Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Maxine Bags a Prince

• Start Topic

1478x832.webp

Douglas faces a looming threat. Robert navigates his increasingly serious relationship with the prince. Linda and Evelyn receive shocking news.

Premiere Date: April 17, 2024         Apple TV+

GFmXsx7WkAAh2uj?format=jpg&name=large

(edited)

Apparently it is true that Florida has no statue of limitations for murder.  I thought they made that up, but no. Nevertheless, as a matter of proximate cause, a twenty-year lag time is hard to sell for this "murder." You could almost just a plausibly blame a poor diet.

I didn't quite catch what Norma was planning to do with that gun, though perhaps it's a simple as Robert jokingly(?) said, offing Maxime? Why would Norma be so angry with Maxine at this point? While she may never have wanted her nefrew to marry her in the first place, Maxine seems to be one of the few people, other than Robert, who truly care for her and show her some genuine kindness.

What is Robert's deal anyway, and his connection to Norma? Is he some sort of secret love child of the Delcorte family or something?

Edited by ahpny
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I don’t think any state has a statute of limitations for murder. New York doesn’t.

A bit of googling tell me that at least 4 states do have a statute of limitations at least for the most severe class of homicide: Alabama, Indiana, Kansas and Virginia. Some other states (like Missouri and Montana) have an applicable statute of limitations for less severe classes of homicide. But the overwhelming majority of states (including New York) do not have any statute of limitations applicable to the most severe class of homicide. That was news to me too.

• Useful 2
22 hours ago, ahpny said:

Maxine seems to be one of the few people, other than Robert, who truly care for her and show her some genuine kindness.

I mean, Maxine also stole her jewelry and a lot of her money. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 9:36 PM, ahpny said:

I didn't quite catch what Norma was planning to do with that gun, though perhaps it's a simple as Robert jokingly(?) said, offing Maxime? Why would Norma be so angry with Maxine at this point? While she may never have wanted her nefrew to marry her in the first place, Maxine seems to be one of the few people, other than Robert, who truly care for her and show her some genuine kindness.

Maxine is taking advantage of Norma's debilitating condition and stealing her fortune right out from under her. I know I would certainly want to kill her if she did that to me. Don't kid yourself, when Norma's money is gone so is Maxine.

Was her seeing the wanted poster in the bank supposed to be some sort of shocking reveal, because didn't we all see that the prince was a fraud like three or four episodes ago? 

Edited by Cineaste
  • Like 2

They really need to stop flashing things too fast on this show (the wedding invitation, the wanted poster) if they want me to understand major plot points.

5 hours ago, bilgistic said:

They really need to stop flashing things too fast on this show (the wedding invitation, the wanted poster) if they want me to understand major plot points.

It doesn’t help.  If you try pausing it doesn’t make any more sense. 

• Like 1
On 4/20/2024 at 12:50 PM, Cineaste said:

Was her seeing the wanted poster in the bank supposed to be some sort of shocking reveal, because didn't we all see that the prince was a fraud like three or four episodes ago? 

It was telegraphed fairly early, but in fairness, most everyone on this show is really dumb.  I mean, I don't feel bad for Ricky Martin that he isn't going to get to run off with a con artist he just met like a day or two ago. 

I did laugh at Julia Duffy menacingly saying "fibrosis" to Maxine.  I also wonder if they no longer have any idea of what to do with Cindy Crawford Jr.  It's weird that Robert would leave the care of Norma to her.

• Like 3
On 4/22/2024 at 10:00 PM, txhorns79 said:

I also wonder if they no longer have any idea of what to do with Cindy Crawford Jr. 

Too bad they didn't think of this from the get-go. She's gawdawful.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

I hate nepotism. 

Yes, but Laura Dern is in this show . . .. with her own father .  

Many nepo babies actually have deserved their success, I think.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1