Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Episode 5

• Start Topic

SHOW0057092650000111_1_thumbnail.jpeg

While the Lazarus team are trying to find their way back to 2012, Janet is already there working with Dr Gray, having been sent back against her will to fix the faulty time machine.

Premiere Date: July 7, 2024     TNT      9pm

It seems pretty far fetched that Dr Gray would accept Janet in to her group as quick as she did but whatever.  I don’t remember the show ever explaining Janet’s credentials as far as what attracted the Lazarus to recruit her like they did with Shiv and Archie.  

Dr. Gray’s motivation for time travel is to save someone she knew from cancer - I wonder how important this person is and what the real loss is.  Was this person kept from doing something important because they died?

Then the ending where Janet solved the black hole problem, I guess it fixes things in the present yet we still see the team traveling back.  I’ve been wondering what happened with the Chinese they were talking about at the end of last season, maybe the guy who used to work with Wes running the Lazarus Project got them involved.  Who knows. 

I'm getting to the point where I was with 12 Monkeys; they will just keep getting it almost solved until the network pulls the plug on the show. I think I bailed out around the end of the second season on that one and it went on for two more seasons after that, so this one probably has another season in it too. I'm just not interested in anymore lather-rinse-repeat time travel to almost save the world.

(edited)
5 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm getting to the point where I was with 12 Monkeys; they will just keep getting it almost solved until the network pulls the plug on the show. I think I bailed out around the end of the second season on that one and it went on for two more seasons after that, so this one probably has another season in it too. I'm just not interested in anymore lather-rinse-repeat time travel to almost save the world.

Responding to the bolded section: this is the second and final season; I guess it could have run it's course through three seasons, but I think two is just right.  I hope the show team was able to give it a proper wrap-up.

On another point (not sure it's worth creating a 'Cast in Other Roles' topic considering we only have three eps left), Vinette Robinson (Janet) was in a 2021 film called Boiling Point.  If you can find it, do.  It's brilliant.  Robinson won a BIFA (British Independent Film Award) for her performance.  It's set in a high-end London restaurant and takes place during one night.  The remarkable thing about it is that it was filmed in one take, all 92 minutes of it.  They filmed it four separate times -all were single-take- over two evenings in 2021 (the second of which is what was released); they intended to do eight separate single-take shoots to have more options for release version, but Covid regulations didn't allow for that.  Robinson said in an interview that she placed several copies of the script around the set -in cabinets or other places- so she & the rest of the cast could refer to them when the camera was away from them.  Nobody wanted to be the person to ruin a take.  Trailer.

Edited by fastiller
2 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Dr. Gray’s motivation for time travel is to save someone she knew from cancer - I wonder how important this person is and what the real loss is.  Was this person kept from doing something important because they died?

And therein lies the problem with altering the past.  What if, after having been saved from cancer, that person becomes infected with some loathsome and extremely communicable disease, and therefore becomes responsible for a new Black Death worldwide?  Or, somewhat less tragic, they buy the lotto ticket that you were going to buy and suddenly become richer by a factor of 10,000?

• Like 1

I dislike Janet, not sure why, but she always seems pissed off.

So this Janet centric episode was not my favorite. That said, the last quarter was pretty intense.