Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E26: Power of Veto #8

• Start Topic

(edited)

1 week till Survivor 47 🎉

Chelsei didn’t fool me in the DR about Angie being the target and I was right. I feel like this season’s instigator because I’ve got what I wanted every week but 1 and that’s not normal. Hope that means Quinn is going home this week.

Angela trying to be cool 🙄 always fails. And her paranoia is again a bad read. But I have to give her credit for using this to get herself off the block every time they put her up. 

Otev looks like a raccoon not a panda. Lmao, 5/6 got the 1st question wrong. All of them gave their DR comment before the 1st question, which was telling. They were all taken out by a piece of Tucker trash 😂 Otev’s veto won in 1 round!

Left us hanging on the veto ceremony.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 3

Well . . . they certainly weren't kidding about this season's OTEV being historic.  Over in just one round.

Kudos to Makensy for catching the trick question.

But yes.  The OTEV raccoon was right.  They are "stupid fucks."

Uh-oh.  Paranoid Angela comes back.  But Chelsie and Makensy actually believe her observation this time?!  I . . . whoa.

So ultimately, Angela did engineer getting herself off the block?  Damn.

But who's going up?  Leah or Quinn?

I don't see the point to making this a cliffhanger.  It was just as pointless as when they did it with Christian's backdooring three seasons ago.

• Like 2

Good god; Angela finds 5 people coexisting in the BY - locked in the same House she is with nowhere else to go, no less - and THIS is proof positive they’re all aligned in a conspiracy against her…???

Yaknow, dear, just a suggestion - but there are some brands of decaffeinated coffee on the market which are just as tasty as the regular kind.

ANND - they won’t keep you up at night.

😉

• Like 4
  • LOL 14
29 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Good god; Angela finds 5 people coexisting in the BY - locked in the same House she is with nowhere else to go, no less - and THIS is proof positive they’re all aligned in a conspiracy against her…???

It got the latter events of the episode in motion, though, so that's something.

• Like 1
(edited)

Wow Mak went from 0 to 60 on the insufferable scale in the span of a single episode. I thought Curly headed Mak was acting super-cocky and then when she won the veto and was strutting and preening it  made me super dislike her. The cherry on top of course was with 30 minutes to go talking to Quinn to give him an out.

Did the producers take the day off and turn over assembling this episode to a Production Assistant? Only a rank amateur could be stupid enough to spend the last 10 minutes trying to build suspense if Quinn were going up but then interspersed those ten minutes with Diary Room confessionals where he is super chipper and cheerful the exact opposite you would be if he had indeed wound up on the block. Way to NOT build suspense so they basically wasted a cliffhanger.

Also it looks like they stuck the Cam tattoo segment in because the PA was reading message board comments about Cam being a complete cypher when he's not being furniture.

Lastly what the heck Rubina....you're my favorite but seriously....you were considering not saving your ride or die if you won veto. Makes no sense risking losing a number when you are only 3 to begin with.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 4

It's a sad, sad day when even the mechanical raccoon thinks you're an idiot.

Nighttime Angela is the best Angela. I was hoping for her to start punching at the ceiling and whisper "crazy eyes!" to the devils on her shoulder. Too bad the other HGs don't have anything to give her to relax her and calm her down. Like maybe a pot or two?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14
10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Also it looks like they stuck the Cam tattoo segment in because the PA was reading message board comments about Cam being a complete cypher when he's not being furniture.

I think that midway through the season, production has to look at who is left and who has a chance to win, and quickly craft some kind of narrative or backstory so we remember who the hell they are  (I remember they did this with Kaycee in BB 20).  Cam was wallpaper for the first 1/3 of the season, but he's still here and has as good a chance to win as Quinn, for example...Cam just doesn't screech his way through his DR's so he doesn't get as many confessionals or camera time.

All I could think of watching OTEV was the insane amount of work it probably took to transform the backyard into the show's most iconic competition, only for it to be over in less than 10 minutes.  Hahahahahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

All I could think of watching OTEV was the insane amount of work it probably took to transform the backyard into the show's most iconic competition, only for it to be over in less than 10 minutes.  

You weren’t the only one.  😄

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nothing much to say about the episode, although I completely agree production must've been pissed at how quickly OTEV was done. 

My main complaints are that I don't understand why editors feel the urge to cut to someone every time their name is mentioned, because it happens multiple times in an episode. Like, we KNOW who Angela is. You don't need to show her face every damn time, or flash through the members of "the five" every time HGs talk about them. We watch the show and retain basic information, thanks. 

The other gripe is the announcer. Holy crap, have you gone back and watched earlier episodes of BB to see the difference? He was so much calmer back then and now he sounds like he's high on cocaine. Dude, can you take it down about TEN FUCKING NOTCHES? I literally have to mute when he starts speaking because it sounds like what I imagine Monster Truck Rally announcers sound like when they're trying to be heard over engines revving and people shouting but...we're all just in our living rooms or whatever watching Big Brother. Calm the fuck down.

Edited by Ivana Tinkle
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

My main complaints are that I don't understand why editors feel the urge to cut to someone every time their name is mentioned, because it happens multiple times in an episode. Like, we KNOW who Angela is. You don't need to show her face every damn time, or flash through the members of "the five" every time HGs talk about them. We watch the show and retain basic information, thanks.

That's not to ID them to the audience.  That isn't the point of them at all.

They look for the weird and humorous clips of the house guests then edit them in when it fits in a funny way.  The point of these edits is to bring the humor. 

They are the funniest thing on the shows.  The nearest thing BB will ever come to an Emmy nomination are for those quick flashes of insane looks they edit in so cleverly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

The other gripe is the announcer. Holy crap, have you gone back and watched earlier episodes of BB to see the difference? He was so much calmer back then and now he sounds like he's high on cocaine. Dude, can you take it down about TEN FUCKING NOTCHES? I literally have to mute when he starts speaking because it sounds like what I imagine Monster Truck Rally announcers sound like when they're trying to be heard over engines revving and people shouting but...we're all just in our living rooms or whatever watching Big Brother. Calm the fuck down.

Don’t worry; I’m sure Clayton will have chilled out some between now and this coming THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY…!!!

• LOL 7
On 9/12/2024 at 11:59 AM, MsVulcan said:

The last thing paranoid Angela needs is "a pot". 🤣

Someone needs to clue in Angela on the wide world of vaping; a little Delta 8 might chill out some of her paranoia - AND, it’s legal.  😄