Type keyword(s) to search

"The Daily Show": Week of 10/6/14

Here is the full version of that bullshit "abusive boyfriend" ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JGXA-BGPLE

I love how it so transparently reveals what the GOP thinks of what (single) women want. "Free birth control," yes. White knight savior, yes. Healthcare, no. Equality, no. Thinking for ourselves, no. Control of our own bodies, who the what now? 

Glad to see you back, Jon. The extended interview with Panetta was quite good (and funnier than I expected).

• Love 2

I'm surprised the ad still bashed the ACA. No one's been bitching about that for a while. Not being sarcastic, but everything that was complained about pretty much didn't happen. 

• Love 1

It did negatively impact the healthcare packages of some people that I know and, thanks generally to red states like mine refusing to expand Medicaid, some low-income people who might have otherwise benefited from the ACA have been unable to afford the premiums. The GOP, of course, refuses their own culpability in this matter and generalized anecdotes about insurance changes to portray it as a major epidemic unlike any evil the US has ever faced.

• Love 1

The extended interview with Panetta was quite good (and funnier than I expected).

Good to know, because what we were shown was of little substance. I didn't get much from Panetta beyond platitudes and Jon did most of the talking.

Well, these condescending ads directed at women must be working, because Republicans are poised to take the Senate as well as keep the House.

Its just amazing to me that some people are so bamboozled by those ads.  I mean really, comparing a candidate to a wedding dress?  WTF?!

People say the Dems have just as many rich donators as the Reps do, so how come I never see any Dem ads?  I just read today that the Dems were pulling ads on a couple of local candidates trying for either an open seat or to oust a presumed weak Republican incumbent, because they are essentially conceding those seats and are putting the money instead to "save" other Dem incumbents that are "suddenly" at risk.  I just don't get it.  I swear the Dems lose because all they play is defense, they never play offense.

• Love 2

Jon was hilarious and spot on about everything that slimy, ungrateful weasel Hank Greenberg was for suing the government. And generous, because anyone of us would have probably gone full out Bolton on that piece of shit.

Good to see Al back, and in a big way. His sex act with the churros was funny, but it was no Stephen deepthroating a banana.

• Love 2

I liked the comparison to consumers and credit cards. Fuck off, Hank Greenberg, you sleazebag. It's probably too much to ask that his case be not only immediately thrown out of court but also fined for being a nuisance lawsuit.

Jeremy Renner looked very dapper. I like it when people make a bit of sartorial effort when they appear on the show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I love it when unexpected things happen. This week has been full of unexpected moments, big and small: from Jon getting sick, to Kristen making Jon crack up, to the lamp turning on last night and Al almost feeding Jon one of the churros. The coverage of AIG was hilarious and perfect, the interview with Renner was great and much more informative than I expected it to be, everything has been on-point, but I have just really enjoyed all of the giggly human moments this week.

EDIT: Welcome back, Al and Kristen. You've been gone too long. Don't be strangers!

Edited by Fremde Frau
  • Love 2

The AIG story was hilarious all right, but depressing at the same time. How in the hell does something like that even make it to court? The colossal gall of Hank Greenberg is unbelievable.

So we've had Kristen Schall, Wyatt Cenac and Al Madrigal all this week - do any of them even work for TDS anymore? 

So we've had Kristen Schall, Wyatt Cenac and Al Madrigal all this week - do any of them even work for TDS anymore? 

Only Wyatt doesn't work for TDS. Al and Kristen are listed as correspondent and contributor respectively on the website.