Type keyword(s) to search

Pre-Season 4 Favorite House Rankings?

• Start Topic

POLL CLOSED

64 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite House in Game of Thrones?

• Stark
    • Lannister
    • Baratheon
    • Tyrell
    • Tully
    • Arryn
    • Martell
    • Greyjoy
    • Targaryen

One of the things I love about this series is how the perception of each of the families changes as it progresses. I was curious to see what team everyone is on at the start of Season 4 to win the whole shebang. 

I'm also curious to see if the standings change by the end of the fourth season. Lots of things happen that might cause people to switch allegiances. 

(Book readers might try to vote based on where their mindset was midway through book 3)

I mean, it's probably going to be Starks forever for me, because you can't compete against the combined greatness of Jon and Arya, and I am really attached to Sansa and Bran (and Rickon, though that's just because he's so tiny and cute). I don't hate any Starks, so that helps too. My love for Tyrion and Jaime isn't enough to overcome my hate for Joffrey and Cersei, for example.

There were instructions? I picked Stark because I thought you were looking for favorite as in which I like most, not which I think will end up on top. I'd have to go with "none of the above" for the ultimate "winner."

I didn't see instructions either. While I want the Starks or Targs to "win", the Lannisters are always the most entertaining. Tywin, Tyrion, Cersei Jaime and Joffrey are always doing something interesting, so I voted for them. Seven save me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess I could have been more clear. I was thinking like "I want this house to be on the iron throne at the end of the series" and unfortunately I don't have the power to edit votes. I approve of the Martell vote though. They're so saucy.

There were instructions? I picked Stark because I thought you were looking for favorite as in which I like most, not which I think will end up on top. I'd have to go with "none of the above" for the ultimate "winner."

Should I add another option? Varys? Littlefinger? Hodor!?

Edited by jellysalmon
  • Love 1

I'm not convinced Martin has an ultimate ending in mind yet & the show might go their own way anyhow, but I'm leaning towards none of the current houses sitting the throne in the end. But I'll stick with Stark for who I'd like to get it if anyone did. If Jon or Sansa could sit the throne & be considered a Stark anyway. There's other factors coming up in future seasons that might would change my vote, but as of end of season 3, I'd go with Stark.

Agree with you Independent George, the Lannisters are endlessly entertaining, but I am always drawn to the evil characters.  That said, I will always have a soft spot for what is left of the Starks, still rooting for them. Queen Arya?

I'm glad that there are some non-Stark and Lannister votes. The other houses have lots of appeal and GRRM has made the more neutral and secondary parties appealing in their own way. Except for the Arryns. They're the Hufflepuffs of Westeros.

However, I voted Tyrell because I love Margaery. She's got the charm of Princess Diana and the political savvy of Queen Elizabeth. 

The Lannisters are definitely more entertaining, but wouldn't want to be ruled by any of them. Book Sansa didn't do much for me, but show Sansa could be a good ruler I think and Jon as well......maybe Bran, which is why I picked them. Arya is my favorite character, but I definitely would not want her on the throne.

I do love the Starks, but guessed they'd get all the votes, so I went for Baratheon instead.  Come on - one house and three kings?  Grammar persnickitiness?  Davos?  Shireen? 

Can't stand the Arryns, and the language I use when discussing the Greyjoys is likely not allowed on the forums.

Garlan Tyrell seems nice - and Willas sounded nice.

+1 for the Tyrells. They just have the right mix. The Starks are nice, but naive, the Lannisters sure are entertaining, but mostly unsympathetic and not even all that smart, the remaining Baratheon may be just, but lacks charisma and while Dany is fine, the other Targaryens were pretty insane.

My dark horse would be Littlefinger, but he needs to build a House first...

• Love 1

I have to say, re the Lannisters, that the 'musical chairs' scene was one of the funniest and most beautifully-choreographed scenes I've every seen on tv.  And all without a word being spoken! 

^The Game of Chairs scene is one the most memorable of s03 ;)

Lannisters -- they are the salt of the show. I suppose very few are indifferent to or bored by any of them.

Defenestration aside, I like Jaime, especially since the camp prison scene with Cat -- "So many oaths" speech. As much as the Starks are the most righteous ones they are sometimes self-righteous, and Jaime calls them out a few times. Finally his confrontations with Brienne make him really interesting.