Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Halloween 3: AwesomeLand

Another episode where there was no interaction of the families.  IMO those are what make the episodes good.

I agree completely. My favorite episode is "The Kiss" and that one has a great family gathering scene at the end. The Hawaii episodes are among my favorites too (and I usually don't like it when shows go "on location"). The show is called Modern Family for Pete's sake, not Modern Families. 

• Love 1

But she was Fiona as non-ogre.

I haven't seen the Shrek sequels, but didn't Fiona become an ogre permanently, and realize that it was her true form?

Dressing up as the former Fiona seems kind of shallow.

• Love 1

Seriously?  I watched The Middle last night for the first time in a while, and holy cow was it bad.

I know people on this forum are really down on Modern Family, perhaps because it isn't what it was a few years ago - or isn't as fresh - but it's still better than most network comedies.  The Middle and Modern Family started the same year and from my periodic viewings of The Middle it has always been lame.

The Middle, even at its worst, has never sent me into a murderous rage as Phil & Cam started to do towards the end of season two. They are both so whiney and selfish, that I just couldn't take it anymore. I just wish that kangaroo that punch Phil last season had punched Cam too.

I simply fly into a murderous rage every time I hear that "Clifford the Big Red Dog"-like music they use during "The Middle"...  I have never recovered from that that kids show when my twins were like four...

This was the worst Halloween episode they have done to date and just another poorly written episode in a season of crappy episodes (thus far).

I didn't care for this episode, but I have liked this season better than the last few. Everyone is growing up/moving forward in their lives, sometimes against their will. I like the dynamics this creates.  The one part that made no sense to me was that Luke would know who Temple Grandin was or about the hug box. Seems out of character for him.

I was so hoping that Phil's awesome land was going to turn out unintentionally more terrifying than their usual haunted house routine

That would have been awesome.

I agree. I liked the joke, but I couldn't buy Luke saying that.

Maybe we're supposed to gather that there are unsuspected depths to Luke's character? There have been hints of this before--after a season or two in which he seemed to be a functional moron, we got glimpses that he might really be smart in a highly individual way. We know the actor is a genius IRL. Maybe we're meant to think Luke has an intellectual life even his family doesn't know about.