Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Rubbery Homicide

Flashbacks to the furry episode.  I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the 'suit'.  (that and the 'clown sex' episode from way, way back).  Ick!

Why did they not think of some type of mask as soon as they were examining the 'face-shaped' bloodstain on the pavement?  You would think they would figure out that a mask was involved when they couldn't get anything from face recognition.  I kept yelling 'it's a mask! It's a mask, idiots!' at the screen. 

• Love 2

So the daughter knew her dad was at the club because she could hear the music in the background.  This got her so upset that she went to the club, followed the guy in her mom's suit and killed him.  Then realized that she killed the wrong guy.  Two questions - 

-- If the other guy was wearing the suit, how was her dad at the club? What was he wearing - the other guy had the suit on. 

-- She followed the guy in the suit, but I thought the guy stepped out of a car and the daughter was on foot.  How did she follow him.  

I am probably just not paying enough attention - or maybe I am paying too much....

• Love 1

I too got the furry vibe from this one.  The "dolls" were definitely creepy.  I think it was the way the masks looked like around the eyes.  Just the shot of the group of the "dolls" grouped around the bar staring at DB and Greg.  creepy.  

Mystery, kind of guessed it as soon as we saw the family that it had to be one of them.

• Love 2

It was funny to be reading here about the comparisons of this episode to the 'furries' one and then see a story from the Associated Press about how a hotel hosting a 'furries' convention in Chicago had to be evacuated yesterday.  It was definitely a serious issue (chemicals being intentionally released and all), but I thought of the CSI episode when I saw all of the people dressed in animal costumes being herded (heh!) across the street to--of all things--a dog show. 

Until I saw the rubber doll episode, I had never heard of such a thing.  I thought about looking it up, but I'm a little afraid.

• Love 5

Until I saw the rubber doll episode, I had never heard of such a thing.  I thought about looking it up, but I'm a little afraid.

You're not alone. CSI has introduced me to many "alternate life styles" over the years. Not judging anyone, just observing.

• Love 3

So the daughter knew her dad was at the club because she could hear the music in the background.  This got her so upset that she went to the club, followed the guy in her mom's suit and killed him.  Then realized that she killed the wrong guy.  Two questions - 

-- If the other guy was wearing the suit, how was her dad at the club? What was he wearing - the other guy had the suit on. 

-- She followed the guy in the suit, but I thought the guy stepped out of a car and the daughter was on foot.  How did she follow him.  

I am probably just not paying enough attention - or maybe I am paying too much....

I think the phone call and the killing took place on different days, like she called him one day about spending time with her and heard the music, decided to kill him and carried out her plan a few days later.

This, however, brings up something I think has been hurting the show. In earlier seasons they would have two cases per episode and I think that format worked better. First, neither case has to be stretched out to fill the hour. This season has had lots of filler. Second, we got to see different characters working together. The writers didn't have to come up with a way for each character to contribute to a single case.

The only time the dual storylines didn't work was when they went through a bunch of episodes where the cases were related every single week.

• Love 4

I can deal with the furries and rubber dolls, but I need Morgan and Greg to have babies like yesterday. 

Oh, and this almost killed me -

(My wife, as the plus-size rubber doll was running away from Greg at the ball)

"OMG!  It's David!"

Edited by Drogo

When the guys complained about the suits not being breathable I kept thinking "Couldn't you make them of Goretex?" Although maybe that's the point. Although I do find it hard to believe that the CSIs can keep coming across subcultures they hadn't discovered before (it didn't seem like that hidden a subculture). Though I've long since stopped being surprised at any kinkiness in CSI, so I'm kinda surprised that the gang aren't as blasé.

Have to admit I kinda tuned out on who & why the murder happened, to be honest, which is a bit worrying in a murder mystery!