Type keyword(s) to search

So What Are You Listening To?

aradia22
  • Start Topic

Fifth Cher album "Backstage" (1968). A decent one, I think I'm starting to hear somewhat modern sound in this one and some variety in arrangements (although, that was present in the previous one as well).

• Like 1
13 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I sorta remember that episode on Moonlighting, was it a dream sequence? Or were they at some stake-out, can't remember...

Anyways, sixth Cher album "3614 Jackson Highway" (1969). It was alright, nothing outstanding so far.

• Like 1

Seventh Cher album "Chastity Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (1969). I don't know whether I'd say that this was a studio album from Cher, but... her motion picture soundtrack so far... yep, I'm gonna say 10/10. Very chillax and good quality album, which is vastly different from her previous ones, and clearly shows that professionals were working on it.

Lady Gaga’s Joanne album.  It’s not a bad album but I liked The Fame and Born This Way more.  Her sound here sounds more refined if you will.  No screaming Gaga in her sings like Bad Romance for example.  

Was my favorite song off it

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Eight Cher album "Gipsies, Thieves and Tramps" (1971). Definitely better than most of her studio albums, but not as good as that movie soundtrack album.

• Like 2

Ninth Cher album "Foxy Lady" (1972). This might be, so far, her 10 out of 10 album yet. I have no negatives to say about any of the songs. She really did grow in those six years as a musician...

• Like 2
On 8/8/2024 at 11:44 AM, BlueSkies said:

The song that is great.

That video though 🤮

After I found out he was singing about a 16 yr old girl in that song I kind of lost interest in it. It doesn't sound bad though.

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

After I found out he was singing about a 16 yr old girl in that song I kind of lost interest in it. It doesn't sound bad though.

This was a podcast Robert Tepper the writer of the song spoke a little about it.

Bottom line it sounded to him he didn't minimize the lyrics but it was a different time back 40 years ago.  He goofed on the music video though 

• Applause 1

Chromatica album I just listened too.  Decent enough but I still like The Fame and Born This Way the best.

I’ve always been a secret Gaga lover.  Maybe because I’m just jealous but her fiancé rubs me as sorta shady.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Anela said:

I have this Chappell Roan song stuck in my head.

I've seen some people on another site I go to raving about this artist, and I'd never heard her music before. Clearly will have to change that - I liked this! Very '80s-sounding :D. 

This song's been in my head recently - I keep hearing it on some '80s station I listen to sometimes. I like this song, too - I just think the chorus is pretty:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Jaded said:

I love that song Rain On Me.

---------------------------

Her mom seems very nice

6 hours ago, Palimelon said:

One of the best disco songs ever. Also, you can never go wrong with having Loleatta Holloway on your song as well.

This was such a great video.  Long long before showing diverse groups of people on TV or what not became cool forced there was Dan

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

I'm glad that NKOTB started making music again in the late 2000's. I'm also glad that people liked it enough to where they've been able to stick around.

• Applause 1

I was reminded of this song after listening to the previous one. I haven't heard this one since around the time it came out. I didn't really listen to the lyrics closely. Today I did though and uh I sure didn't realize Jordan was singing about holding someone down in bed....👀

• Like 1
13 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Robbie owns this song, unfortunately Taylor doesn't have the voice for  this depth of song. The crowd went nuts when Robbie started singing !

Yeah, Robbie is one of the GOAT live singers out there, no doubt! Also, this song is f'in classic

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jaded said:

I was reminded of this song after listening to the previous one. I haven't heard this one since around the time it came out. I didn't really listen to the lyrics closely. Today I did though and uh I sure didn't realize Jordan was singing about holding someone down in bed....👀

Oh, man, I haven't heard this song in years. I remember this one being played on The Box back in the day. 

• Like 1

Twelfth Cher album "Take Me Home" (1979). So, she made a five year break, and came out with quite differently sounding album from the rest. Half of the album I would consider to be dance beats. Also, I did not know that Take Me Home was Cher's song.

8 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Dan Hartman is__ the man!   Great cover by Take That on this hit. 

This seems an appropriate response.

Dan The Man! 

• Like 1

Fourteenth and second self-titled Cher album that came out in 1987, and as per typical 80s fashion, these I would say are in fashion of power ballads. It was alright.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Fifteenth (OMG, she probably album wise rivals Rolling Stones...) Cher album "Heart of Stone" (1989). Pretty much more of the same style as previous one just with more pronounced guitars in the background. Pretty good.

• Like 1

Sixteenth Cher album "Love Hurts" (1991). Named after her oh-so-meh cover of Nazareth's Love Hurts song. In terms of enjoyment, this was probably least joyful to listen to out of the last three albums, which I consider to be in modern music era...

• Like 1

Seventeenth Cher album "It's A Man's World" (1995). You know, up until track six, I really thought that this will a ten out of ten out of all her modern albums. But, nope. Long stretches after wards of so-so tracks...

Eighteenth Cher album "Believe" (1998). Third album of hers that I would consider to be dance-track album. And, it was almost 10/10, if not for two songs in the end.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2024 at 2:15 PM, Rushmoras said:

Fifteenth (OMG, she probably album wise rivals Rolling Stones...) Cher album "Heart of Stone" (1989). Pretty much more of the same style as previous one just with more pronounced guitars in the background. Pretty good.

She's gorgeous on that cover 

7 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Eighteenth Cher album "Believe" (1998). Third album of hers that I would consider to be dance-track album. And, it was almost 10/10, if not for two songs in the end.

This is the one song of hers I do recall when it came out.  

So it seems you are impressed with her catalogue overall? 

• Like 1