Type keyword(s) to search

S22: E06 Hollywood (Week 1...I guess?)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Figured I'd start a topic. 

Been some good performances.

Bitchy girl who went acapella, still sucked, got a second chance because.....reasons, came back out, sucked, then turned British was certainly something. 

I'm assuming that Ziggy is going to be the performer that they shove down our throats like Iam last season. Even have the deceased father storyline already built in. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 6
55 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Bitchy girl who went acapella, still sucked, got a second chance because.....reasons, came back out, sucked, then turned British was certainly something. 

Seriously, what was that all about? 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

Figured I'd start a topic. 

Been some good performances.

I'm assuming that Ziggy is going to be the performer that they shove down our throats like Iam last season. Even have the deceased father storyline already built in. 

No kidding. The new Iam. He just happened to arrive late and gets to sing last.  He already won the Dutch version is that fair?

what was up with something something gal?  I guess the pianist maybe did mess up but she could have handled it better.   The British accent topped it off very strange indeed. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I adore Ziggy in all his colors 💖💙💖💙💖 and Botox and putting all his emotions right out there. He wasn't singing a song; he was SINGING HIS LIFE.

ETA: Ziggy did not win "Idol: The Netherlands."

https://meaww.com/who-is-ziggy-krassenberg-american-idol-season-22-contestant-won-primes-survival-show-good-luck-guys

So we have some great Country; some awesome Take Us To Church sangers; some piano-playing Sensitive Types. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3

Lionel cracks me up when he proclaims they're looked for the "next global superstar."  In what universe, Lionel?  There hasn't been a global superstar (or even a star) that's come out of Idol in the last decade.

• Like 5

I don't recall seeing the British kid tonight....He was the last audition an episode ago. His father also died so I figured he would be elevated and they proclaimed his audition to be the most emotional or authentic I can't remember exactly but it was the most...they had ever seen.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

No kidding. The new Iam. He just happened to arrive late and gets to sing last.  He already won the Dutch version is that fair?

Yea, seems like it's already a done deal that he's going to win which is unfortunate. He can sing OK, but since we're now building episodes around giving him a dramatic storyline, I think we all know where this is going. Considering his job that pops up under his name and age is "reality star," I guess they're gonna try to capitalize on that. He is slightly more marketable than Iam, but he's not going to be any more of a star. 

1 hour ago, SnarkAttack said:

Some of those 27 year-olds sure don't look like 27 year-olds.  Do they have to prove their age?

If that girl who is a mortician is in her 20s, then I'm a 12 year old. 

I'm 36.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
Spoiler

Ziggy didn't make the Top 24.

Triston is leading in the Facebook likes.  So another Country singer.

Iam was the most over pimped contestant ever and Idol exploited his sob story.  But they never even signed him.  He was always a niche artist.

I don't like sob stories.  PERIOD.  

That's why I liked someone like Kayko.  He has a pleasant personality, he got up there, accompanied himself on the keyboard with his original.  He wasn't freaking out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:
  Hide contents

Ziggy didn't make the Top 24.

Triston is leading in the Facebook likes.  So another Country singer.

Iam was the most over pimped contestant ever and Idol exploited his sob story.  But they never even signed him.  He was always a niche artist.

I don't like sob stories.  PERIOD.  

That's why I liked someone like Kayko.  He has a pleasant personality, he got up there, accompanied himself on the keyboard with his original.  He wasn't freaking out.

This legit makes me want to watch the rest of the season. Maybe my cynical, asshole nature isn't as warranted as I thought. 

Also, as a country fan, I'm good with that lol.

I do like Kayko. Dude acts like a performer on stage because he's worked to create his music and his sound. It's refreshing. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Iam was the most over pimped contestant ever and Idol exploited his sob story.  But they never even signed him.

Hasn't Idol stopped signing their winners to recording contracts?  They used to do that when it was at Fox, but I thought the Idols now had to find their own record company if they wanted to record. 

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

what was up with something something gal?  I guess the pianist maybe did mess up but she could have handled it better.   The British accent topped it off very strange indeed. 

Well at least she's gone now so the rest of them don't have to sleep in shifts. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
55 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Hasn't Idol stopped signing their winners to recording contracts?  They used to do that when it was at Fox, but I thought the Idols now had to find their own record company if they wanted to record. 

From Kelly to Just Sam, all winners were guaranteed a record contract.  It was no longer a guaranteed starting the season when Chayce won, even though and he Noah eventually got signed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4