Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Smallfolk

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Damon showed fear when told he was going to die in harenhall and showed empathy when he helped his sick brother to his throne. So of the three, he's apparently the most sane.

The least likely to be a sociopath, maybe.  The most sane?  Uh . . .

Stone & McCoy - when faced by a defendant claiming insanity- need to prove that the defendant knew right from wrong when the crime was committed....

These 3 guys are sane

2 hours ago, millennium said:

I went away for a bit after I posted that and thought, "Uh oh, somebody's gonna call me out about the bullying."   And I forgot about the maid-raping.   So, okay.  

Don't forget about his love of the child fighting rings, which include some of his bastards as participants.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, baldryanr said:

Don't forget about his love of the child fighting rings, which include some of his bastards as participants.

It makes you wonder what (or who) Alicent was doing during all that time. Applying maggots to Vicerys?

12 hours ago, paigow said:

Aegon, Aemond and Daemon are sociopaths. Psychopaths are biologically incapable of feeling fear, empathy, etc...

These guys repress emotions so much that they appear psychotic... 

10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I don't think Aemond is a sociopath.  I think he's severely damaged by his childhood and is way past the point where he could be redeemed but I think he feels fear at the very least.  He just has trained himself not to show it.  We've also seen Aegon show fear but definitely not empathy.  Daemon, I'm not sure about.

Aemond showed even remorse that Luke was accidently killed.

But of course if you don't want such accidents happen, you don't begin to chase people with your car, I mean dragon.  

• Like 2
On 7/30/2024 at 2:40 PM, paigow said:

Aegon, Aemond and Daemon are sociopaths. Psychopaths are biologically incapable of feeling fear, empathy, etc...

These guys repress emotions so much that they appear psychotic... 

people in the APD spectrum—narcissists/sociopaths/psychopaths — feel all sorts of emotions. Including fear, sadness, depression, insecurity, happiness. 

aemond really feels sorry for himself. Life is unfair. He was hurt. It is real pain. poor boy. 

It never extends to empathy for others. He can say he’s sad about Luke, but still burned his brother on a whim. Not learning from what he has done. He can take from Mystarea (sp) but will not extend empathy or mercy.

He is almost certainly pretty high on the APD scale. The show is very thorough about showing true empathy and there is contrast. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/31/2024 at 3:17 AM, Roseanna said:

Aemond showed even remorse that Luke was accidently killed.

But of course if you don't want such accidents happen, you don't begin to chase people with your car, I mean dragon.  

Yep, he played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

On 8/1/2024 at 4:09 PM, Affogato said:

people in the APD spectrum—narcissists/sociopaths/psychopaths — feel all sorts of emotions. Including fear, sadness, depression, insecurity, happiness. 

aemond really feels sorry for himself. Life is unfair. He was hurt. It is real pain. poor boy. 

It never extends to empathy for others. He can say he’s sad about Luke, but still burned his brother on a whim. Not learning from what he has done. He can take from Mystarea (sp) but will not extend empathy or mercy.

He is almost certainly pretty high on the APD scale. The show is very thorough about showing true empathy and there is contrast. 

I disagree completely but you and I are never going to agree about Aemond.