Type keyword(s) to search

S01 E 05: Secrets and Lies

The wives reveal their deepest secrets while on a mountain retreat.  Kate seeks LaQuisha's advice when she discovers she may be pregnant (!).  Jhemini alienates the other women.  Ana tells one too many lies.

Jhemini alienates the others? That's a high point for the synopsis? She does that every single episode with her shitty attitude.

I know!  I've been copying the synopses from the Directv guide and I keep wanting to put exclamation points after every sentence fragment because even the descriptions crack me up.

Why can't I find an episode this week?  It's kind of hoity-toity of Prison Wives Club to go on hiatus during the week of Thanksgiving.  : )

• Love 2

Well, damn, I was just wondering earlier today why a new episode hadn't show up on the DVR in awhile.

Damn Lifetime.  I mean, surely the ratings couldn't have been any more dismal for this shitstorm than that other shittery they show, could it?

Damn, damn, damn.

Well, at least we will have a few other choices to snark on.  

(edited)

Jhemini alienates the others? That's a high point for the synopsis? She does that every single episode with her shitty attitude.

I know!  I've been copying the synopses from the Directv guide and I keep wanting to put exclamation points after every sentence fragment because even the descriptions crack me up.

Why can't I find an episode this week?  It's kind of hoity-toity of Prison Wives Club to go on hiatus during the week of Thanksgiving.  : )

I searched for quite a while trying to find this to DVR tonight and came up with nothing.  They wouldn't cancel halfway through like that shitshow, Utopia, would they???

I've been trying to find info on the sudden schedule change. No luck so far.

What??  No!  This show was my new guilty pleasure.  How could they cancel it? 

((runs off to pout in the corner))

I am so lame that I sent an email to Lifetime asking them not to cancel it.

Ok i was trying to figure out what happened too! So it's cancelled...so sad :-(

Imagine my surprise when I see this episode I the TV listings on Lifetime tonight at 9pm CDT. Maybe they're going to finish off the episodes they had in the can?

OK...I tried to quote everyone so you all would get notified! Heh. They are burning off the rest of the episodes I guess! It's 11:40pm on the East Coast and they are showing this episode. Supposedly it will repeat at 3:00am ET. Then, according to my DVR they are showing the last 3 episodes tomorrow at 11am, 12pm, and 1pm ET.

I should NOT be this excited about it. And I still hate Jhemini.

Well, damn, I was just wondering earlier today why a new episode hadn't show up on the DVR in awhile.

Damn Lifetime.  I mean, surely the ratings couldn't have been any more dismal for this shitstorm than that other shittery they show, could it?

Damn, damn, damn.

Well, at least we will have a few other choices to snark on.  

Oops, forgot ya Persnick.

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 1
(edited)

According to my DVR this morning, the episodes are scheduled for Friday, the 19th. I don't know if they changed the schedule or if I just read the guide wrong last night (quite possible, lol!)

Edited by ExplainItAgain

My guide (DirecTV) said the rest of the episodes will air next Fri. I'm still surprised they decided to air the rest of the season, I thought it was gone for good. Anyone know why they originally pulled it?

Most of these women are kind of pathetic. Anna especially. She has her hopes too high on this re-sentencing, I think she's headed for a major disappointment. The only one who seems mostly sane is Kate. The rest of them seem to be living in this fantasyland, and romanticizing the fact that they're separated from their husbands. If any of the men get released these women who married them as prisoners are in for a rude awakening. It's easy to think the best about someone when they are behind bars and you don't get to see them in a normal environment, but out in the real world I am betting the men are very different. That's what put them in jail in the first place. Quisha and Anne especially have no idea what their husbands' true personalities are.

According to my DVR this morning, the episodes are scheduled for Friday, the 19th. I don't know if they changed the schedule or if I just read the guide wrong last night (quite possible, lol!)

Excellent work on the notifications, EIA!  I saw the red dot and thought "What show could that possibly be?"  LOL  Hi, everybody!

So here's something that's a little bit interesting, at least to me.  Long after good ol' Prison Wives disappeared, someone I know got into a terrible mess and it looks like he's off to prison on the 22d.  I don't know where he'll be sent, but even the closest prison is three hours away, so he won't be getting much company and I want to commit to visiting him.  (He's a much younger, much removed cousin, so definitely not a wife or girlfriend thing--I haven't had to google my state's position on conjugal trailers.)

I've been trying to DVR the shows like "Lockup" so I can be at least a little prepared about what his new life is going to be like.  Maybe I'll see something useful on Prison Wives--at least I'll be watching with a new degree of intensity.  Thanks again for the head's up.

Looks like Cox Cable is showing 3 new episodes next Friday starting at 11 am PST.  I am guessing those are the remaining 3 episodes. 

I don't remember the synopsis on the first one, something about LaQuisha.  The second one is Jhemini considering divorce.  What a surprise . . . said no one ever.  The third one is Anna's mom's reaction to her daughter being married to a convicted murderer.

I missed this show.  Jhemini makes me want to punch her.  Your husband is in prison and you spend nearly $5,000 on a replacement wedding ring?  She certainly seems more invested in her new ring than in her marriage.

How long does/did Anna think she can get away with lying to her family about her husband?  He can't always be "at work" or out of the house or whatever whenever her mom calls.  Not to mention that she' participated in this show so eventually her family was going to find out.

Kate seems like she's the most grounded about the reality of her situation.  Isn't she also the only one who was married to her husband at the time he was convicted and sent away? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Regarding this episode, it was sad to hear LaQuisha talking about her money situation and then say that she's putting money aside for work on her husband's case. He's in for 75 years! I don't know if she's trying to get him a new trial or what's going on. LaQuisha and Ana haven't talked too much about their husband's crimes - I hope they are not blindly assuming their men are innocent since they didn't know them before they were in prison.

I think Kate was sad that she wasn't pregnant. She obviously wants a family and I think she got her hopes up even if she protested it wasn't the right time. She definitely seems the "wise old owl" of the show

The less said about Jhemini the better.

ETA: Actually, reading back over some of the posts from the earlier episodes, I forgot that LaQuisha knew her husband from high school. Still, as a single mom it seems crazy to be putting away money for her husband.

Edited by ExplainItAgain