Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E11: Angle of Attack

The CSIs' investigation of the victim of an apparent hit and run leads them into the world of aeronautics.

The cause of death of the first guy was interesting, but after that I kept getting distracted by H!ITG! of the two lead suspects, which were (to me) Lauren Reed (Virginia Williams), the not-so-evil stepmom from Fairly Legal and Eli Stone's brother (Matt Letscher).
  • Love 1

I must have missed something. How did they go from "the pilot launched from this condo building" to "he must be having an affair with the CEO"? As far as I could tell, there was no physical evidence that she was there. Was it because she's an attractive woman and therefore she must be sleeping around? It turned out not to be true. She was merely a hard hitting boss who cut corners. Why couldn't they have just left it at that?

Also, the motivational speech she gave to her underlings was hilarious for how inept and uninspiring it was. She interrupted everyone and got them all to put down what they were doing just so she could show how she's capable of being angry and waving her hands around.

I caught this episode because I was bored and I stayed on after seeing The Mentalist. I hadn't watched CSI in years before this one. Looks like I'll be staying away for another few years.

I must have missed something. How did they go from "the pilot launched from this condo building" to "he must be having an affair with the CEO"? As far as I could tell, there was no physical evidence that she was there. Was it because she's an attractive woman and therefore she must be sleeping around? It turned out not to be true. She was merely a hard hitting boss who cut corners. Why couldn't they have just left it at that?

It's like there was a scene left out that somehow connected the CEO romantically to the dead test pilot.  Just using a corporate apartment for numerous launches (according to the black box info, it was) seemed like a bit of a leap (as it were) to conclude that that the test pilot was baning the CEO, and just devolved into a yet another disgruntled person killing their lover.

But it basically fits in with the rest of poorly written episodes this season.

• Love 1

I must have missed something. How did they go from "the pilot launched from this condo building" to "he must be having an affair with the CEO"?...

IRC, the victim's wife told the CSIers that she thought he was having an affair, and there was semen on the sheets, and it was rented out in the CEO's name.

I guess all of that was necessary for the plot to go where it eventually went.

I would have preferred if he had crashed through a Christmas display so presents and fake presents were among the remains. They could have made a joke or two about space age Santa and just gone with the heartless military-industrial complex instead of the sex drama.

• Love 3

IRC, the victim's wife told the CSIers that she thought he was having an affair, and there was semen on the sheets, and it was rented out in the CEO's name.

I guess all of that was necessary for the plot to go where it eventually went.

But the thing is the CSIs jumped to the conclusion about an affair before they even arrived at the condo. They used the GPS data to figure out where the Captain had launched from, saw that it was a condo in the CEO's name, and then one of the CSIs suggested maybe the Captain was getting flight time off the books. And then the other CSI said something like, "Maybe the CEO was giving him a little more than some extra flight time" in an "if you know what I mean" kind of tone. By that point, they hadn't detected semen or any other bodily fluids in the condo, and the wife hadn't given any hint that she suspected her husband of having an affair (she only said that after they confronted her with security camera footage). So basically, the CSI who suggested an affair with the CEO was pulling the theory completely out of his ass.

It would be one thing if they found semen in the bed and then started questioning the CEO about an affair. But what they first found was blood splatter showing evidence of murder and then confronted the CEO because they knew — they just knew! — that she was having an affair. It was only after they went back to the scene a second time that they discovered semen in the bed plus some other evidence implicating his commanding officer.

• Love 4

But the thing is the CSIs jumped to the conclusion about an affair before they even arrived at the condo. They used the GPS data to figure out where the Captain had launched from, saw that it was a condo in the CEO's name, and then one of the CSIs suggested maybe the Captain was getting flight time off the books. And then the other CSI said something like, "Maybe the CEO was giving him a little more than some extra flight time" in an "if you know what I mean" kind of tone. By that point, they hadn't detected semen or any other bodily fluids in the condo, and the wife hadn't given any hint that she suspected her husband of having an affair (she only said that after they confronted her with security camera footage). So basically, the CSI who suggested an affair with the CEO was pulling the theory completely out of his ass.

They thought the guy had the high altitude whatever syndrome that made it more likely for him to have a stroke.  They knew that he had launched from the CEO's apartment,, but they didn't know that was a common occurrence.  The also figured that he was dead when he launched. So, the speculated that that he must have died in the apartment and someone got rid of the body by launching it from the balcony. 

So, the first question is why would die there?  Theory - Most likely he had a stroke, like his friend did.

Next question - What would cause him to have a stroke in the CEOs's apartment?  theory - He died during sex.   

Then - who would a man (who is married to a woman) be having sex with in a female CEO's apartment?  Theory - the CEO. 

So I was okay with them coming up with the theory about having an affair with the CEO...  But, if they didn't know it was common to take off from the balcony, why didn't they wonder why there was a jet pack in the apartment?  Either I am misremembering and they already knew the balcony was a common launch point or they assumed it was some pretty wild sex. 

• Love 4
So I was okay with them coming up with the theory about having an affair with the CEO...  But, if they didn't know it was common to take off from the balcony, why didn't they wonder why there was a jet pack in the apartment?  Either I am misremembering and they already knew the balcony was a common launch point or they assumed it was some pretty wild sex.

If I remember correctly, after they got the black box info it was mentioned that the jet pack had been launched from the CEO's condo many times (so it wasn't the first time launched from that location).  The CSIs also assumed that it was the same person flying the jet pack each time -- ergo the ongoing affair with the CEO.  I'm curious why the building surveillance cameras caught the fight between the test pilot and his wife at the elevator, but there was no sign of the Air force officer at all.  Did he fly into the suite using a jet pack as well ?

I also find it hard to believe that no one in that neighborhood heard that jet pack/body crash into the van -- the owner of the van was only aware of it AFTER the cops showed up hours later.  It would have made a hell of a noise, and probably set off every car alarm nearby.

• Love 2

The rocket man line was interesting and to me but a bit far fetched.

The offices of Bradley Weeks and the smash in and smash out must have been rough and then the body dump of Weeks in the street. That had to be a major surprise to him. The Chevy Astro Taxi with the back door blasted open and the body in the back was like wow! The Taxi Driver played on Fast Times At Ridgemont High and Booker in the 1980's.

Amanda Holland telling Russell infront of Mills that Bobbie didn't take risks. Then after Mills leaves telling him he does and she'd like it investigated. That seemed strange. But don't we call NCIS if we have a Air-force death?

Captain Jack Ferris in interrogation and he then zoning out and having a stroke was quite strong and well played.

The reason they thought the one rocket man (Captain Robert Holland)was having and affair with his boss ,Claudia Mason,it first was leased in her name. It was also that they had a video of him coming to the suite floor off the elevator and I believe his wife Amanda, coming and they argued. Then ofcourse semen was found in the bed and they put 2 and 2 together.It ofcourse didn't turn out to be him, but for awhile they thought he was having that affair with her. We find it is Mills who Holland was in bed with. Bobbie was dumping him. Not the ending I thought we'd get. But plausible. I liked when D. B. Russell told Mrs. Hollands what happened and he admitted he used to keep secrets from his wife. I wonder what that is?

I didn't for most of the episode suspect Major Bernard Mills as the man behind the rockets going bad. But maybe him not wanting to give Russell the black box codes may have been a clue?

Nice to see Detective Kevin Crawford. I miss Jim Brass big time, but Kevin is good

I didn't mind the assumption that the (first) victim was sleeping with the CEO - it wasn't that much of a leap and he was having an affair, even if they got the wrong person.

The thing I had most trouble believing was that there weren't 10000 reports of a UFO zooming around Vegas (OK, people wold probably imagine it was a publicity stunt, but still...) and that they had any trouble finding the missile. I'm pretty sure that flight suit had zero stealth capabilities and you'd think a missile (which essentially, it was) landing in LV would attract reporters like flies to honey!