Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Buried Pieces

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Upton becomes consumed with a decades-old missing persons case linked to Petrovic after a young child shows up to the district seeking help.

Air Date: May 01, 2024

Geez, even Voight got benched! 😳

FFS, another Hailey centric episode.

• She’s consumed by a case.
  • She’s acting like a mini Voight.
  • She’s facing her own demons.
  • She needs to rescue someone.
  • She needs to be the hero who saves the day.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 🙄

While being in-charge, Hailey has made Kevin her number two. With Hailey gone, I really hope Kevin will be promoted and becomes Voight’s number two.

I like Bojana Novakovic but I don’t like Jo Petrovic, the drunk profiler.

Jo getting behind the wheel feels contrived. She has been shown as a functioning alcoholic. But hey, anything to serve Hailey - the most important and beloved character in Chicago PD. 🙄

spacer.png

• Like 3

I was waiting for this thread to be made! 

Kevin and Hailey paired up could have been great (since it's rare), but she's just so damn unlikeable! Kevin asks about her issue and she says, "Helping with what?" 🙄 Girl the whole squad knows. Stop acting like you can't receive help.

And brushing off Atwater's question about Jo was also annoying. She's written so badly, you can't like her even if you want to. 

I will not be mad to see her go. Will Jo replace her?

Not a horrible episode but would have been much better as an ensemble rather than a Hailey stand alone. I mean,does she have something on Dick Wolf that she gets so much attention? Cause she isn’t even close to being the best actress on this show. I didn’t know she was leaving but I won’t be sorry to see her go.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I like Bojana Novakovic but I don’t like Jo Petrovic, the drunk profiler.

I totally agree. A character with great potential and they burden her/us with unnecessary baggage.

• Like 3

The story really hit hard and I'm glad it had a positive resolution. Very unusual for this show. But on the downside, we have Felony Barbie at her worst. Gaaaah. Begone, witch.

I hope Ms. Petrovic becomes a series regular next year. I didn't hate the dunk cop storyline either, and it gives her a good backstory moving forward. She's very easy on the eyes, and she can command a scene, so I'm all in if they want to give her the lead female role.

I'm also hoping we get back to (and finally resolve) the victims-in-barrels story.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, preeya said:

I totally agree. A character with great potential and they burden her/us with unnecessary baggage.

It’s annoying that the main purpose of Jo’s alcoholism is to serve Hailey’s character, not her own.

Rehab or not, that disease is a liability to Jo’s character and to Intelligence - if they wanna bring her in.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Rehab or not, that disease is a liability to Jo’s character and to Intelligence - if they wanna bring her in.

I'm not interested in her, at all.

• Applause 1
22 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

It’s annoying that the main purpose of Jo’s alcoholism is to serve Hailey’s character, not her own.

Isn't that all anyone has been? A prop for Upton... Jay was, Adam was in season 6, Kim's brutal kidnapping & shooting was a prop for Upton's meltdown. 

Now this character, who we've seen more of than the actual cast, is again just there to prop up the show's weakest character because she's always needed someone else as a crutch.

Her final season might have been slightly more interesting if they had chose to explore her relationships with the team, like her role in the Roy saga that had Kim suffering extreme PTSD (eventually after we dealt with her melodrama), her emottional manipulation & abuse of Adam, her disdain for Atwater... but no, we get another version of her in a completely new character. 

(edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 6:40 PM, preeya said:

It seems to be the pattern of this show not just to give everyone baggage, but to make everyone broken. (Kevin's maybe not completely busted.)

I don't have the problems with Tracy Spiridakos that some do, but they do seem to be writing Upton into a corner.

I don't like the writers' calculus that says in order for Jo to be a brilliant profiler, she has to be barely functional as a person -- no: that's lazy and insulting to the viewer.

19 hours ago, Guildford said:

her disdain for Atwater...

Really?

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, cameron said:

Does anyone know what Mall they used for this episode.  Couldn't come up with it.

I'm pretty sure it's Ford City Mall in Chicago.

12 hours ago, las68 said:

I'm pretty sure it's Ford City Mall in Chicago.

Thanks.  You're right.  Just looked it up and it matches the stores shown.

• Like 1