Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10 WATN Nathan and Amber

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wednesday, 1 May 2024, 7 - 9 pm Central, 8 - 10 Eastern, Supersized Thursday 2 May 2024 7 - 9 p.m. Central (I'll try to remember to post the air date from now on).   TLC keeps calling this Season 7, and I suspect this was filmed right after their initial episode, so I guess they're Season 7 WATN.  

Update on Nathan and Amber from Palestine, TX.   He was a drama teacher, she was a teacher, and he became Dr. Now's patient in S10:E01. 

From IMDB: In this special episode featuring bonus scenes, viewers will catch up with Nathan and Amber as they navigate their weight-loss journeys. Nathan, who underwent weight-loss surgery, is making strides towards a healthier life and is even returning to work as a teacher. However, his wife, Amber, is facing her own challenges as she struggles to qualify for a second surgery to update a previous one she had years ago.   As Nathan and Amber confront their respective obstacles, viewers will witness the highs and lows of their transformations, highlighting the physical and emotional tolls of their weight-loss journeys.  (This IMDB is actually for Thursday's Supersized edition, WATN is Wednesday 1 May 2024).  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I added the date to the title.   There is only listings saying WATN Season 7, and it's really Season 9.    I suspect the WATN were filmed immediately after their first season.  

Alright, I think that I got my dates straight. So, filmed right after their season? I don't remember them.

So, I'm going to decide if I want my grapes in solid or liquid form, and will snark ya later.

• Like 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Alright, I think that I got my dates straight. So, filmed right after their season? I don't remember them.

So, I'm going to decide if I want my grapes in solid or liquid form, and will snark ya later.

Grapes are probably OK, just avoid the demon oranges.  They're the road to Dr. Now's room 5.  

I'm guessing the WATN were filmed right after the original episodes, and are a few years old.       So, I'm just going to say Season 7 WATN, unless the show site posts something else.   

So, Nathan is doing so well, and Amber weighs a whole lot more than he does, and she's barely losing.  I wonder if their marriage will be able to withstand this?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1

OK, it seriously pissed me off that this fat bitch has the nerve to say that her husband embarrassed and disgusted her. Kettle meet pot.

It's lucky that her husband didn't judge her as harshly for her fat ass.

• Like 4

I want to know where the real Dr Now was! She loses like 10 pounds in a year or two and THIS dr. is like, "Well you need to step it up." Obviously this was a doppelganger. He didn't even raise his voice or call her out. I've seen him be tougher on someone who just suffered a loss of spouse, mom, house in a flood, you name it! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I want to know where the real Dr Now was! She loses like 10 pounds in a year or two and THIS dr. is like, "Well you need to step it up." Obviously this was a doppelganger. He didn't even raise his voice or call her out. I've seen him be tougher on someone who just suffered a loss of spouse, mom, house in a flood, you name it! 

I think Dr. Now realized that like with Vianey and Allen (R.I.P. Vianey), that if one partner left the program because he kicked Amber out, then Nathan would follow her.     I really wonder how they're doing now, since this was obviously shot right after the initial episode, and well over two years ago.    

I really have to wonder if Amber lost weight after the show was filmed, because she weighs twice what Nathan does, and he's more mobile, and active, and she's not.   

They had the Supersized version of this episode last night 7 to 9 p.m. Central.   The one bonus scene that added anything differnt was Nathan going to a go-cart track with his daughter. 

At the end where he was succeeding, and she was struggling was heartbreaking.   I'd love a current update on them, since this had to be filmed a year or two ago.      I'm hoping Nathan reached his goal by now, and had his final skin removal surgery.    I hope Amber continued therapy, and is in a happier place now, and doing well.   They celebrated their 12th anniversary this year, and I'm wishing them the best.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
On 5/2/2024 at 10:54 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The one bonus scene that added anything differnt was Nathan going to a go-cart track with his daughter. 

I was curious who the mother of his daughter was???  Is she Amber's daughter?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I was curious who the mother of his daughter was???  Is she Amber's daughter?

Nathan's mother's obituary from February 2024 lists Hannah as a grandchild.   I think she's Nathan's daughter.   Amber never was shown with Nathan and Hannah.  

Thanks to other posters, apparently Hannah is Nathan's stepdaughter.   I misunderstood.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1

I saw an article that said Amber has two kids with the first husband.  Of course, the tabloid type articles are often inaccurate, and have been known to show a picture of someone, and claim that it's the person's kids, when they're not.   I rewatched some of the WATN, and at the rock climbing gym, Nathan said he was glad to rekindle his relationship with Hannah (?) and to someday walk her down the aisle.     I wonder if he adopted her, even if a stepdaughter, because she's a Prater.   It's very confusing.   However, she was listed as a Prater in an obituary, and they are notoriously screwed up pretty often.   (An obit for my extended family misspelled the names of all three of the children, and the obit information came right from their mother). 

I just hope Nathan and Amber have a better relationship now, and both are healthy and happy.   He should have qualified for his last skin removal surgery by now, and I hope he did.   I hope Amber continued her therapy, and is in a better situation.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4