Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E09: Devil's Island

photo fox
  • Start Topic

I am so sad for Yvonne's family I can barely take it.  To lose a son to leukemia, one daughter to murder and the other to cancer?  Just not right.

This is what I thought.  That was actually the worst part of the episode, at the end when they said Michele had cancer and it showed her looking so sick, and then they said she had died.  Oh_ my_ god_.  I didn't see that coming.  And yes, three kids dead, parents look barely 70.  I almost cried for that sweet stepmother, she somehow reminded me of my own.

I looked online to see if it was said anywhere what kind of cancer Michele had, but I didn't find any information.  That's totally OK, it's not my business...I was only wondering because she seemed so sickly and very different at the end, and they said she was going to give a video deposition for the court before she died.  I worry that if she had say a brain tumor or probably even just was on medication, if the defense team would try to discredit her words somehow.  That would be so incredibly shitty, but I could see it happeneing.

I wish the show hadn't ended so abruptly.  It would've been nice if they aired it after the verdict.

Edited by jenkait
  • Love 3

I wish they would have waited to air this until after the verdict as well.

I found myself thinking what on EARTH does that blonde chick who married him feel like knowing he is on trial for murder....but then I also pictured her at home on Saturday night watching this episode. I can't imagine what that would feel like knowing that all your friends and coworkers were watching you at your wedding with a guy who had only recently been with this other chick who is now missing, and being featured in an episode of 48 Hours.

I felt really bad for the girl's sister- and that whole family - I am glad the sister was able to give a deposition.

• Love 3

I wish they would have waited to air this until after the verdict as well.

I found myself thinking what on EARTH does that blonde chick who married him feel like knowing he is on trial for murder....but then I also pictured her at home on Saturday night watching this episode. I can't imagine what that would feel like knowing that all your friends and coworkers were watching you at your wedding with a guy who had only recently been with this other chick who is now missing, and being featured in an episode of 48 Hours.

Not only did he just leave his wife behind (dead) 2 weeks ago, but in between poor Wife #1 and Wife #2 there was another woman!  What did anyone see in this guy to begin with?  He's OK looking but he doesn't seem to be a real go-getter or charismatic guy.  He's a moocher living off Wife #2's success.  He doesn't contribute anything to the marriage except filling up the walk-in closet with hideous golf apparel.

• Love 2

This was heart wrenching in so many ways, the loss this family suffered was so great.  I cried and then when they wrote at the end she had died I cried more.  That family was tight.

The other thing that struck me was how many crimes have happened in Panama by American ex-pats.  They probably want us to get the hell out of there.

• Love 3

Somehow I missed this on the first run and just saw it tonight.  Oh, I was so very unprepared to find out Michelle, who was so full of life, had cancer, then see how she had deteriorated, then find out she died.  Man, these stories are all sad, but this one was so extra sad.

This disgusting guy reminded me so much of Scott Peterson, right down to all the golf playing.  What a piece of garbage he is, and his wife is apparently book smart with no common sense whatsoever.  The odds of 2 American psychopaths renting and committing murders in the same house in Panama are a lot better than I ever would have guessed.

Here's something I would like to know:  Whose purse, medication and passport did the searchers find in the swamp while they were searching for poor Yvonne (and her dog - good lord, even a dog got murdered, I cannot take this)?  It was edited almost like everyone went eh, and tossed the stuff back down because it didn't belong to Yvonne, but I hope in actuality it was all gathered up and taken as evidence to look into, because surely it had to be related to another terrible crime. 

• Love 1