Type keyword(s) to search

Perfect Wife: The Mysterious Disappearance of Sherri Papini

• Start Topic

Hulu 3-part documentary that premieres June 20 2024

Keith and Sherri Papini’s seemingly idyllic family life is shattered when Sherri vanishes from their northern California neighborhood, triggering a frenzied search that becomes news around the world. With unprecedented access to Sherri’s family and friends – as well as the investigators who struggled for six years to solve the mystery of her disappearance – this limited documentary series intimately explores the jaw-dropping revelations of a relationship that wasn’t what it seemed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

She is such a liar. I feel bad for her husband and kids. 

I wanted to know more about James the ex boyfriend. The police guy said there was no sex. I can't imagine branding somebody and the pain she went through to make herself look like she was harmed during her kidnapping.

• Like 5

I just finished this one. Putting Sherri aside for a second, it's wild how my opinion of her husband Keith changed from the beginning to the end. During the time she was missing, he came across as kind of odd, temperamental, performative, and domineering. By the end of the series, Keith seems to have been changed so much by what happened and who he really married. I think that he's still a little attention seeking (he did agree to this documentary after all), but he seems to be a good father to his children and like he's calmed down a lot and relaxed into who he is as a person now. What Sherri did to him and everyone who cared for her is unfathomable. Hopefully he and the kids are still getting therapy. 

Now to Sherri. What a piece of work. I truly don't understand what exactly is wrong with her. Multiple personality disorder, compulsive liar, narcissistic personality disorder? It seems like she's been lying since childhood to get her way and bend people to her will. She apparently still has supervised visits with her children. I wonder what they will think about her when they are old enough to know the full story?

And who tf agrees to help her with her wild kidnapping story?! When they were playing the interview tapes of the guy who helped her, he was just so nonchalant about helping her beat herself up and starve herself. It was insane. 

What a wild documentary.

• Like 5

Wow, I thought I knew this case. My jaw was on the floor during the last episode, when Keith recounted discovering she was making the kids sick by having them inhale rubbing alcohol. Wow. Munchausen by proxy actually goes right along with someone who is disturbed enough to stage their own kidnapping, watch their family suffer and then doubling down for attention. I hope the kids only have minimal contact with her. Shes one sick puppy. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2024 at 5:01 PM, emma675 said:

And who tf agrees to help her with her wild kidnapping story?! When they were playing the interview tapes of the guy who helped her, he was just so nonchalant about helping her beat herself up and starve herself. It was insane.

That guy seemed seemed like a stoner to me. Didn’t the detective right away think he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed? And he believed he was ‘helping’ her to get out of an abusive marriage. Still unbelievably crazy story! 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

he was just so nonchalant about helping her beat herself up and starve herself.

Has he ever spoken about this?  How did she get him to agree to shoot a puck at her leg and check her into a wall?  Let alone the branding!  What did he think was going on?  Did he think he was helping her build a case?   It is just so bizarre.  He had to know she was missing. Didn't he ever stop to think, if they track her here, I'm fucked.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DanielleBowden said:

Didn't he ever stop to think, if they track her here, I'm fucked.  

If Sherri was tracked there she would have said James Reyes kidnapped and abused her. He was very fortunate that by the time the police interviewed him they had figured out Sherri's tricks, otherwise he could have got in some big trouble.

• Like 3

About halfway through.   Knowing the truth makes the set up so hard to watch.   She's just another fabulouist (sp?) who needs drama in her life.   If she doesn't have it she makes it up.   

The whole I don't want to talk to the police, not even to her husband with them listening was a big clue.   She knew she couldn't keep her story straight and they would figure it out.   Later when they interviewed her at home "was there music?'  "oh, yeaaah, mariachi music."   You could see the gear moving in her head, yeah, yeah, music sure I'll say that, what kind of music would two hispanic women listen to, oh yeah mariachi is hispanic I'll say that.

Watching this after the Boston one, I just got so mad.  He blamed a black guy for the shooting, she blamed two hispanic women.   She's just lucky a bunch of hispanic women weren't rounded up and tortured to confess.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Just finished this. Wow. I vaguely remembered hearing about the case but not the details. The woman is a lunatic. It concerns me that she is still allowed to see the children, even supervised. I feel for them and the husband. My opinion of him changed too. I thought he was a tool at the beginning and by the end, I felt compassion for him and thought he seemed like a decent guy. 

I wonder if the sister still sees her. What is Sherri doing now for a living? 

I think the best thing for the children would be if they never saw their mother again. Someone that screwed up isn’t going to recover IMO. There is only the potential for her to continue to manipulate her children and damage them.  I also think she should’ve served a lot longer than 10 months. 

The boyfriend was an idiot. It makes no sense! What was his motive in helping her, only to drop her off and never talk to her again? It seems like we didn’t get the whole story about what was going on with them. Were drugs involved or was the guy as nuts as she is?  Really no sex or is he saying that to save face?

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3

Of course she will.   Anything for attention.   "You didn't find me."   Yeah because you were hiding with your "friend" miles away.   Your husband didn't even know where to look.  What a narcissist.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2