Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Life, Itself

• Start Topic

With the conclusion of this season, and the series for that matter, this clarify, if it has not done before, that Star Trek universe exist in completely different reality / dimension / universe than ours. It is not merely what could happen in the future, it is not us whatsoever.

The existence of the Progenitors billion years ago mean that what we know about evolution is completely false. Humans are not the product of evolution from lower organism to what we are now (bipedal with hips, walking erect, two hands and a head above the shoulders), but instead we inherit our traits directly from the Progenitors, who were older than even the dinosaurs. Also, older explanations in various Star Trek media that human and other alien species look similar because of convergent evolution is wrong. 

5 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

With the conclusion of this season, and the series for that matter, this clarify, if it has not done before, that Star Trek universe exist in completely different reality / dimension / universe than ours. It is not merely what could happen in the future, it is not us whatsoever.

The existence of the Progenitors billion years ago mean that what we know about evolution is completely false. Humans are not the product of evolution from lower organism to what we are now (bipedal with hips, walking erect, two hands and a head above the shoulders), but instead we inherit our traits directly from the Progenitors, who were older than even the dinosaurs. Also, older explanations in various Star Trek media that human and other alien species look similar because of convergent evolution is wrong. 

Well the progenitors could have done the hard work of make evolution look that way. 

• Like 1
On 6/10/2024 at 9:02 AM, TV Anonymous said:

The existence of the Progenitors billion years ago mean that what we know about evolution is completely false.

This guy is a bad Progenitor recipe?

image.thumb.png.3759ba1772ded08059f37356257093ad.png

• Like 1

Finally made it through the season and I just really couldn't get into it.  I just didn't really have any interest in a scavenger hunt around the galaxy.

However, I think the biggest thing for me was replacing practically the entire bridge crew.  Even though they weren't main characters, it just didn't seem like Discovery with a whole new bridge crew.

The one bright spot of the season though was Rayner.  I would have really liked to see more of him.

• Like 1