Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Thanks For The Memories

......I have a special holder that sharpens it each time I remove it. Saves me a lot of work. Just look up machete holders/sharpeners in Google.

Google, Smoogle.....

eBay.....?????

There's a sharpener in the trailer in the left hand cabinet. It was Nick's great great grandfather's.

If he wasn't such a slacker, he'd be using it regularly.

Edited by Syme

Plot hole, I think.....[rewatch!]

The Steinadler Feeb {did not catch her name....) was interrogating Trubel at some point, wasn't she?

And she didn't freak and woge when she sees it's a Grimm??

She did.  She was reading the book and suddenly realized that OMG, this is the home of Grimm!  This caused her to have the "strong emotional reaction but invisible to humans" woge.  It's sort of like she was sitting in chair, looking at a weird design on one of the arms and realizing it was a tattoo, which meant the chair she's sitting in was upholstered in human skin. 

To most Wesen, Grimms are basically serial killers.  This FBI Steinadler has, from her perspective, stumbled upon a couple of serial killers.  What's worse is that she can't legally go after them because Trubel, from the evidence, acted in self-defense.  However, she's probably going to be all over Nick trying to find proof to put him and his "sick sidekick" away in jail.

I noticed the Juliette kept touching a stroking Trubel and thought it was a bit odd.  Then I realized that Juliette was doing that because that's how she calms nervous animals.

• Love 2

The Steinadler Feeb {did not catch her name....) was interrogating Trubel at some point, wasn't she?

And she didn't freak and woge when she sees it's a Grimm??

She wasn't the one doing the interrogation, it was two other officers while she watched with her FBI partner through the two-way mirror. She definitely did know she (or someone in that house) was a Grimm though, because of the books.

Though by this point, you'd think these two would have a crime scene cleanup company on speed dial, and maybe a frequent customer punch card.

Just two more for a free throw rug!

I don't want to lose Capt. Renard - shirted or shirtless he's damn fine eyecandy.  But, you realize that this is just opening the door for his Evil Twin!  The one whose hexenbiest crumply mouth goes on the right side.

We can always hope for a cross over with Brooklyn 99 where they send Terry Crews to Portland and he and the Captain somehow get all shirtless and fight crimes.

• Love 2

I don't want to lose Capt. Renard - shirted or shirtless he's damn fine eyecandy.  But, you realize that this is just opening the door for his Evil Twin!  The one whose hexenbiest crumply mouth goes on the right side.

The one we think was blown up?

I watch a very strange show called the People's Couch which is about people watching TV.  One of the shows the people watched on the last episode, was this one.  I guess most of them had never seen Grimm before.  One couch is three male gay friends who had the following exchange:

Scott on "woge-ing": "He goped?"
<
Emerson: "I dunno, I heard vogued."

Emerson: "I don’t think Hallmark has any cards for 'I’m sorry I slept with a demon that looks just like you.'"

And then they all started doing Voguing hands....

• Love 3

So, this is probably nothing, but there has been a lot of off-handed speculation on these boards as to whether or not Trubel and Nick are somehow related. I kind of hope they're not, because I have a thing for families of choice, but I re-watched this episode the other day and noticed an interesting detail that I missed before. When they're moving the trailer, Trubel asks Nick how many times he's had to move it. Nick responds that he's personally moved it twice, but that it came all the way from New York with his Aunt Marie.

New York is listed as Trubel's place of birth in her police file.

Coincidence? Probably. Fuel for conspiracy theorists? Almost certainly. I don't recall enough of Nick's family history to connect any dots, so I will just leave this here and you can make of it what you will.

I really hope, but know there's always the possibility I'll be proven wrong, that the writers knew that with this sort of cousin-Oliver-esque situation there'd be rampant speculation that ooooh they're actually related, and I thought at the time diffused it quite nicely by having Teresa flat out ask Nick if it meant they were and he replied probably distant cousins of some sort. I have been hoping since that moment that was basically the end of it and there won't be some bigger reveal later, since basically, not going there is substantially less cliche. It's a very easy route to go that they've developed this pseudo fraternal/paternal thing from Nick with her and to do some sort of tadaaa reveal that they're actually much closer relatives than they thought, and to give the feral child batted about in the system a real-life-blood-relative who she already developed this comfortable relationship is just so so trite for me. So if they're going to have the character at all, I strongly prefer they not do that plot. I mean, New York's super populous. Plus I got the impression his Aunt Marie moved around a lot with it. So its coming from NY with her just means at some point she was there and it was the last place before going to Portland.

This is what I am hoping as well! I figured his comment about being related maybe somewhere way down the line was going to be the end of it. But given the writing on this show, well, they don't always err on the side of subtlety. Hopefully it was a throw-away detail that means nothing, and their relationship can continue to grow on its real foundation, rather than some hackneyed "Gasp! Someone had a secret love child!" revelation. I suppose time will tell!