Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Big Decision

• Start Topic

Well certainly the stench of need wafts off these two like the odor of rogaine probably hovers over Doug on a hot summer's day.

Even though this is Bachelor Lite in so many ways I do think Jamie was more likely cast because when they ran their CIA profile, she didn't so much match Doug.  At all.  But she did fit the Trista Reyn and all those who followed personality -- someone willing to commit to "famous" we-met-on-the-teevee "love" that validates their awesome sauce specialness that a blind date at Applebies just never fulfills.

Right.  This is how I see it, too.  And did I read somewhere that the experts originally had considered pairing Jamie with Jason the Firefighter? 

"I don't know what Vaughn and I are going to do. It's just a lot to think about." Monet said that while unsuccessfully trying to repress a big smile. You know she was fondly thinking of the day when he would be out of her life for good. I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to relax and laugh with each other knowing this horrible experience would be over soon.

I actually think Monet felt sad about the whole married life charade ending the way it did.  And I even think she missed/misses Vaughn.  My sympathy was all for her as she lay on the couch as Vaughn packed up.  I don't think she was trying to avoid helping him; rather, Monet's apparent inertia possibly stemmed from something else -- regret, maybe?  Or, perhaps, she was simply sad about his leaving. 

Let's hope both of them really did learn something from the experience.  (I refuse to let myself call it the "experiment."  So overused and, ultimately, such an unfortunate way to describe marriage!).  

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 1

Right.  This is how I see it, too.  And did I read somewhere that the experts originally had considered pairing Jamie with Jason the Firefighter? 

It was on the casting special, I think. They made some teaser pairings, like Vaughn and the virgin and Jamie with Jason. I think that actually would have been bad because Jason doesn't need that much high maintenance and he's good looking enough to not be obsessed with Jamie.

Yes I noticed and I think it is a great look for him. He has a hot body, might as well show it off!

I am just now discovering this show watching this show for the first time (on the tail end).  I think Doug isn't nearly as unattractive as they make it sound like he is.  He's got a great body.  If he could get rid of the moles maybe...but he's cute.  If he shaved off the hair, he'd probably look much hotter.