Type keyword(s) to search

S07: Kennedy Davenport

• Start Topic

Is she supposed to be famous? I ask this due to Jasmine Masters's reaction when she first met her. I just don't see her drag being anything special that warrants any kind of celebrity status.

Is she supposed to be famous? I ask this due to Jasmine Masters's reaction when she first met her. I just don't see her drag being anything special that warrants any kind of celebrity status.

I saw a video of her performing and I do think that she's probably famous in the circle of drag that does high energy performance. She did high energy drag almost like Sonique would do on the show, but ever faster, as Sonique's was more private dancer.

From what I gathered from Alyssa Edward's review of the Meet The Queens, Kennedy is extremely popular in Texas drag circles and the pageant circuit, being the one who first crowned Alyssa.

Her green dress looked AMAZING on the runway this week.  And she seemed a little more pleasant this episode as well.  I kinda hope with Jasmine gone that she'll loose some of that stank and be a bit nicer.  I know all queens need to throw shade but you can be funny too.

I like her in the Untucked. She was harsh as hell in her criticisms, but not bitchy or mean about them. I could see her becoming the drag mama this season, because while she isn't nearly as nice as Chad or Bianca, she's the kind of harsh these young queens need.

• Love 1

Her green dress looked AMAZING on the runway this week.  And she seemed a little more pleasant this episode as well.  I kinda hope with Jasmine gone that she'll loose some of that stank and be a bit nicer.  I know all queens need to throw shade but you can be funny too.

I actually thought her dress was ugly, hideous shade of green and way too busy.

• Love 2
I actually thought her dress was ugly, hideous shade of green and way too busy.

Really?  Yeah Raja & Raven both gave it a boot as well.  I think they said the feathers across the chest were distracting & the rhinestones were too much but honestly I love that.  I enjoy the pomp & circumstance of a pageant queen so I was all for Kennedy's look.  I guess it's just a matter of what kind of queen you like--the more fashion forward thinking of Pearl & Fame or the old skool pageant styles of Kennedy.

• Love 2

I might have missed it, but I was wondering if she was in Sahara Davenport's drag family.

Or is her name just a coincidence,

They were drag sisters. I think she said they even went to high school together, but I could be making that up.

Kennedy said she felt bad because she didn't have the money to make it up to NYC for the funeral.

Kennedy said she felt bad because she didn't have the money to make it up to NYC for the funeral.

That's terrible!

Too bad some of her friends didn't hold a quickie benefit so she could raise the $.

Was it ever released what happened with Sahara?

She and Sahara were "sisters" and went to school together (per Kennedy in an early episode). I think that, unfortuantely for her, she represents a school of drag that no longers plays outside southern bars and the pageant circuit. Even more unfortunate - she's not really a good example of that school of drag.

• Love 4

She is staying in the competition a lot longer than I initially thought she would last. She has given some funny stage performances particularly in Snatch Game, the Divine challenge, and the Shakesqueer play, but I think her "pageant queen" style of drag is so played out like she belongs in the 1980s (even RuPaul is more innovative style-wise than she is). She also looks way older than 33. I thought she was Sahara Davenport's drag mother!

• Love 3

From the "Snatch Game" episode thread:

It seemed like Kennedy was dead set on Little Richard even though it was risky as hell. Knowing the judges' aversion to boy-drag, I would've switched the second Ru warned me.

I still don't like Kennedy, but her Little Richard showed charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. Especially nerve—sticking to her guns when everybody's reminding her how risky "boy drag" can be.

Kennedy's Little Richard was way more draggedy than Milan's Janelle Monáe. And her facial hair was way better this time than the bearded lady challenge.

I could not even watch the whole video, it was so boring and I was tired of waiting for the great dancing to happen. He moves were just as jerky and disconnected as her LSFYL. There was a minute still left before I turned it off.