Type keyword(s) to search

"The Colbert Report": Week of 11/10/14

11/10/14 ANDY COHEN - Author, “The Andy Cohen Diaries: A Deep Look at a Shallow Year”
11/11/14 DIANE VON FURSTENBERG - Author, “The Woman I Wanted to Be”
11/12/14 TERENCE TAO - Professor at the Department of Mathematics, UCLA
11/13/14 JENNIFER LAWRENCE - Film, “Mockingjay-Part 1”

• Love 1

Republicans won't have to worry if they have to govern. They haven't done that in a long, long time. They'll just rule like a oligarchy and hope the public doesn't catch on to them.

I've already thrown up in my mouth a little at the thought of Doritos flavoured Mountain Dew. I'd much prefer the Milky Way nasal spray.

• Love 1

Dewitos sounds incredibly gross. It really should be a joke.

I truly am scared about my health insurance which I got thru the ACA. With the Supreme Court case and the Republicans vowing to dismantle it, I'll be back to paying thru the nose.

• Love 3

I've been scoffing at all the talking heads pouting "Now the GOP has to govern!" when clearly, they don't. In the past 6 years, they have paid no electoral price for doing nothing, and they still get to whine about how bad Obama is. Why would they change what's a winning strategy now? I was therefore very happy with The WØRD's "yes we can kick the can" bullet.

I find Andy Cohen grating and exhausting.

• Love 3

I've been scoffing at all the talking heads pouting "Now the GOP has to govern!" when clearly, they don't. In the past 6 years, they have paid no electoral price for doing nothing, and they still get to whine about how bad Obama is. Why would they change what's a winning strategy now? I was therefore very happy with The WØRD's "yes we can kick the can" bullet.

I find Andy Cohen grating and exhausting.

My favorite part of the Word was "First ladies-man Bill".  I think if Hillary is elected, that name is going to stick.

So true about Andy Cohen.  I want his ho-wives franchise and his career to go down in flames.

• Love 1

I do wish that Obama would stop chewing gum in public.

I wish the media would start reporting news instead of going apeshit over ridiculous innocuous things like President Obama chewing gum.

• Love 6

Aren't they saying it's Nicorette? In any case, although I agree that the media and various commentators make a big a deal out of it, I think it's inappropriate no matter what kind of gum it is. You don't chew gum in a business meeting unless you work for Google, and I don't think you should chew gum when meeting Heads of State. Perhaps he simply forgot he was chewing when he got out of the car.

The local media really needs to do a better job of combing & exposing the internet/youtube for crazy stuff like that state legislator who thinks everybody he hates is infested with demons.  Maybe fewer people like him would get into office. 

• Love 1

The local media really needs to do a better job of combing & exposing the internet/youtube for crazy stuff like that state legislator who thinks everybody he hates is infested with demons.  Maybe fewer people like him would get into office. 

He is one of four representatives for Colorado Springs. From Wikipedia:

Although houses of worship of almost every major world religion can be found in the city, Colorado Springs has in particular attracted a large influx of Evangelical Christians and Christian organizations in recent years. At one time Colorado Springs was counted to be the national headquarters for 81 different religious organizations, earning the city the tongue-in-cheek nicknames "the Evangelical Vatican"[63] and "The Christian Mecca."

I think people there voted for him because they are quite familiar with his brand of crazy.

The right is just relentless in trying to strip millions of Americans of their health care, the heartless fucks. There's no way, by how it's presented, that the Supreme Court would strike down Obamacare just because of a typo. But because of certain members on that court, all bets are off. Stephen took some excellent shots in that segment.

That new version of the Stars and Bars would be an actual improvement.

Jennifer Lawerence is delightful.

• Love 2

Stephen was so sharp last night. I loved the scathing criticism of the Republicans, the slow dance, the debunking via informed interview... Last night was a perfect example of everything I love about this show. Plus, he makes celebrity interviews bearable.

Only sixteen more shows. Fuck.

• Love 2