Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

ovSSE8DjAWsVlI3uBTluRZPiYu3.jpg

Leighton and Amanda show Jason his groundbreaking invention; Daniela and Jason2 throw a dinner party.

Premiere Date: May 15, 2024     Apple TV+

dark-matter-episode-3d.jpg

On 5/16/2024 at 6:32 PM, Anela said:

I thought she said their phones wouldn’t work in that box.  How did her alarm work? 

I guess they meant no signals.

On 5/17/2024 at 6:11 AM, Haleth said:

I don't care for the pacing of this show.  They didn't get to the box until epi 3?

Yes, it's a bit on the slow side, hopefully it gets a little better as time goes on.

• Like 1

I'm starting to get a "Constellation" vibe, another Apple Show that started off well but soon fizzled out. Also multiverses.

So your thoughts create a new universe? Okay then.

My Apple+ subscription has gone from $89/yr to $129/yr Canadian and I'm thinking of lapsing until a new season Foundation or For All Mankind comes out.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, marinw said:

I'm starting to get a "Constellation" vibe, another Apple Show that started off well but soon fizzled out. Also multiverses.

Yes, I suffered through all episodes of "Constellation", and this is giving me a very similar vibe.  Very slow moving plot.  Characters that don't make a lot of sense.  Also:  Jennifer Connelly is being completely wasted.

I also noticed that virtually nobody is posting about this show here on Primetimer, which is generally not a good sign.

• Like 1

I'm still interested but also sometimes annoyed and confused. Once the CEO realized this wasn't "their" Jason, he should have also realized that this Jason had been telling the truth all along about not remembering people and events that were supposed to be part of "their" Jason's life.  Why wouldn't it have occurred to the CEO that "their" Jason was gone for so long because he was building another box so he could send back another version of Jason to replace him? (At least I assume that is why he was gone so long.)

Another question is about the motivation of Jason B (the one who kidnapped Jason A and is not living Jason A's life): Did Jason B do this because he regretted choosing career over Daniela and a child and now wanted a do-over? If so, is that supposed to make us feel sympathy for him? I definitely don't feel sympathy for him--he comes across as a villain even if he is treating Daniela and Charlie nicely.

Then there are the confusing technical points. The drug was supposed to make the subject unconscious for an hour, but the door to the box would only stay locked for 3 minutes once the subject was inside. So when Jason A and the psychiatrist closed the box door and took the drug, why couldn't the Velocity people have opened the door and pulled them out after 3 minutes? I guess we're supposed to assume that the dimensional transport (or whatever it's called) happens within 3 minutes, but the subject stays unconscious for an hour to avoid being decohered (whatever that means).