Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Bob receives an offer to sell MaxDot, he must weigh the potential payout against his family's legacy. Also, when the hospital cuts nursing staff, Abishola and Gloria's relationship is strained, on the CBS Original series BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA, Monday, April 1 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

(edited)

So now there's no reason that Bob can't go with Abishola to medical school once Dele goes off to college (except for the 2 mothers living in his house.)

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1

I really appreciate that all through the season (so far) they are writing Bob & Abishola as such a cute couple who really get along well. Like in today's episode their scene of thinking about moving to Italy was so sweet but also funny. And it was surprising to see Abishola encourage Bob to relax instead of being productive.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

I did not expect Bob to sell the company, but I guess anything goes in the last season

Literally. 
I do like the episode title: “Sad Cupcakes”

Yeah, now the show is moving toward its end.  I find it sad, especially because the writing has actually improved, especially the scenes between Bob and Abishola.  But the sale of the company happening "just like that" felt a little rushed to me.  Everyone used to act so committed to MaxDot and now suddenly they need to vaguely "spread their wings"?  And never mind worrying about what Dad would say, what about Mom (Dottie)?  Not even a mention.  So it was still a little clunky for me.

If Abishola is still considering going to school I hope that gets mentioned soon because it's been a little too long since that's happened and this episode might have been a good place to give a nod to it.  Hopefully that will come up next episode.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I am baffled. Abishola is too tired to work her nursing shifts, so how is she still interested in medical school?  Seems like she is drifting away from that goal. Instead she said she wanted to build a new empire. She’s made no mention of medical school all season. Maybe it was all a dream. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

And never mind worrying about what Dad would say, what about Mom (Dottie)? 

Yes, they completely ignored the fact that although Dottie is no longer drawing a salary, she still is a partial owner of MaxDot and would certainly need to be informed of the offer to buy it.  If the supporting cast appearances were not limited, Bob would have gone to her to complain that the twins (and Goodwin) wanted to sell the family company, and would have been shocked to see how quickly she would have jumped at the money, family legacy or not.

Can someone please remind me: I know that Goodwin is President of MaxDot, but why does he get a vote on the sale? Did the family give him stock in the company? Even if they did, why would he have an equal vote?

I also kept thinking as the debate to sell went on that if they sold MaxDot, Kofo might well be out of a job. Finally there was a throwaway line about Bob taking Kofo with him on his next venture, but it was still strange not to mention it until then.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 6

It also made no sense. Sure, Bob said it in the heat of the moment, but he already started another business and it was a success. It is time for him to rest. No need to start another company.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Do we know how old Bob and Abishola are?

Last night, we heard that Bob was over 50.  They also said that the twins are 45 and we know he's the oldest of the kids.

Even if Bob gave Goodwin some MaxDot stock when he promoted him to management, he's only held the job a couple years compared to the rest of them who've been at Max Dot since the beginning (Dottie) or for decades (Bob and the twins).  No way Goodwin owns as big a piece of the pie as them or has as many votes when it comes to selling the company.  He could have a very nice severance package of course and the new owners could well want him to stay on for at least a part of a transitional period.

It seems they're setting this up for the grand finale by having Bob sell the company and move on.  However, having Abishola upset and burnt out on nursing while nary a peep has been heard about her med school ambitions seems to be a lost opportunity.  If they're setting them up to start some sort of business together, they've also missed the chance to show them having complementary skills in an area of mutual interest that they could grow into a new business.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Do we know how old Bob and Abishola are?

think Bob said he'd been "raising" them since the twins were 12?  And we know he left college to take over the company. So perhaps he was 20 and now he's 53?  I know it's really not relevant, but Billy Gardell is 54. Folake Olowofoyeku is 40, which would also work for Abishola having a 17-18 year old-son. but also thinking she could possibly still have another child.

Even with IVF, Christina should not be so confident that she will become pregnant with 45 year-old eggs.  It would have made a lot more sense if she had had her eggs extracted and frozen when she was 35 (maybe at Dottie's suggestion) and now at 45, decided there was no point in waiting for the right guy anymore if she wanted to have a biological child.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Harvey said:

It also made no sense. Sure, Bob said it in the heat of the moment, but he already started another business and it was a success. It is time for him to rest. No need to start another company.

I was also confused about this.  He's selling MaxDot, but keeping the company that makes the socks?  Which is why MaxDot is so successful?  I felt like the show was conflating the 2 companies and that everything was going to be sold, with Bob out of the sock business completely.  (By the way, didn't he recruit the Malaysian sock producer to run the US factory?  He's not going to be thrilled at the sale, either.)

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1