers? Stana or Krista? Krista or a significant other (mother)? Tweets about more? It was a super awkward question all around. Something lost in translation, perhaps?

LOL didn't realize that they were planning to drop an ep or album later. I though it was a one time thing for the dvd extras.

They both like to sing (and don't suck at it) so not so surprising, I guess? Unless they plan to do more for Castle. But I might check out an album ... out of curiosity, if nothing else.

I could do without the autotune, though. :/

Also, as far as "Definition of Love" goes for a wedding song/gift ... I expected more schmaltz.

• Love 1
I also thought his answer about Castle without Beckett was very diplomatic (and really, I thought you could tell he had to think about it. I believe when he said that he'd never been asked that before),

Very much agree to all of this. 

Krista or a significant other (mother)

Krista is in a new CW show called Significant Mother, in which she is banging her college aged son's best friend.  Nathan has tweeted about it several times. Don't worry if you haven't heard about it - based on the ratings, no one has. 

They've both got the typical MV camera mugging style down pat but I'm not really a fan.

Based on the fact that I only recognized about 15% of the people on the VMA red carpet last night, I think my days of appreciating music videos has long passed. Agree that they can sing well enough, but I was actually embarrassed watching them mug (no pun intended) for the camera, and couldn't even watch the whole thing. They certainly seem to be having fun, so I wish them well. 

Krista is in a new CW show called Significant Mother, in which she is banging her college aged son's best friend.  Nathan has tweeted about it several times. Don't worry if you haven't heard about it - based on the ratings, no one has.

Oooohhhhhh yeaaaahhh ... that does sound vaguely familiar. It's got the guy that played Kyle XY on it. I have no interest in it or the guy that played Kyle XY so I'm not watching, but I think one of my college-era Facebook acquaintances is friends with one of the executive producers. (Seriously, that's why I know the name, he was trying to get people to check it out.)

So either way it was an awkward question (but glad the reporter wasn't making him choose between Stana and Krista?) but at least he knew what the guy was getting at. (Unlike me. Oops).

Castle Promos ‏@CastlePromos  58m58 minutes ago

Keep an eye out for a #Castle promo on ABC tonight. Don't know if it's new footage yet but according to Shawn, there's something coming up!

I hope we get some new footage this time.

Krista is in a new CW show called Significant Mother, in which she is banging her college aged son's best friend.

And they've made a show out of that? No wonder not many are watching but at least Fillion is doing his bit to support her, she'll need it. 

Seriously.... My take away from that promo is "get a life, Alexis"....

I guess I would be more gleeful about a new promo if I didn't know what was coming.....seeing all the people who have no idea, peeing their pants with excitement is kind of funny and tragic all at the same time! Hope they still feel excited at the end of the 2nd episode and beyond...and can I just add I am stunned that the spoilers here haven't leaked out into the fandom...stunned!

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 2

Hmmm ... this could be something I'm interested in for an episode or two. I'm still not thrilled about the idea of a season of Castle and Beckett separated (either personally and/or professionally), though.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

Ugh Alexis has all kinds of time on her hands that she already closed 4 cases and why does that new PI office kinda reminded me of a redecorated Dr. Burke's office. Guessing the vertical blinds was reused from the hospital set. I think I might miss the light colored walls and charming open elevator from last season's office cause it looks so dark in there.

I actually liked the noirish retro vibe of the old PI office, but they probably thought it wasn't glam or roomy enough for a more long term stay.  The new office looks a bit like a larger, less bright version of his home office.  I spotted the "balls" sculpture Nathan tweeted about in the background of the new office.  Where did we see those before?  I barely remember what Dr. Burke's office looked like since we saw so little of it, but my main impression of the new PI office from the promo was that it's very dark in there.  In line with the precinct lighting at times, or even darker.  Bowman's directing the premiere, right?  I suppose they're going for their idea of the "cinematic" look again, but to them it seems like their only idea of that is dark lighting plus silhouettes. ;)  If we see a Caskett kiss from Bowman, I predict we won't be seeing their lips and mouths lit as usual.

Nice to see a Caskett opening scene, even if it's the warm and married vibe rather than the hot and sexy vibe exuding from the opening scene in the new book.  I think the writers just see the former as more fitting and the latter as a rare special treat, unfortunately.

Alexis Knows Best is back in action and will have to see how long it goes on before she tests my patience.  I'm hoping, surely, it can't be as bad as in the Pi arc?

And nice throwback to The Third Man though I don't envy any actor who has to have a hairy spider crawl on his face!  Nice that we get a "Kate".  Hope to hear Beckett call him "Rick" sometime too because it's been a while.

Generally speaking, thought the promo was quite well done.  Looks like there's lots happening in the premiere.

The Cast Behind The Cast DVD extra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWRS4lMRcA&feature=youtu.be

Diana‏@dia_47
@NathanFillion Just tell me some spoilers about s8 please...!

Nathan Fillion ‏@NathanFillion  
These are my shoes for season 8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNxwekRUYAAJLp7.jpg

Lol.  Knowing Luke, they're probably the same shoes for earlier seasons.  Except a new pair because they have money to spend.  Same deal with the blue shirts.

At least he looks like he's wearing dark jeans again which is an improvement when it seemed like he was wearing various dark slacks most of the time. I wish Luke bring back that dark green jewel tone button up since last season's wardrobe felt like shades of grey shirts. Maroon, dark teal and purple shirts would be great too. I'll even take that bright red button up back as long it's not paired up with that navy jacket. I want some color back since the sets are so dark. It would be nice that Castle could wear a stripe button up since the last time he worn that in s3, but apparently that pattern of shirt seems to make it to Ryan's wardrobe paired with argyle sweater vest in the mv.

Nathan seems to be the good bf by watching and tweeting during the west coast feed of Significant Mother every week. When he tweeted the 2 min trailer, I thought this is so bad. It must be filler til the fall shows start back up since it got an August premier date. Someone should cast Krista and Liz Vassey as sisters in something. They manage to even have similar hairstyles on when they guest stared on this show. Occasionally when Lindsay Price wears bangs and certain photographic angles, she starts resembling Liz.

Is it sad that one of my takeaways from that promo is that I'm already annoyed by Alexis?

I'm joining what could prove to be a long queue.

Alexis is going to have a more prominent role that seemed clear to me from the spoilers and this promo simply confirms that, I also believe Hayley will be an associate who helps him out in typically sassy badass style. Unfortunately it also appears that we're back to Alexis telling dad she's better than he is which does not endear me to the character one bit. The Castle/Alexis dynamic I find has lost a lot of its charm as Alexis has supposedly matured and what's happened about college? 

At around 0.44 with the "I love you" (which is the BTS shot Hawley tweeted) is that the moment she tells him she's leaving him?

Nice to see a Caskett opening scene, even if it's the warm and married vibe rather than the hot and sexy vibe exuding from the opening scene in the new book.  I think the writers just see the former as more fitting and the latter as a rare special treat, unfortunately.

Pretty much yeah this and given what's coming we're not even going to get the former for that long lol so better make the most of that moment. 

Edited by verdana

Nathan seems to be the good bf by watching and tweeting during the west coast feed of Significant Mother every week. When he tweeted the 2 min trailer, I thought this is so bad. It must be filler til the fall shows start back up since it got an August premier date. Someone should cast Krista and Liz Vassey as sisters in something. They manage to even have similar hairstyles on when they guest stared on this show. Occasionally when Lindsay Price wears bangs and certain photographic angles, she starts resembling Liz.

It's very sweet the way Nathan is supporting her show but OMG just the idea of that show bugs me! Does anyone here for one second think that if it was a hot Dad banging his college aged daughters bestie that Hollywood would even contemplate going there (but it's ok for it to be a chick doing it oh and it's "funny"?!?) I'm sorry but I find that offensive! Can't say I'm shocked it's struggling in the ratings!

Sorry for OT!

• Love 4

Alexis is going to have a more prominent role that seemed clear to me from the spoilers and this promo simply confirms that, I also believe Hayley will be an associate who helps him out in typically sassy badass style. Unfortunately it also appears that we're back to Alexis telling dad she's better than he is which does not endear me to the character one bit. The Castle/Alexis dynamic I find has lost a lot of its charm as Alexis has supposedly matured and what's happened about college? 

Richard Castle's twitter account posted something about Alexis looking for an internship.I'm guessing that's a spoiler/hint that Alexis will be "interning" for the PI office and never going to class. Even though internships generally don't replace classes when you're an undergrad.

KaveDweller. Thanks for the info, I suppose that's one way to get Alexis integrated into Castle's PI's business without kicking her college life completely to the curb. I can't face the idea of Alexis playing detective with dad all season long but then Molly's only contracted to appear in a set number of episodes a season (thirteen?) so with any luck they'll be periods when she's not around. 

And nice throwback to The Third Man though I don't envy any actor who has to have a hairy spider crawl on his face!

No amount of inducements on God's good earth could persuade me to get close to that big hairy monstrosity.  

Edited by verdana

I think it's him but I don't think she's making the faces at him, but at the camera crew.  It also looks like it's them that fall into bed together although they seem more apart on the bed than what I recall from the episode?  I'm not sure what Nathan did wrong in that scene.  Something with the remote?

Honestly, I don't know if we get many clues about their working relationship from bloopers although they may be the only 'clues' we get. ;)  I mean, I'm sure they get the job done and done well most days.  But are they easy and friendly and jokey with each other?  Who knows.  Their blooper interaction isn't like it was in S3.  No more cheek squeezing or otherwise invasion of personal space.  I doubt Nathan would pull what he pulled with Penny here (going for a second kiss) with Stana.

I thought it might have been Stana's double in one of the scenes with Seamus talking so I suppose they do use doubles when only the back is shown, although I have rarely spotted this on the show.  Maybe once.

I'm not sure it's Nathan in that shot guess it could be but either way she's making faces at the camera seems to me.

I don't take anything that I see from bloopers as hard evidence one way or another as to the exact nature of their relationship BTS be it hot, cold or indifferent but they do seem overall more reserved with each other in the later blooper reels. 

Funny that the bloopers in respect of the In Plane Sight episode were all much funnier than the episode itself. 

I still hate that kiss with Penny he did (although she didn't heh!) and I wish it had never made it to the screen. 

Edited by verdana

I know it's not like it used to be, but don't ruin my story with your logic ;). I think other fun interactions include his face on the "dick" line flub and the fall onto the bed. I'll take what I can get, even if they do seem sorta indifferent to each other in other parts.

• Love 2

I just realized why the apparent prominence of Alexis' role bothers me — it's so Mary Sue-ish. People are critical of how Beckett is written as hypercompetent and gifted in all sorts of unlikely abilities, but at least she's got the excuse of at least a decade of adult life in which to acquire some of those. Alexis seems poised to jump to hypercompetence without any kind of "launching pad".

• Love 1

Castle Season 8 Episode 1 Promo in Slowmo Brightened Season 8 - 8x01

With Bowman directing this is required, thank you good folks on tumblr but I'm not looking at that giant spider at the end in slow mo! 

One thing that seems to be confirmed is the woman firing the gun at Castle and Hayley is not Beckett, I thought it was.

Cyranetta. I think you nailed it, there's no life experience there, she's just become an instant Mary Sue. Argh! 

7.01 Deleted scene #1

I'd have much rather seen this of them all together in the car then Beckett flailing around in a soaking wet wedding dress in that overly melodramatic opener. 

7.01 Deleted scene #2

7.02 Deleted scene 

This is where I had the big issue with the mythology, everyone treated it like his disappearance was a bit of joke, especially Castle so I couldn't take it seriously either.

Edited by verdana

I'm not sure it's Nathan in that shot guess it could be but either way she's making faces at the camera seems to me.

I don't take anything that I see from bloopers as hard evidence one way or another as to the exact nature of their relationship BTS be it hot, cold or indifferent but they do seem overall more reserved with each other in the later blooper reels. 

They don't seem to be interacting with each other as much, in terms of eye contacting, they are both just sort of existing in the same space.   Except for the "I'm looking for a dick" one, where they were already looking at each other for the scene.  But they seem polite enough with each other. I know you can't tell much from seven minutes of footage over the season though.  But definitely better and more fun bloopers than season 6. 

I just realized why the apparent prominence of Alexis' role bothers me — it's so Mary Sue-ish. People are critical of how Beckett is written as hypercompetent and gifted in all sorts of unlikely abilities, but at least she's got the excuse of at least a decade of adult life in which to acquire some of those. Alexis seems poised to jump to hypercompetence without any kind of "launching pad".

And we have at least seen Beckett have weak moments.  I can't think of any Alexis has had....even during the Pi storyline she was presented as though she was right.

What boring deleted scenes.  I guess we know why they were deleted?  Usually there is at least one that really reveals something we missed, like the one in Watershed of Beckett worrying in the middle of the night.

Edited by KaveDweller

And we have at least seen Beckett have weak moments. I can't think of any Alexis has had....even during the Pi storyline she was presented as though she was right.

What boring deleted scenes. I guess we know why they were deleted? Usually there is at least one that really reveals something we missed, like the one in Watershed of Beckett worrying in the middle of the night.

The final Hollander's Woods deleted scene I would have kept in (not the one listed above) it's one where Espo calls Beckett to let them know Castle's in danger in the barn which leads to her giving him the gun etc. But that's the only one I would have kept in out of the second half of the season anyway.

Roe was originally supposed to direct 805. Guessing he's been moved to Sweeps episodes instead.

Edited by Nadine
What boring deleted scenes.

Yeah.

The only one I would have possibly kept in the first one of them in the car because it's so rare that we get Martha, Alexis and Kate together alone sharing anything. 

But it's not like some years when there's a scene they remove which has me almost banging my head on the desk in frustration they cut it - the moment Beckett puts her mother's ring away springs to mind. 

Edited by verdana

I got the DVDs today, and the featurette on the background actors is really interesting.

ETA: Kind of suspect that some crew members and the official Castle account are tweeting pro Caskett things today. Someone is worried and pushing the word out that we aren't just getting 22 episodes of Alexis being a snot.

@Castle_ABC: #Caskett FOREVER! A brand new season of #Castle starts September 21 at 10|9c on ABC! http://t.co/tOMu8xbTfi

@EAkorn: This season on #Castle..."Wrinkled sheets just aren't what they seam..." #CastleSeason8 #EriksTeases

@EAkorn: I walked passed the writers office today and heard something really great about #Caskett...wait what was it again? #Castle #EriksTeases

Edited by FlickerToAFlame

ETA: Kind of suspect that some crew members and the official Castle account are tweeting pro Caskett things today. Someone is worried and pushing the word out that we aren't just getting 22 episodes of Alexis being a snot.

@Castle_ABC: #Caskett FOREVER! A brand new season of #Castle starts September 21 at 10|9c on ABC! http://t.co/tOMu8xbTfi

@EAkorn: This season on #Castle..."Wrinkled sheets just aren't what they seam..." #CastleSeason8 #EriksTeases

@EAkorn: I walked passed the writers office today and heard something really great about #Caskett...wait what was it again? #Castle #EriksTeases

Erik the sound guy annoys me to no end, so anything he tweets falls flat with me. That pretty much goes for most of the crew save for Andy the camera operator. At least his tweets share interesting BTS images/info and doesn't pander or is filled with hyperbole. 

Edited by S55
  • Love 2