Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Week Four in Utopia - B

Incredibly boring episode.

Weird, two guys paid $200  to hang out with Josh, and they had to cut it short for a meeting?  If they're gong to auction off "dates"  they need to treat the winners a little better than that. 

Kristen is an idiot.  Capitalism isn't a form of government, it's a system of economy.  They still need structure as to rules and responsibilities.    And, Josh is doing most of the labor, building things,  now he has Ernesto helping him.  But because it's not a "business"  that sells to the outside world, they get less income?  How does that make sense?  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

I think this show lost it's premis day one with the casting of these characters. By being so focused on ratings they ended up with a couple of bonified nut jobs and mentally unstable's that turned boring and hard to watch pretty quick. On top of just a few horny people that just wanted to lay around screwing. BORING! I have no idea where this Ernesto guy came from, maybe that is the week I just lost all interest and was not paying attention, but ya know? They could of had a damn good show if they did stick with then initial idea of 'utopia' . I don't know the meaning ( I will look that up in a min.). but this is NOT it! This is just a bunch of assholes living in a 'camp out' type. setting. I thought it was pretty much going back in time, creating your own little community without modern day conveniences. Why do they have a cell phone! Why do they have a stove refrig etc? GOD it's more than camping , it's STUPID!

• Love 3

Meanwhile, Mike takes polyamory for a test-drive by sneaking off to make out with a girl. Mike has previously voiced doubts about polyamory, but Dedeker approves of Mike getting a little strange.

From the recap - somehow I missed this and any discussion of it on the live feed recap.  Can someone tell me what happened or point me in the right direction?

From the recap - somehow I missed this and any discussion of it on the live feed recap.  Can someone tell me what happened or point me in the right direction?

It was on the show.   One of the female visitors was interested in Mike, they took a walk, and they sat outside talking and kissing.  I was confused by it at first, because my attention wandered and I thought it was Dedeker he was with -  the girl was the same type, thin with long hair. 

When Mike told Dedeker about it, she was excited, asked if they had hooked up. Her attitude was "Hooray!"  Mike was confused by the visitor being ok with him being with Dedeker, and Dedeker being all happy that he kissed the visitor.   

I stopped watching this two weeks ago, but peeked in here just in case it had gotten good. Thanks for the great posts showing it's still a mess. Not a bad concept if it had been done right, but there's just too much preconceived ideas about what makes "good reality show drama" (nutcases and conflict).

I've noticed Fox isn't promoting the show as aggressively as they used to. I watch football on Sundays and during games on Fox I noticed there are no more promos for Utopia. I remember in Week 1 of the NFL season they were promoting the heck out of it on Fox and that's why I decided to tune in. Now I haven't seen a single commercial for Utopia.

• Love 1