Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Girl Meets Brother

I liked it. I liked the twist to the "give someone an egg to take care of" lesson. I groaned when Farkle showed up, but then he said, "I feel like when we don't have school, I'm not even a part of the story" and from then on he was funny. Cory and Topanga laughing at Riley's "rebelliousness" was good. I'm always happy when there are flashbacks. They really are setting up a pattern of Auggie needing all the attention. I wonder if they're setting something up or just out of other ideas for the character.

• Love 2

I liked it. I liked the twist to the "give someone an egg to take care of" lesson. I groaned when Farkle showed up, but then he said, "I feel like when we don't have school, I'm not even a part of the story" and from then on he was funny. Cory and Topanga laughing at Riley's "rebelliousness" was good. I'm always happy when there are flashbacks. They really are setting up a pattern of Auggie needing all the attention. I wonder if they're setting something up or just out of other ideas for the character.

I did too. They were back on track imo and Cory and Topanga kicked ass. Really enjoyed this episode. Riley got on my nerves as usual. But that's par for the course. Auggie did a little too, but to be honest, it seems to be a common thing in their family and I'm learning to ignore it. As for Auggie, he seems to be at that age where he wants things his way... maybe they're setting things up where he learns (more) that he can't always have things his way.

I really liked this episode. Based on the description, I wasn't that thrilled about it, but after actually watching it, I thought it was one of the better ones.

Auggie actually had something age-appropriate to do and wasn't wandering around saying "I'm this many!" His "dramatic moments" of saying "You're the worst babysitter ever!" or whatever the line was, was actually well acted, in my opinion. It shows he is capable of acting rather than just spouting off precocious lines like he's had to do in the past. I really felt bad for him that his pirate game was ruined because Riley would rather watch a tv show with Maya.

Cory and Topanga were great in this episode. I liked the egg thing (the first one where they smashed it, not the ending cheesiness). I liked Cory's line of "Excuse me, it's our anniversary and we're weird. Can I borrow your horsey?" It wasn't at all believable that the parents would let them take their daughter's toy, but I liked the acknowledgement that they're not a "normal" couple. They acted more like parents in this episode, which was great.

I enjoyed this episode, but I am super excited for the Christmas episode next week with SHAWN!!!!! and Mr. and Mrs. Matthews and Uncle Josh. 

• Love 2

This episode made me realize I'd much rather watch this as a family comedy than a middle school comedy. LOVED Corey and Topanga. They really do come across as a couple of kids playing grown up, but not in a bad way. It's cute and it works for them. I even liked Auggie this ep. His issue was one that made sense, wanting to spend time with his sister and being upset that she wasn't paying attention to him and I actually felt bad for him. It was nice to see an ep that highlighted the Matthews family. They are actually a lot of fun. Didn't miss the classroom at all.

• Love 2

Lol yeah cory "it's been 3 weeks and 4 days" comment had me laughing. I'm all about cory and topanga interaction and always love the flashbacks to BMW thought I thought cory was handcuffed to the lockers and not to topanga in bmw first kiss and didn't miss the classroom either.

I thought farkle comments was alluded comments at minkus in BMW just not being there.

Auggie was just being a 6 year old and at 6 it's all about them. 6 year olds are typically completely self involved and I had no problem with that and really he had 2 babysitters with Maya and Riley which turned out pretty good for Auggie in the end.

• Love 1

Was the only in the room who said "Hey its Herbie Hancock" when he was playing on the subway platform while Cory and Topanga waited for the train. Now I feel very old. Good use of Farkle for gift delivery/not taking away from the plot.

Edited by BigPaul25
  • Love 1

This episode made me realize I'd much rather watch this as a family comedy than a middle school comedy. LOVED Corey and Topanga. They really do come across as a couple of kids playing grown up, but not in a bad way. It's cute and it works for them. I even liked Auggie this ep. His issue was one that made sense, wanting to spend time with his sister and being upset that she wasn't paying attention to him and I actually felt bad for him. It was nice to see an ep that highlighted the Matthews family. They are actually a lot of fun. Didn't miss the classroom at all.

Same here. It seems to work a lot better in some ways than the classroom episodes.

No disordely class this episode, YES! I gotta get the flashbacks out of the way.. but those were amazing! As a BMW fanatic, I loved them. I imagine, any Boy fan would agree. I liked how they sprinkled a few within the episode.

The curfew joke was a great lead in to babysitting. Of course Topanga and Cory don't initially trust Riley. I mean this is their first born. I love how we are able to see this because we never saw Eric like this.

The show Riley and Mya wanted to watch was fantastic. It was a joke on all the dumb shows that are made for preteens. It reminded me of the episode when Shawn and Cory tried to watch a horror movie And as a 20-something, I loved that. Also it was very believable that Auggie was feeling neglected because Riley invited Mya. As a little brother, this is very accurate.

Of course Cory and Topanga coming back was wacky and ridiculous, but I get it a little bit. It's probably every parents dream to do that haha.

The pirate game was great and I did love Mya's hair-beard. Each episode in this series gets better and better like the writers promised. "Riley wants responsibility and it's important to let her try." Was a fantastic quote from Cory that summed up the episode. That can resonate with kids and adults that watch the show.

The end joke was funny with the McScrambled eggs family the next day. So I guess I don't have much to complain about this episode haha

• Love 1

While watching I saw previews for the Home for the Holidays episode with Shawn Hunter. And honestly, this is basically why I've been watching. It looks amazing. Watch the promo for that episode. It'll get you excited. "I told you he was real!" That's what Cory says in the promo and it just excites me. This means Cory has told Riley and Mya all about their shenanigans and they didn't believe him. Also his parents Alan and Amy and their son Josh. Ahhhh. Please tell me you guys are pumped for this haha

• Love 2

While watching I saw previews for the Home for the Holidays episode with Shawn Hunter. And honestly, this is basically why I've been watching. It looks amazing. Watch the promo for that episode. It'll get you excited. "I told you he was real!" That's what Cory says in the promo and it just excites me. This means Cory has told Riley and Mya all about their shenanigans and they didn't believe him. Also his parents Alan and Amy and their son Josh. Ahhhh. Please tell me you guys are pumped for this haha

Awesome! Can't wait, hope they do a good job on it!

Also his parents Alan and Amy and their son Josh.

I had to look up "Boy Meets World" characters. I don't even remember Alan and Amy having another son "Josh." Apparently, he's going to be a recurring character.

points off for the lame Bleh! tee and for Cory not knowing how to tie a tie.

Didn't Cory let Augie do it (which would explain the mess it was)?

I had to look up "Boy Meets World" characters. I don't even remember Alan and Amy having another son "Josh." Apparently, he's going to be a recurring character.

Didn't Cory let Augie do it (which would explain the mess it was)?

I think (iirc) that he was Cory's little brother that Amy had in one of the later seasons of BMW. So good job on the writers for some good continuity.

Yep going thru the old BWM seasons

Allan and Amy celibrated??  her positive pregnancy stick by going to the same motel/ dance function that Cory and Topanga were at for graduation.

in S 5:22

He was born S6:16

And he did a showing in 7:22 (brave new world) at about 33 mins in.

The only way I want to see Eric is with a hot GF or wife and not crazy. :)

• Love 1

This episode was real nice. I loved the mother/daughter scene with Riley and Topanga, nice lessons for moms to let your young daughters know they're beautiful even though they dont have all the vava voom look to them. Riley making things up with Auggie was sweet as pie, Maya was cool, and Farkle had me dying.

The only things that got on my nerves was the flashbacks to BMW. WE GET IT, ITS A SPINOFF U_U. Auggie also got on my nerves with his whining, found myself yelling BOY SHUT YUP lol other than that loved it. Can't get over that mother/daughter scene