Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E22: 9 Finalists Perform

• Start Topic

J Lo must have put in her contract that the producers must include X minutes of her reacting to performances each episode because my LORD did they keep cutting to her. Can I watch the person who is actually singing, please?

Majesty was soooo out of tune, and this is a recurring problem for her. I want to like her because she's super cute and I dig her song choices and performance style but I can't get behind the pitch problems.

Jessica's voice gets more and more nasal every week and when she said she's never HEARD the song "Rhiannon," I immediately dismissed her. What female musician hasn't heard that song before?

Alex is stil my favorite, but I think the judges are bored with him. As Sarah said in her post, if they want to get the performers to try different styles, they need to be stricter with the themes.

• Love 1

What the heck happened to the audio in that opening? Given the decent song choices for that medley, I thought it was going to kill. It was awful except for a couple of bars, imo.

The themes have been so broad this season I'm not sure why they bother to have them. The themes kind of lost all meaning once it became common practice to cover a cover of a song that was already done in your genre anyway.

The theme this week might as well have been officially called "We Give Up" because moving the band from the side of the stage ot the center of the stage being the theme? Weakest of the weak sauce. Do the 70s, do bluegrass, DO SOMETHING to encourage these kids to break out of their familiar zones that the "themes" constantly encourage them to stay inside.

I think even that giant gummy bear had something in its contract about constantly cutting to it. We saw more of J Lo and the gummy bear than we did of all the first hour's performers.

Great endnotes from Sarah, as ever, but talking about Ryan's feet as flippers really slayed me. Well played.

• Love 1
The themes have been so broad this season I'm not sure why they bother to have them. The themes kind of lost all meaning once it became common practice to cover a cover of a song that was already done in your genre anyway.

And let's not forget the Movie Songs theme where you get to choose a song that from any time period, in any genre, that just happened to be used in a movie. 

The theme this week might as well have been officially called "We Give Up" because moving the band from the side of the stage ot the center of the stage being the theme? Weakest of the weak sauce.

I think Caleb and Jena were the only ones that had the right idea.  It was like last season when they tried to shake it up with a Rock and Roll theme and brought in Orianthe only to have the vast majority of the kids pick rock ballads. 

Edited by Shannon L.

Aw, I liked Alex's performance a lot!  I thought that was such a great version of "Don't Speak" and imagined it would be jumping off of the iTunes charts . . .  and then the judges totally panned him for it.

I managed to get votes in for Alex and Sam before falling asleep.  I didn't get to see Caleb's performance until today though.  Man, he killed it!! This guy is totally winning, right?

My first post here.  So long TWOP :(  Excited to be here though.

• Love 1

J Lo dancing and shimmying during Caleb's performance really just made my jaw drop. I feel fairly confident she cannot name a single Zeppelin song, so what was up with her.

• Love 1

Keith's head bop is hilarious and if JLO wants to dance she picked the wrong show.  I like how Harry is seriously listening to the performances.  JLO gets an Emmy for her portrayal of attempting to look earnest at least.  

Next week singing their audition songs..these are the lamest themes.  

Keith's head bop is hilarious and if JLO wants to dance she picked the wrong show.  I like how Harry is seriously listening to the performances.  JLO gets an Emmy for her portrayal of attempting to look earnest at least.  

Next week singing their audition songs..these are the lamest themes.  

Just when I think the show can't get any worse, they find a way to prove me wrong.  :(

• Love 1

Ohhh man. This show is consistently getting worse. I actually like the judges this season though, so I'm mainly watching it for Harry, and Keith's impressions of Harry. Oh and Jlo always looks beautiful, and I like how she shakes her head when she gets really into a song.

Almost all of these singers have pitch problems and shaky voices. I think CJ did the best this week out of all his performances, Jessica is extremely nasally, and I love Jena but I'm hoping she'll actually do a ballad or a soft rock song next time instead of upbeat pop hits, since her voice is mature and kind of reminds me of Four Non Blonde's "What's Up."