Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

The grate is to keep out the gremlins. But it’s removable. I do have possums in the neighborhood and you don’t want them under your house. He has since released the grate but I wasn’t sure why he buckled it in like that. 

I started watching “The last of us” am I just a weird zombie watcher?? It’s not like I was groomed by “night of the living dead” movies. I’m sure I watched them but I’m not obsessive about them. Why do I watch still the zombie shows?? Sometimes I’m concerned how weird I am. 

I did think it gave us a nice setup.  Built the characters. We were just Kinda guessing with Rick when he woke up from his coma.  I started watching it because of Liana Mormont. Aka Bella Ramsey. I liked her in game of thrones. 
I broke everything in my house his weekend. A surge protector fried. I heard snap crackle and went to inspect and my converter had melted into the surge protector. So I ran to the living room to steal another surge protector. Unplugging all tv/dvr items. So that was a monstrous pita to put back together. And I neglected to notice I also unplugged mini fridge which I keep drinks in. So walked through later and it was all wet on the floor and couldn’t figure out why. I thought it was just broken because why would I have it plugged in all the way over there? Why? Because everything is garbage. I have no grounded plugs in my house and so everything is plugged into 3-4 surge protectors. 

I’m Mostly listening to the murdaugh trial. I’ve got it on my phone live stream but can really only listen. Peek once in a while but they aren’t showing any evidence so that works. My friend is a court reporter not THE court reporter. She mostly does civil depositions. Travels all around south Carlina. Used to do a lot of work for the firm murdaugh used to work for. Knows all the players. She doesn’t have Inside knowledge per se but more than us spectators. 
my biggest impression is that this trial is a parody of my cousin Vinny. Or my cousin Vinny could be a parody of this. With all the southern accents and tire track speculations. 

20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Not too bad, but the albino OompahLoompahs jumping around all over the place were distracting.

I don’t even know how you’d take it in there at the venue. I could only follow because they televised it. And the camera followed her. I know they have jumbo tron but I ignored the white suit guys. 
I was rooting for chiefs but not any particular reason. 

I always have trouble remembering Philadelphia post-game etiquette - is it they flip the car from the right when they win and from the left when they lose, or is it the other way around?

(But either way, that car is getting flipped - and that mailbox is getting set on fire - and that lamppost is getting torn down - etc., etc….)

I know a couple people from Pennsylvania and they’re just weird. But yes they were saying win or lose Philly is tearing up the whole city. 
I’m still down my rabbit hole of British police dramas. Stayed up til 4 am finishing happy valley. About finished Foyles war. Why do the British people like a 2 hour drama? I can’t binge it as good if it’s 2 hours. 

Ok, the ads on here are getting ridiculous.  Just had this’un pop up:

PT_ads_redheads.png.b913b0f0d36a105b50a99040b31505c9.png

I mean, what’s supposed to be the inference the average person takes from this image - Ron Weasley’s into motorboating?  Like, Herculean duh.

P. S.: So far as offers/counteroffers/acceptances go, looks like we bought a new (to us) house today.

26 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I mean, what’s supposed to be the inference the average person takes from this image - Ron Weasley’s into motorboating?  Like, Herculean duh.

P. S.: So far as offers/counteroffers/acceptances go, looks like we bought a new (to us) house today.

I can't reconcile these 2 sentences. 

• LOL 1

That’s fantastic. I look at listings and watch house hunters and people whine about closets and I look at my 60 year old kitchen and I wouldn’t even know what to do with myself if I had counter space, cabinet space or a fancy kitchen island. I’m happy if I get my durn sink fixed! Up until 10 years ago I never even had an ice maker in my fridge! Much less in the door that crushed ice or hooked up to Wi-Fi! I did have an ice maker for a while but it died and I’m back to flintstones fridge again. 
where I have entered the modern age is my car. I’ve realized through the murdaugh trial that if I wanted to be a serial killer I should a done it before I got a fancy computer age car. Now I can be tracked by the millimeter. If I walk by my car with key fob my computer catches it. Put it in park or reverse it makes a note. My crime-ing days are over :( 

39 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I've never had an ice maker or water dispenser in a fridge. It's really all I've ever wanted in life. :( 

Sincerely we used to love going to my grandmas and getting ice out of her refrigerator. MY GRANDMA! That was frikking 1980 and I didn’t have an ice maker til 2010! I had to put a dishwasher in my house and the plumber guy came yesterday and where I’d been afraid my plumbing wasn’t up to code he told ns the way it’s wired he would be fined $150,000 if he did it that way today. The guy cut a hole in my counter top and ran the cord up through to plug into the wall above. But he apparently spliced an extension Cord head onto the plug that comes with the dishwasher. I knew it was ugly and those house hunter people would think I’m tacky as hell but I didn’t think it was dangerous. So rewriting that would cost more than the plumbing. 

Fabulous! 
yesterday i noticed a fuzzy “thing” on a stoop next to our front door at work. I gathered it might be a bat but I didn’t want to disturb it. Wasn’t sure if he was dead or napping. Had Ricky go poke him today with a stick and tried to put him in a tree. He just opened his wings and tucked back in for nap. I called a wildlife place and they said he might be in “tupor?” Like came out of hibernation too early so he’s lethargic. Could also be sick. She said don’t bother him and if he still ain’t moving by tomorrow they’ll come get him. I don’t want him to die. He’s kinda cute 

Edited by nachomama
  • Mind Blown 1
On 3/22/2023 at 11:33 AM, nachomama said:

Fabulous! 
yesterday i noticed a fuzzy “thing” on a stoop next to our front door at work. I gathered it might be a bat but I didn’t want to disturb it. Wasn’t sure if he was dead or napping. Had Ricky go poke him today with a stick and tried to put him in a tree. He just opened his wings and tucked back in for nap. I called a wildlife place and they said he might be in “tupor?” Like came out of hibernation too early so he’s lethargic. Could also be sick. She said don’t bother him and if he still ain’t moving by tomorrow they’ll come get him. I don’t want him to die. He’s kinda cute 

torpor

16 minutes ago, Superclam said:

When I moved here 12 years ago, it was a relatively stress-free move that had almost no hitches. It still sucked. 

The only good thing is that it eventually ends. 

The house we’re moving out of?  We’ve lived there for 35 years.  Know how long it takes to pack up 35 years worth of shit?  Neither do I, but I do know it takes more than one trip in a 26’ U-Haul.

Part of me wants to sell my house leave all my stuff and buy a 5th wheel. It comes with anything I need. Maybe I’d have to get washer dryer. But couch bed tv etc. I could technically do the remote working thing from anywhere. Although I can’t use Wi-Fi only. I have to be wired in and I don’t know if thats doable. I could get one for a third of what a house would cost. But then no house payment. Footloose and fancy free. But guess what? I also suck at actually doing things like setting up (sincerely do not want to leaning anything about gray black tanks etc) 

On 3/28/2023 at 9:16 AM, nachomama said:

Part of me wants to sell my house leave all my stuff and buy a 5th wheel. It comes with anything I need. Maybe I’d have to get washer dryer. But couch bed tv etc.

Get in the upper-end units - the ones designed for fulltiming - and stacked washer/dryer units are not uncommon as options.

I could technically do the remote working thing from anywhere. Although I can’t use Wi-Fi only. I have to be wired in and I don’t know if thats doable.

VPN requirement?

I could get one for a third of what a house would cost. But then no house payment. Footloose and fancy free. But guess what? I also suck at actually doing things like setting up (sincerely do not want to leaning anything about gray black tanks etc) 

Now THAT could be a problem….  😆

Oh, and FYI - going into Week Two of the Move From Hell; house goes on the market this Thursday, so the clock is ticking LOUD.

On 4/4/2023 at 2:33 PM, Nashville said:

VPN requirement?

Oh, and FYI - going into Week Two of the Move From Hell; house goes on the market this Thursday, so the clock is ticking LOUD.

Yes vpn but they do all that. 

hopefully you get a nice long rest once the move is over. 

next week I’m off to New Mexico. Supposedly high school reunion but it’s 3 years late due to pandemic. 

• Like 2

I survived! My boss had Covid while I was out so I came back to all my work.  Rude I was hoping to dump a bunch of this on him. I also didn’t get paid before I left because he was going to get checked. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Bwaaaa Haaaa Haaaa! The bitch is back, apologies to all that thought they were finally rid of me. I’ve absolutely no idea where we’re up to in all things  Walking Dead and especially shamefully I’ve not even thought about The Beautiful One in what, four months is it? 😱😱😱

I’ve got some catching up to do, plus trying to remember what goes where or not as the case may be.

Im sure it’s going to be a summer full of the usual positive comments and unreserved praise of the imagination,flair,creativity,foresight and just downright other worldly skill and talent with which the writers and showrunners have been blessed!

Maybe I have been away a tad too long 🤔😂🤣

• Like 2

Mags! I was honestly just thinking about you the other day! As in "what the hell ever happened to that bloke?" 

Anyway, you've missed nothing. Fear is back and just as boring, and your girl returns with Negan in about a month. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I made a near fatal error the other day. I accidently friended my sister on Facebook and sweet Jesus on a cracker I’ve wanted to blow my brains out every day since. I would have undone it immediately but she accepted so couldn’t back out. Muted her but she still manages to piss me off. She claims that she is not going to pay for her cell phone in June and thus no more social media but it can’t happen fast enough for me. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

There's some people I just have to unfollow on FB, mostly because they post constantly. Even if I agree with their politics, I don't need to read 3 posts and dumb memes every hour. 

For the last year I've enjoyed instagram more than FB. Same pictures without the dumb comments. (I just don't read the comments.) 

• Mind Blown 1

I will have to if she doesn’t drop her phone plan. She said she’s been hacked and won’t renew. Her posting  is near constant. She doesn’t ever shut up. She’s not living in this century. It’s all 1985. She keeps posting “memories” that are wrong. She says my sister was allergic to oranges. I don’t think so. She said my mom put apples in tuna salad. No she didn’t. They’re meaningless but wrong. Then the stuff that isn’t meaningless …is still wrong. She posted some crap about my last phone call with my sister. She claims my oldest sister told her not to call me before she died. Horseshit. It’s not like it was a secret. It was inevitable. She didn’t spare me any pain, she added to it. My oldest sister morbidly joked she didn’t want to be alone with her when she died because that would be the biggest tragedy of all. So I don’t believe for an instance she told her not to tell me. And I don’t get to throat punch her because I know she’s not a sane person. 

• Mind Blown 2
On 5/18/2023 at 4:30 PM, Superclam said:

Mags! I was honestly just thinking about you the other day! As in "what the hell ever happened to that bloke?" 

Anyway, you've missed nothing. Fear is back and just as boring, and your girl returns with Negan in about a month. 

Negan?   Thanks for the info,  not really a lot of medias cover this anymore.

• Sad 1
(edited)

Apologies, although my world shattering return was absolutely genuine in its promise, it didn't take into account my ability to wreck yet another iPad, this being the third I believe.

Having wasted yet another gold reserve of a small African country upon Apple products, I thought it wise to buy a desktop based screen, the theory being that I wouldn't be in a position to drop it onto the floor because I wanted some entertainment whilst visiting the toilet, or John as I believe you call them.

My ability to have already spilled blackcurrant juice all over the ridiculously priced  wireless keyboard doesn't bode well for my latest effort, I shall however try my hardest to be part of the gang going forward into whatever TWD has to offer. 

This site seems so complicated compared to what it used to be, its probably  just me, I hope you are all well and are in fighting form for what's about to come!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1

Welcome back Mags! You didn't miss nothin'. 

FWIW, I use mid-line Dell laptops for all my computing needs, and they work fine and generally last 3-4 years. They cost about $500 - $700 USD over here. A few years back I switched to HP and it was cuh-rap. 

• Like 1

I have a dell tablet. Works good. $80. I think I have an acer laptop less than $200 now I don’t really do anything on it. 
I did watch the dead city.  Feels like they wanted to be in 3D with all the flying bodily fluids but I’ll stick with it for a bit. 

• Like 2

Im not very computer literate, my first experiences were with windows 95 and such, I struggled with the almost constant need for downloads and updates with Windows software.

I can't remember my first foray into an Apple product, but what I do remember is the fact that it "just worked" you weren't constantly having to download this or upgrade that for it to work.

Apple products are without doubt over priced and very fragile to use, but having used them I could never go back to a Windows based machine, its not something you can explain, it has to be experienced, I'm in no way wealthy and every Apple  product I purchase literally cuts me to the bone and leaves me asking myself if I'm insane,  but its a price that I will save up to pay!

• Like 1