Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Welcome To The World

• Start Topic

The whole crew heads out to see Toni Braxton live in concert, but just as the show begins, Courtney's water breaks, on the sixth season finale of THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Monday, May 6 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

That was a fun finale, including the pregnancy flashbacks, and Toni Braxton was great fun in her cameo

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I kind of expected some sort of joke about Braxton-Hicks contractions.  But I'm glad they didn't go there.  

Aw. I think it would've been fine: 
[Dave] "Are you sure those aren't just Toni Braxton-Hicks contractions?"

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Honestly, I couldn't get past the situation - They were at a concert. Lots of emergency medical personnel would be there.  JUST CALL 911!

• Like 3
(edited)

Was that Toni Braxton, or was that Cher?  Pop stars can't all stay young, but they don't all have to have the same procedures so they all look alike.  Her personality did shine through though, so it was a nice cameo.

My favorite part was Malcolm taking his shot with Toni, Toni Braxton, and getting shot down.  Then Calvin being proud of Malcolm for taking his shot, but also gleefully pointing out Malcolm got shot down, and Malcolm's sheepish but proud grin.  That was well done.  My nerdly self should prefer Marty, but Malcolm is my favorite.  That actor is fantastic with the small actorly moments.

And?  Can I just say how happy I am the writers/producers avoided the "OMG, it's twins!" TV trope.  Which is very dated in this day and age.  

Edited to add:  and also the TV "sudden early birth in an unexpected place, and naming baby after person who unexpectedly participated in the birth" trope by changing from naming the baby Daphne to Toni.  It was bad enough they pulled the "sudden early birth in an unexpected place" trope.

Edited by HurricaneVal
Forgot a couple of tropes
  • Like 5
(edited)

That was a rather weak season finale, but so emblematic of the entire season which was weighed down by this stupid pregnancy plotline which was NOT fun. I wish they toned down this child storyline in the next season but that is very unlikely.

Edited by Harvey
  • Like 3