Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Heavy Metal

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

The CSI team investigates the death of a local antique shop owner who died from an apparent gunshot wound that is missing one important clue – the bullet.

Also, Max makes an important breakthrough in the ongoing case with Ocho from the robotics factory.

Air Date: May 12, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Eh, so Max, Catherine and Chris go to a factory in the night with strange goings on and something bad happens, shocking.

The main case was interesting though I have no interest in whatever drama is happening between Penny and Chris.  I really don't care all that much about characters shows like to make quirky and full of emotional ticks so I'm already not a Penny fan.

I hope the finale doesn't leave any cliffhangers.

• Like 2
(edited)

I appreciated the creativity of the magnetic bullet being slipped into the victim's drink. 
Or has this been done before?
I've seen ice bullets etc., but not this. 
Of course, Breaking Bad 5.1 "Live Free or Die" did magnets better:
the proof of concept to eliminate damning hard drive evidence:
https://youtu.be/vJ7vEZIrfPo
but then, of course, Walter White always goes too far:
https://youtu.be/47bZIOy_qVI

Another variation of the magnetic bullet scheme would be to have bullets placed strategically in a room (aiming at the chair where the victim eats or the bed where the victim sleeps or even more precisely, the toilet where the victim sits) and then drawn to a temporary magnet like in BrBa to throw off the CSIs as to the point of origin as well as there being no gun to be found as the murder weapon.

Edited by shapeshifter
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

The main case was interesting though I have no interest in whatever drama is happening between Penny and Chris.  I really don't care all that much about characters shows like to make quirky and full of emotional ticks so I'm already not a Penny fan.

It’s hard to care because they didn’t build it up either, like Catherine/Warrick, or Grissom/Sara/Sofia. Out of nowhere, Penny is just mad at Chris, exactly for what?! I thought there would be a reveal there at the end where Chris would confess that he’s in love with Penny, and that’s why he’s sort of repelling this Penny/Jack thing. But it’s looking like they’re just bringing up this Chris/Penny drama thing as a convenient way to revisit Allie’s partnership system thing.

• Like 3

The best part of this episode is Beau singing “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina”. 😆

Neil was shot in reverse - death by magnet. Max seems impressed with Penny’s theory but Catherine and Josh look confused.

When it comes to feelings and ability to read the room, Penny is not that smart. Why can’t she realize that Chris has a crush on her? This crush comes out of nowhere and being shoehorned for an unknown reason. Penny should give more thoughts on the “faux-ance” remark because the engaged couple has zero chemistry.

In the beginning, I like Penny and not a fan of Chris. I no longer like Penny now, she continues to rub me the wrong way. Am OK with Chris now and I hope they won’t kill him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Genius-level work to creep into a seemingly deserted robot factory in the middle of the night with no backup and a one-armed CSI as muscle. 

• Like 9

Penny has annoyed me since day one and it has not gotten better. She acts so impulsively and is so immature. Neither of which you want in a crime scene investigator. I only hope Chris is trying to be her friend and isn't trying to make a romantic play for her. But I guess it doesn't matter since the show is canceled now.

So, Max, Catherine, and Chris break into an automated factory without a warrant, knowing the owner has already had possibly three people killed, and don't bring any backup or have contact with the outside world? Brilliant. What did Max hope to accomplish? No evidence they gathered would be legal or admissible in court. It was stupid and risky and now Chris is paying the price.

• Like 6

I’ve never been fond of Penny, but seriously, what is going on with her? She’s been in super bitch mode for the past 3-4 episodes, and for seemingly no reason. 

As much as I appreciate cases that are wrapped up quickly, this close to the end, I really couldn’t care much about the man who was shot from the inside. It was interesting and something new I’d never seen before, but I wanted more with faux-Elon and his murderous robots. That arc had so much potential and I’m bummed we’ve only gotten breadcrumbs from it. There definitely also has to be more with faux-Elon’s secretary - she’s been off since we first met her. 

Why in the world would Catherine go off by herself? I know it was to get through things more quickly, but she really should know better given everything that has happened to people associated with this case. 

Beau continues to be delightful! 

On 5/14/2024 at 7:39 AM, LisaM said:

Genius-level work to creep into a seemingly deserted robot factory in the middle of the night with no backup and a one-armed CSI as muscle. 

Not only that but without a warrant.  Max then tells Chris to get as many photos and videos as well.  I don’t really know why.  They won’t be admissible as evidence and anything they find on them will be fruit of the poisonous tree and won’t be allowed either.

• Like 1