Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: One Switch, One Glitch

Man, compared to last season, it feels like there are a lot fewer happy matches and a lot more "Well, the numbers worked out." and pairs where one half was just champing at the bit to go back to a non-match after the show. Poor Ellie. I wanted her to find someone.

• Love 3

I don't think that's true at all. I mean, the reunion was a different story. But there were a bunch of couple coming out of this show. Not all were because of actual matches. Sure. But, this show is never going to be out just dating the person you match up with. In over all terms, this group left a lot happier, all things considered.

ZootSuit, that's the way I understood it. If Christina made a match confirmed by the Truth Booth, the double match would be out of the house and out of the money, and vice versa. But if they both made it to the end, and the group figured out 10 matches, everyone wins money, including Christina/double match.

Does anyone know what couples are still together?

I'm sure we'll find out who stayed together at the reunion next week.

Ugh, Layton couldn't have one moment where he wasn't a dick. Good grief. At least they still won the money.

• Love 3

Sadly I honestly think that the show is partially fake.. I think producers told Layton to switch Tyler for Christina in order to make it more thrilling at the end. I think they manipulate with the show, maybe not the whole time but they do. which is sad because I'd appreciate much more if they lose/win by themselves. the calculations are done by computer, early in the game there are no matches (because of number of episodes) THEN they starting to throw some random in and recalcute the next options and finally the producers help the worthless cast and tell them what to do and when. it's a shame.. I like the idea of the show but this is crap.

• Love 4

Rasan, you basically said what I came here to day.  So obviously contrived.  I almost wish it was real, because I'd love to hate on Christina for pretending like she was shocked when Layton chose her, considering they'd had a conversation about it in the pool, and also hate on Layton, since he made this grand gesture about being a "rock" for Christina and she was making out with Brandon minutes later after they won...and also because Layton just sucks so hard at being a person... but, whatever, it was so phony.  I still can't wait for the reunion, because I'm pathetically attached to this show.  

• Love 2

I agree that this episode was frustratingly fake.  I would have loved for Layton to have messed everything up for everyone.

I am kind of impressed that they did a decent job of pretending to be surprised, because a lot of them were really pretty obviously drunk at the final ceremony.

• Love 2

I call shenanigans with this show too.  

Someone told Layton to switch with Christina.  I think the panicked reactions of everyone else was real, but Layton was told what to do. And quite possibly Christina was told to pick Layton to start as well. Because why on earth wouldn't she have picked someone who had no interest in switching her for whoever they were with - she knew Layton was into her and would switch, possibly screwing them all out of money.  If it wasn't producer meddling, she would/should have worked out a plan with one of the guys ahead of time in which she picks them and they say no and stick with their correct match - but that doesn't give as much drama...

• Love 1

There is much debate about whether or not these type of reality shows adhere to the Game Show rules. That being said, I doubt they outright told them what to do, but I have no doubt they lead them to certain things.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1