Type keyword(s) to search

S9:E01 WATN One-Ton Family Supersized

• Start Topic

(edited)

First aired 24 April 2024 (only the supersized with bonus scenes was new, the rest aired with the One-Ton Family season several years ago). 

Together weighing more than a ton, siblings Roshanda, Brandie, and Clarence set out to lose weight as a family. But the all-for-one approach may be hurting more than it helps when each of them shows signs of heading in the wrong direction after surgery. 

Dr. Now is listed as a participant, but Dr. Mike Dow is the narrator.   

(I'm suspicious this is a recut of the WATN about the family from their original episode which was several parts).

The show says 1 year earlier, so this is from a few seasons ago, I'm guessing the ending episode of the short series about the Perrio family.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
58 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(The season and episode number is a guess, nothing I could find says the season for WATN, but last season was Season 8.  The one after this is a new WATN)

(I'm suspicious this is a recut of the WATN about the family from their original episode which was several parts).

The TV listings site I use (zap2it) says season 7...

My 600-Lb. Life: Where Are They Now?

Supersized: One-Ton Family
SEASON 7, NEW

8:00 PM ON TLCHD 28 • TV-14 • STEREO

With bonus scenes; together weighing more than a ton, siblings Roshanda, Brandie and Clarence set out to lose weight as a family, but the all-for-one approach may be hurting more than it helps.

Which makes me wonder how much "new" it is.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(I'm suspicious this is a recut of the WATN about the family from their original episode which was several parts

I'm with you 100% on that conclusion.  It seems they have enough material in those old shows to "slice and dice" through editing and create many "new" episodes.  

I think I watched a few episodes in the beginning, but the cast didn't really interest me so I stopped watching.

• Like 3

There’s also a new series Quarter Ton Teen on A&E. First episode is a 13 year old who said she weighs over 400lbs. Poor kid.  I Dont see a topic for it, but I won’t snark on kids anyway.  

• Sad 3
9 hours ago, Pi237 said:

There’s also a new series Quarter Ton Teen on A&E. First episode is a 13 year old who said she weighs over 400lbs. Poor kid.  I Dont see a topic for it, but I won’t snark on kids anyway.  

I taped the show but haven't finished it.  No, this is not a show that I would want to snark on as it brings back memories of how badly I was teased when I was chunkier (never as large or treated as bad as these teens though).

BTW, this teen weighs 438.

• Hugs 3
On 4/20/2024 at 2:15 PM, ams1001 said:

The TV listings site I use (zap2it) says season 7...

Which makes me wonder how much "new" it is.

And the TLC site says Diana episode from Season 7.  So I have no idea what we will actually see?  But I guess I will tune in just in case!

• Like 2
(edited)

This is really Season 7, and  apparently a reairing of the ending episode of the Perrio family short series. 

Roshanda worried me, with her surgical risks.    Brandie, and Clarence were in a better place. But Brandie and Clarence gave up.  

I love when Clarence said the trio had loss almost 700 lbs.  Roshanda is the only one without the initial surgery yet, and Clarence and Brandie are trying to qualify for skin removal.   Clarence was the one who was very worried about surgery, because of his mother's death during or right after surgery.   

This episode had the other doctor helping Dr. Now, but that doctor has since taken another hospital management job.   

This is definitely a recut rerun, I remember the music scenes with Brandie.  

The update at the end from several years ago was only hopeful for Roshanda, Brandie and Clarence claim to still be losing, but I doubt it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
On 4/23/2024 at 8:57 AM, Pi237 said:

That episode was dull as hades, and had tragic twists. There was little snarkportunity between the youthful poundticipant and the presented struggle.

• Like 5

I was hoping for a better outcome for the Perrios.   Who would have thought Roshanda would be the most dedicated one.   Clarence is not going to succeed with doing the program his way.    Brandie is totally out of control, and I have no hope for her.   

• Like 5

I ended up turning this one off. I had zero attention span to devote to it. Didn't even move my laptop from the table (where if I'm sitting properly in my chair my back is to the TV).

• Like 4
(edited)

Sounds like a job for Simon Cowell.   I keep wondering what kind of venues Brandie is touring with her performances, and if it's a paying performance, or something else.   

I wonder how the trio are really doing now?   

After more reseach, this episode should be WATN S07.E09.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2