Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: The Storm

• Start Topic

On 6/9/2024 at 4:24 AM, possibilities said:

.An I find Colter increasingly unlikable. He's not evil or anything, but he's somehow incredibly boring and also full of himself while simultaneously angsty. It's an unbearable combination. And I absolutely HATE the Reenie-Colter dynamic. Both of them are preening all the time. It's gross. Grow up. Stop playing stupid games.

I don't disagree with you, the family mystery is not interesting at all to me. I think bland is a good word for Colter, I like Justin a lot but his character has no personality, that's why I want some different plots and bigger roles for the supporting characters. Reenie tries too hard, I don't find her character to be realistic, like when she was openly challenging the bad guy in the season finale, what person would behave like that?

Person of Interest is a great example of a CBS show that broke the COW formula, it started that way but they had the Elias/HR/ arc already established early in season 1. That show used flashbacks brilliantly, it never felt forced. They continued to solve cases of the week but most of the cases were connected to the bigger storyline. By season 4 it was basically a Sci-Fi/espionage show. It was too good for CBS.

No offense to the Tracker cast but POI had 3 heavy hitters as the leads and the writers were brilliant. But I still feel that Tracker has potential, first seasons are rarely smooth and the show probably was affected by the writers strike, now they have time to fix some things and it's gonna be a fall show so I'm optimistic.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, TheCathedral said:

Person of Interest is a great example of a CBS show that broke the COW formula, it started that way but they had the Elias/HR/ arc already established early in season 1. That show used flashbacks brilliantly, it never felt forced. They continued to solve cases of the week but most of the cases were connected to the bigger storyline. By season 4 it was basically a Sci-Fi/espionage show. It was too good for CBS.

No offense to the Tracker cast but POI had 3 heavy hitters as the leads and the writers were brilliant. But I still feel that Tracker has potential, first seasons are rarely smooth and the show probably was affected by the writers strike, now they have time to fix some things and it's gonna be a fall show so I'm optimistic.

I recall reading that when PoI started CBS very very much was entrenched in the COTW formula and also very very much not wanting a Science Fiction program (which PoI kinda became along the way; this piece from 2016 discusses the transition very well: How Person of Interest Became Essential Science Fiction Television).  So, not only did it break CBS's COTW formula it also did some stealth format changing along the way.  Tracker just isn't -yet, anyway- appointment TV for me; PoI absolutely was.  It's diversion TV for me: if I have an hour to kill, it fills the time.

• Like 4
On 5/20/2024 at 1:46 PM, possibilities said:

I can't stand the brother, so I hope he stays overseas and in hiding. But I could be okay with more of the sister.

GASP?!!  How can you not like Jensen Ackles?!

But you’re probably going to get your wish, as he just got the lead in a new Prime series which is supposed to start filming in a couple months.  So my guess  is he makes only one appearance next season.

Rennie has great chemistry with Colter, I can see them setting her up to be  his partner next season.  I like her, she’s more interesting than Colter.

We’re pretty sure Mom is shady, but I’m starting to worry abt Dory.  I think it would be a nice change for Melissa Roxborough to be a suspicious character.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

We’re pretty sure Mom is shady, but I’m starting to worry abt Dory.  I think it would be a nice change for Melissa Roxborough to be a suspicious character.

Except Melissa Roxborough has the lead in her own upcoming NBC TV Series "The Hunting Party".

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Except Melissa Roxborough has the lead in her own upcoming NBC TV Series "The Hunting Party".

I didn't know that.  Good for her.

• Like 1

I had recorded this series and watched it all over the last few days while laid up and I guess it was okay but probably not something I would stick with another season.  

Someone else used the word boring and I guess that is the word I was looking for.  It's all a little tense, a little dark, a little strained...and then...nothing.  It's all done.  I know "wrapping it up quickly" it a common trope but there never felt like there was a real pay-off and satisfying ending.  Just...an ending.  I think it could benefit from some lighter elements, some fun of some kind, and then a payoff that makes sense instead of just being...over.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Extremely well said BUNNYFACE.  Thank you

I watched the episode this week and I can't remember one single thing about it. 

I might have been reading throughout the entire episode.

I wanted to like it, I tried to like it but it certainly has not risen to "must see TV"