Type keyword(s) to search

Christie: "It's Spelled 'Christ-i-e!'"

Did anyone notice that she had a weird kind of almost sexual relationship with Jesus I mean she was totally obsessed with the bride of Christ thing. I'm a Christian but I don't think of Jesus as an almost physical man but as a more spiritual being. The way she and some of the others spoke of being brides of Christ really weirded me out

• Love 6

Did anyone notice that she had a weird kind of almost sexual relationship with Jesus I mean she was totally obsessed with the bride of Christ thing. I'm a Christian but I don't think of Jesus as an almost physical man but as a more spiritual being. The way she and some of the others spoke of being brides of Christ really weirded me out

Ok, good. So it wasn't just me who was weirded out by that. I cannot remember, but is Christie the one who said Jesus was flirting with her? Also thought it was kinda weird when the other chick asked her how to spell her name. It just seemed like something that was whispered in her ear to ask just so we could get that hilarious, "Christ-i-e..."

• Love 3

Creepy Christ-ie is sooooooo weird! Who talks about God/Jesus in such a sexual way (well, including that girl with a picture of hot surfer Jesus)?? Gross. Gross. Gross. That is serious overcompensation for considering a vocation that requires chastity and singledom. 

And Creepy Christ-ie? You've earned a bitch slap from me for going on and on about how you have always had a boyfriend and can't imagine not having a boyfriend and OMG what will she do if she is ever single - because she has never been single and she always has boyfriends!!!! Women like that bug me. 

I went to Catholic school for 12 years and never met anyone who talked about Jesus like they would talk about a boyfriend.  IMHO, Creepy Christ-ie is damaged. 

• Love 1

Christie continues to bug -- her vision of religious life seems to be some sort of Sisterwives of Christ, starring her as the New One He's Really Into.  He's a 24/7/365 boyfriend who will never disappoint her, plus he's the son of God, so better than anybody her friends will end up with.    All in all, very immature, and somewhat disturbing in her detailed sharing, as if she's trying to convince herself that she won't be missing the elements she seems so intent on projecting onto Him -- the thrill of first love, the milestones like meeting his parents, etc.

On the plus side?  I was happily impressed at how she handled Claire after that fiasco of a discussion.   

They're two sides of the same coin, in a way.  Claire has all this outward maturity but completely lacks the ability to recognize how insulting and condescending she's being, while Christie has all this outward immaturity but is able to see clearly and with compassion not only how Claire blew it, but what she probably meant to say.  

That scene with Claire is the only time I've liked her.  She showed patience, clarity, and understanding.  I wish we saw that from her more often.

Otherwise I still find her mentally stunted.

Edited by sskrill

Yes, I found that very strange.  That shows a total misunderstanding of the bible and theology....it's figurative....not being an actual, physical bride.  I doubt that nuns, being "married" to the church and taking vows, look at it sexually/romantically.