Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E14: Power of Veto #4

• Start Topic

I'm loving the competitions this season.  Nearly all of them are competitions that anyone can win.  That Veto Competition looked hard, but fun!

Thankfully, Tucker won, and just as thankfully, he used it.  Love that he tricked Quinn into thinking that he wouldn't.

• Like 11

I agree! This season with the 3 person nominations and different from normal competitions were a good addition. Tucker can be irritating to watch at times but he keeps my interest with all his shenanigans! 

Just now, Rodney said:

I'm loving the competitions this season.  Nearly all of them are competitions that anyone can win.  That Veto Competition looked hard, but fun!

Thankfully, Tucker won, and just as thankfully, he used it.  Love that he tricked Quinn into thinking that he wouldn't.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, stcroix said:

Tucker can be irritating to watch at times but he keeps my interest with all his shenanigans! 

I don't watch the live feeds, just the network episodes, so I have a question... Does Tucker always talk in the animated, drawn-out, mumble that he uses in the diary rooms?  I really like him as a person and a player.  But his affect when he talks directly to the camera is really grating.  It doesn't seem like he does it when communicating with the other house guests though.  Someone needs to tell him to stop with the diary room mugging!!!  

• Like 2

I'm glad Tucker won the veto to shake up Quinn and the pentagon's plan and wasn't surprised Rubina was still the replacement nominee. I agree that Tucker's constant mugging for the camera in the diary room is annoying as is Quinn's. They need to dial it down but I'm sure TPTB love the entertainment value.

I was going to say I hope the floaters start getting put up more but aside from Tucker, Angela, Makensy, Quinn and Cedric, no one else has really done anything. I hope the non-players start playing or being forced to play.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the veto competition BUT I wish Cedric hadn't been able to just copy McKenzie's pattern.  I like different challenges and that the houseguests have to strategize how to best compete.

• Like 5

The fake AI thing is just do dumb. I wondered how they would handle Quinn's virtual HoH and I'm guessing they made Angela stand there and name all the potential nominees then edited it down to the three that Quinn chose. But it took me right out of the gimmick the minute her image came up on the screen because my immediate thought was "Oh, production pulled Angela aside and directed her." 

Real AI is a thing. Fake AI is just stupid. Do they really think they're fooling anyone or do they not understand what AI actually is?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really enjoyed the veto competition BUT I wish Cedric hadn't been able to just copy McKenzie's pattern.  I like different challenges and that the houseguests have to strategize how to best compete.

I agree.  There should have been a wall/curtain between them.  But I've been saying that for years about Survivor puzzle challenges.  Absolutely HATE it when one person/team blatantly just copies the other.  Especially in the case where there are three teams, and one finishes first, and then the other two are just copying their answer in a race for 2nd place!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, cowgirlwen said:

I don't watch the live feeds, just the network episodes, so I have a question... Does Tucker always talk in the animated, drawn-out, mumble that he uses in the diary rooms?  I really like him as a person and a player.  But his affect when he talks directly to the camera is really grating.  It doesn't seem like he does it when communicating with the other house guests though.  Someone needs to tell him to stop with the diary room mugging!!!  

The producers make ALL the HG's mug and go over the top in the Diary Room.  NONE of them talk like this in their regular lives. 

I think Tucker is just kind of mocking production and having fun with their stupid directions and coaching by really going over the top.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I liked Cedric initially, but when he became HOH, his three choices were so cowardly, I had to roll my eyes.  He just chose people who had already been on the block--the previously wounded.  Then after the veto, he wussed out of his deal with Tucker and made the less offensive move, meeping about "MY GAME!"  It's not surprising that he would stand there and wait for someone else to take the risk on which steppingstone to try.

Now I just sit here waiting for him to go home and hating the way he wears his hat.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Does Tucker always talk in the animated, drawn-out, mumble that he uses in the diary rooms?  I really like him as a person and a player.  But his affect when he talks directly to the camera is really grating.  It doesn't seem like he does it when communicating with the other house guests though.  Someone needs to tell him to stop with the diary room mugging!!!  

He sometimes does that in the house, yes. He admitted he's playing a character. He's very similar to Quinn tbh.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Not a Cedric fan by any means - but given the HGs have to play the game in accordance with the conditions Production has laid out for them, how is observing your opponent’s missteps and using them to advance your own gameplay NOT a viable strategy?

If anything, my issue would be with Production for not taking steps to neutralize the copycat potential - but it’s entirely possible TPTB wanted that option in play, for their own reasons.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1