Type keyword(s) to search

See Darlene Love's Last Performance Of 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)' On The Late Show With David Letterman

Before last week's post I hadn't seen ANY of the Darlene appearances on Dave, but this last one was at least as fabulous as any of the preceding ones. The song came up on my radio yesterday as I was driving between Christmas-shopping stops [GAHHH], and although the key was a lot higher and her voice was nowhere near as rich as it is now, I knew immediately it was Darlene Love.

Let's forget the fact that [i'm] coming a little late to the party and embrace the fact that showed up at all.

• Love 2

76???  Wow, she looks great.  I don't watch Letterman much anymore but I just happened to be channel surfing and caught her performance.  I'm so glad I did.  I had seen her in past years but I didn't know this was her last performance.  Did anyone say why it's her last one?   Now I need a hankie.

ETA:  Well, duh, I forgot that this is Letterman's last season which is why it was Darlene's last performance.  I'm watching the SNL Christmas special right now and she's singing "Christmastime for the Jews," another favorite.  The Wiki site says she's 73.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1