Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Sweet Home Alabama

It was good but I have a few thoughts. Jay it might be a good idea to consult your wife before promising to buy your mom a house. My heart ached for Christy I wanted to give her a hug. Ron Gibson is a hypocrite. He wants other people to do the right thing and then he snubs the Haddons, I'm Catholic and it's a huge honor to be asked to be a godparent. I don't blame Dietrick for being upset.

I couldn't understand why he even asked Ron and Lavette - since WHEN have they EVER been that "close"? And I don't believe his "excuse" of being too busy....He just didn't wanna do it cuz he knows there would be some sort of conflict down the road....He said something about not sharing the same "morals" or some other shit about raising the kids...

• Love 2

Exactly.  Gibson doesn't want to be associated with the Haddons because he's judgmental and hincty and thinks his version of the Gospel is the only one worth preaching and following.  I think he doesn't want to be the godfather of a child conceived out of wedlock which is what he meant by all that "we need to share the same values and morals" foolishness.  I think he's a nasty piece of work hiding behind the cloth.  He took that gangster attitude and tried to dress it up in the pulpit but he's a bully.  Old Whispers knockoff looking ass.

• Love 5

Exactly.  Gibson doesn't want to be associated with the Haddons because he's judgmental and hincty and thinks his version of the Gospel is the only one worth preaching and following.  I think he doesn't want to be the godfather of a child conceived out of wedlock which is what he meant by all that "we need to share the same values and morals" foolishness.  I think he's a nasty piece of work hiding behind the cloth.  He took that gangster attitude and tried to dress it up in the pulpit but he's a bully.  Old Whispers knockoff looking ass.

I figured that's why Gibson refused to be that baby's godfather.  That's a shame because I'm sure Lavette wanted to accept the honor, but she knew her hubby wouldn't go for it.   Gibson will probably split his wig once he finds out that Noel and Loretta are the godparents!

• Love 1

My heart ached for Christy I wanted to give her a hug

Yes, she seems to be in a lot of pain regarding their treatment of her mother before she died. I don't know how she can totally blame Jay though if she went along with his plans.  There is a whole back story there that I would love to know more about.  Were they both on drugs, and relied on Christy's mom when times were bad?  Christy kept talking about how her mom was there for them when Jay's mom was not.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1

Yes, she seems to be in a lot of pain regarding their treatment of her mother before she died. I don't know how she can totally blame Jay though if she went along with his plans.  There is a whole back story there that I would love to know more about.  Were they both on drugs, and relied on Christy's mom when times were bad?  Christy kept talking about how her mom was there for them when Jay's mom was not.

Lack of proper context and foundation for storylines is my main complaint about this show. It is glaringly obvious they are giving you 20% of the story with no background information and it causes the storylines to fall flat.

All they would need to do is voiceover a few lines about the relationship with Christy's mom to give context for the current situation.

Ron's storyline with his sister and her family along with Wayne's conflict with his brother and mother are two other examples. Why is it that Ron's niece and her kids were struggling so hard when Ron seemingly could have intervened BEFORE cameras were involved? What was the family dynamic that produced the tension between Wayne and his brother because it seemed that it went deeper than just the one incident presented on screen?

It appears they are all trying to cover their true histories in order to present the most sympathetic aspects to the viewer. But, what it really does is make them seem shady and like they have something to hide. If you want privacy, that's fine. Just don't do a reality tv show and pretend to use your real life for storylines.

• Love 4

Which is also probably why S-curl man don't make a lot of appearances on this show (although next week should be a real DOOZY!!)...He's got enough of a shitstorm of backstory himself that he don't want the rest of the world to know about....

• Love 5

Which is also probably why S-curl man don't make a lot of appearances on this show (although next week should be a real DOOZY!!)...He's got enough of a shitstorm of backstory himself that he don't want the rest of the world to know about....

Yeah, he is just a disaster.

I am just so puzzled by the phenomenon of those you would think have the most to hide going on national television and calling attention to themselves. I hadn't really thought about S-curl in the years since he claimed "the Lord" revealed his true wife to him while still married to his 1st wife and accused his denomination of racism when they told him to sit down and submit to counsel/discipline and started his own "ministry".

Why go on television with your new family and remind people what a tool you are; especially in the age of the internet?

I also know that if I worked for the IRS, I would have a storied career based on investigating reality "stars". More than the Giudices would be doing time on my watch.

• Love 5

I'm only sad because when Domonique brought it up at the sip n' see, LaVette seemed so excited to be the godmother. I don't know whether she agrees with Ron or just doesn't want to cross him, but she will miss the opportunity to be in that child's life (which she seemed to regret a little when she mentioned they never had kids). And since it seems Ron ignored his niece and her family until now, I wonder if she had a chance to be in their lives with any regularity. For LaVette's sake, it was sad that they turned down the Haddons. But maybe she agreed with him...she certainly did about Loretta.

Gibson will probably split his wig once he finds out that Noel and Loretta are the godparents!

lol, At the same time I think Gibson is probably concluding that their morals and values are all aligned with one another.

I'm only sad because when Domonique brought it up at the sip n' see, LaVette seemed so excited to be the godmother

Yes, I think Lavette would be great and her instinct is to be gracious.  But I also imagine that she is constantly asked to be a godmother.

Edited by SpringTulips

It was good but I have a few thoughts. Jay it might be a good idea to consult your wife before promising to buy your mom a house. My heart ached for Christy I wanted to give her a hug. Ron Gibson is a hypocrite. He wants other people to do the right thing and then he snubs the Haddons, I'm Catholic and it's a huge honor to be asked to be a godparent. I don't blame Dietrick for being upset.

There really is no protestant godparent tradition, so if I was asked, I'd probably say "what???".  It really made no sense for Deitrick to ask the Gibsons, anyway, since they aren't friends.  That was just Dietrick showboating so he could whine about judgemental people, AGAIN. 

• Love 2