Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Destiny

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2024 at 4:42 PM, UnknownK said:

Do you really want Psychopaths with superman powers and mind control over the week willed (99% of the population) being trained by jihadi's, the mob, or petty dictators? It's not like the jedis are kidnapping random kids and turning them into child soldiers.

Hmmmm......I don't think it's an either-or situation, and obviously people without force powers can be horrible too, but I don't think making small children sever ties with their families forever is a healthy choice to force them or their families to make. And in this show it definitely felt like they were trying to manipulate Osha to choosing them, especially since they knew her mother was against it. I don't like their insistence that they have "the right" to test the kids since they clearly didn't. Would they have resorted to violence if the witches hadn't relented? I guess we'll never know. 

They are not always "the good guys" though - they did press children into military service during the Clone Wars. I think that was explored more on the Ahsoka flashback, and their treatment of Ahsoka was terrible. Yoda in particular was a terrible judge of character - this wise Jedi never realized in all those years who Palpatine was. He could sense something was off with Anakin, but he couldn't tell that the most powerful Sith ever was running the Republic???? It's as I said in my original post, the more shows they make, the worse these Jedi seem. 

• Like 2

The whole episode could have been titled 'Failure to communicate'. There are so many open questions that blaming one side or the other feels like jumping to conclusions. Why were the witches in hiding? Are they affiliated with the Nightsisters? Were the Jedi trying to recruit Osha because she was just another Force sensitive kid or were they trying to stop the witches to train her? Or both? (In that case they would have tried harder with Mae I think).

The actual episode title is quite ironic given that both sisters ended up right at the other end of what they (and others) considered their destiny.

As for the involvement of a third party - seems unlikely and yet, ever since Ahsoka aired we know that there's a another group of organized Force wielders. I wouldn't be surprised if we got answers about them in this show - Disney Star Wars loves big cross-over reveals.

I have to say that I found the “Mae’s fire killed them all” less than convincing.  There wasn’t a lot of smoke and the witches didn’t seem to have been burned.  Something else happened.

• Like 3
On 6/21/2024 at 1:31 AM, call me ishmael said:

I have to say that I found the “Mae’s fire killed them all” less than convincing.  There wasn’t a lot of smoke and the witches didn’t seem to have been burned.  Something else happened.

And how were the Jedi to blame exactly ? 

I didn't see anything that Indara or Torbin or Kelnacca did that merited a death sentence.

• Like 1

They showed at the end of the episode that Mae was all alone and scared. I can buy she blames the Jedi because had they never shown up, Osha wouldn't have gone with them, and she wouldn't have had to start the fire. 

We also don't know when the master found her, where she was, or what he said to win her over. 

5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I didn't see anything that Indara or Torbin or Kelnacca did that merited a death sentence.

I’m not sure that the Jedi did anything but i do think it’s odd that Jedi Jesus put himself in stasis for 10 years and thought Mae could give him absolution.  Jedi Wookie took off where no one would be able to contact him, and Sol  promised to tell Osha what really happened.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I’m pretty sure that’s the point. We saw primarily from Osha’s perspective and she believes Mae was responsible. We didn't see anything the Jedi did while everyone was dying making the why still a mystery. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
32 minutes ago, Makai said:

We didn't see anything the Jedi did while everyone was dying making the why still a mystery. 

Sol saved Osha inside the fortress... Was he invited in? Or was it breached... with Trinity killing everyone while he looked for Osha...

• Useful 1