Type keyword(s) to search

Contestants: Kids Running With Scissors

So...any guesses how far we'll get into the first episode before some parent refers to his or her child as a diva?

I really don't want to watch this. But I know I will. Another show with a bunch of precocious children who have been raised to be self-involved, rude, and entitled, and a bunch of parents who have abandoned all authority and common sense, in the hope of building a "career" for their brilliant little prodigies. Is there any chance there will be at least one parent who will say that school comes first, and mean it?

• Love 2

It's kind of hard to tell from the previews, but I already spotted a couple of garments I liked better than anything I've seen this seen on the regular Project Runway (at least, well enough that I'd like to see it in more detail). Yeah, the young people are going to be precocious and possibly annoying (one I can already see is going to be hard to take in too big of doses) but, if they have the talent to back up their words, I'll probably watch anyway.   If this is anything like the youngsters who participate in the cooking shows, they usually are high achievers who actually do well in school as well actively pursuing their current dreams.  The problem is not usually with the teens and tweens (as Project Runway refers to them) but in parents who leap to think their child is a genius.  I have a friend whose daughter has written a couple of short stories, and the mother has already got, in her mind, her child being a world famous novelist and screenwriter.  Maybe the daughter is great; I don't know, but I also wrote short stories when I was that age and I can guarantee greatness and fame was not in the cards for me (on the other hand, my mother never thought I was hot stuff either so let's blame my lack of success on her, shall we?).  Anyway, I'll probably watch at least one episode just for the change of pace.  I can't resist a little guy in a bow tie, what can I say?

• Love 2

They ran a preview for this show during Project Runway, & so far, I am not impressed. The kids parents were their assistants, & that is not good. I set up a series recording, but if the first episode isn't good, I'm done after that.

• Love 1

They ran a preview for this show during Project Runway, & so far, I am not impressed. The kids parents were their assistants, & that is not good. I set up a series recording, but if the first episode isn't good, I'm done after that.

Yeah, that preview was ghastly. I do not want to see a show focused on kid/parent bickering.

No. Kids. Stretching the Project Runway theme too far. Let kids be kids. Cannot watch.

I just do not want to see more ego-driven contestants who cannot modestly participate and let someone else say how great they are. Especially do not want to hear it from kids. Just can't do this one.

And if the premise is to showcase kids and their designs then they need to allow these kids the freedom to do what a kid would do. As an children's art instructor I find that young artists (which includes all children) are over the top magical in their interpretations of creativity. I do not see that with this show. It seems as if they are pounding them into mini no talent adults they have on the big people show of PR.

And maybe it is just me but that little guy last night? He was so androgynous it was disturbing. Seems like if he ever decided to become a serial killer he'd be the worst of the worst. Not that he was nasty but just so not defined... (shudder).