Type keyword(s) to search

S.17 Former Cast Tell-All

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express likes and dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity? 

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I've watched every season except the Nashville one.  I always saw Chris as a Little Richard wannabe, especially because of the way he dressed.

Rock N Roll Dance GIF by Magnolia Pictures

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It depends on how long you mean "stay together".  More of them decided to stay together on decision day than have lasted to this day.  Some broke up soon after, some took years to finally divorce.

This page on Wikipedia will tell you which couples said "yes" and which ones are still together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Married_at_First_Sight_(American_TV_series)

It looks like Season 8 was the most successful so far if you measure that by how many couples are still together.  What I find interesting is how many of the earlier seasons still have one couple together even though they featured only 3 couples on the entire season.  This season we had 5 (or 6 if you count Michael's near miss) and none of them are still together!  And in Season 1 there was another couple that lasted several years and then divorced - Jason and Cortney.  That meant 2 out of 3 lasted for a while and 1 (Jamie and Doug) are still together.  So I think their track record was actually better in earlier seasons and is getting worse all the time.

We used to see more of the successful couples because the show featured several of them on specials and "Couples Cam", which aired during the pandemic.  On looking over those lists I saw couples that are still married that we never see anymore on any of these follow-ups.  Perhaps they have chosen not to participate.  I can't say that I blame them!

Thanks for that page link.  Thats quite a high divorce rate. I started watching the New Orleans season which was during the pandemic but never got into the Couples Cam during that time, probably because I hadn’t seen the earlier seasons. I was really into the New Orleans cast who were suddenly stuck at home like the rest of us but with a new spouse they barely knew.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Thanks for that page link.  Thats quite a high divorce rate. I started watching the New Orleans season which was during the pandemic but never got into the Couples Cam during that time, probably because I hadn’t seen the earlier seasons. I was really into the New Orleans cast who were suddenly stuck at home like the rest of us but with a new spouse they barely knew.

That was one of my favorite seasons and the last one I thought was worth watching. 

• Like 2

Oh good grief, this "Reunion Show/Evening Gown Competition" is two parts and each part is for two hours???

That boils down to about 20 minutes of any "some what" interesting information!

• LOL 4
46 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Oh good grief, this "Reunion Show/Evening Gown Competition" is two parts and each part is for two hours???

That boils down to about 20 minutes of any "some what" interesting information!

i think you're being pretty generous with figuring 20 minutes

• LOL 5
On 4/6/2024 at 8:03 PM, ByTor said:

Right now I'm watching season 10, so far I find this to be a pretty likeable sincere cast.

Quoting myself, yes, and off-topic, yes, but HOOOO BOY was I ever wrong!!!

• LOL 7

I’m not sure where to post this but I started watching last night because  it got taped on my DVR, a show called Ultimate Couples hosted by podcasters Sarah Colonna ( stand up comedian)  and a Mary Radzinski.
The hosts talk and show their takes on the best/  worst different moments from all seasons .

it’s probably too long for most  but does have some updates.  

• Useful 3
On 4/5/2024 at 12:41 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I like this part in particular:

It's comforting to know that such care is being taken when advising us we have until May 4 to shape up or we're gonna get shipped out.

I know it's been a little over a week, however, I still wanted to take a moment to apologize to you and everyone else. Obviously, I should have looked a little closer than I did for the spell-check. Thanks for catching it.

On 4/6/2024 at 2:51 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, they've deleted my posts without telling me and definitely without telling me why, but they DID fix the "[insert link]" in the yellow warning.  Happy to be of service.

While I'm quoting you, it's probably of interest to everyone. When a post is brought to the attention of the moderators, it's standard practice to remove it while it's evaluated. Depending on the conclusion of the team, the post will either be back up or stay removed. In that case, posters are informed as to why the decision to remove their post was made. (As moderators are volunteers, please know that it can take a couple of days to get to a post, though).

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, CM-CrispMtAir said:

Depending on the conclusion of the team, the post will either be back up or stay removed. In that case, posters are informed as to why the decision to remove their post was made. (As moderators are volunteers, please know that it can take a couple of days to get to a post, though).

Here's one that was posted 11 days ago (4-4-24) and was deleted, and I was never informed why.  I know about its existence only because somebody happened to quote it:

You didn't care when Jose locked her out of their apartment when she left one night after a fight without her keys, and the aftermath was caught on the unmanned camera in their apartment?  That was epic!  I still can't believe Jose thought that beard that made his mouth look like a monkey's anus was a good look.

Also, Rachel said the women her season (Houston) agreed not to discuss sex on camera because three of them were in education.  They did it in a group text, but there was a mole; she doesn't know who it was.

• Like 3