Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04 Abi's Journey

• Start Topic

(edited)

From the show site:  A man's struggle with weight loss grows even more dire after an accident leaves him mostly paralyzed, with the following seven years spent bedbound leaving him at over 700 pounds and with few options to get his weight back under control.

After reading Abi's heartbreaking story, I hope he really tries with Dr. Now's program, and is a success story.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Mind Blown 1

I was so happy for Abi, and his wife, and family.    He's really working Dr. Now's program.  I was very worried when they sent him home, but he's kept going, and I'm hoping he reaches his goal and the orthopedic doc can help him.   

I loved the devotion of all of the professionals in this episode, from the physical therapists, to the ambulance crews, and all of the medical personnel.    

• Like 13
51 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I know the physical therapist was tall, but man, does anyone know what Dr. Now's height is? They looked comical standing next to one another!

Google says 5'9". Not sure I believe that, though he is also stooped over a bit, plus he's elderly so he's probably shrunk some from his full height.

23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was so happy for Abi, and his wife, and family.    He's really working Dr. Now's program.  I was very worried when they sent him home, but he's kept going, and I'm hoping he reaches his goal and the orthopedic doc can help him.   

He's a little hard to snark too much on. He had a legitimate reason to end up stuck in bed for a while, and was already a big guy before that happened. He definitely ate too much, and badly, but a lot of other things outside his control were working against him after the accident, too.

• Like 11
(edited)

The Supersized added a few scenes that weren't very different from the original broadcast.  They did show his back and feet better this time, and I can't imagine how painful, and dangerously infected his skin was.    Dr. Now hospitalizing Abi certainly saved his life.    

Since I don't see any postings on other sites, I'm hoping that Abi and his wife are being filmed for a WATN.    I hope they're both doing great, and on the road to a healthy and long life, and Abi is mobile.     He certainly proved he's determined to change.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
(edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 11:26 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Since I don't see any postings on other sites, I'm hoping that Abi and his wife are being filmed for a WATN. 

I was thinking the same thing...I was hoping they would add a written "tease" at the end of the episode with ....."more to follow" or something like that.  It would make sense for us to see him actually be able to walk...and, then, of course, to receive skin removal surgery.

As an aside, I checked several boards on Facebook and I must say, barely any posts were written about Abi.  This is leading me to believe that interest in the show is probably diminishing and that this will probably be its last season.

I thought Abi's episode was the best they presented in several YEARS!  

Edited by pdlinda
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1