Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Wreq The World!

• Start Topic

This week, excitement explodes amongst the contestants as they are tasked with performing a dry-run for the Werq The World tour! It's truly wonderful to see our beloved series being used as an ad for a Vegas show. Ru implores the queens to get political and inspire viewers to vote -- vote, I tell you! -- and sends them off for a pleasant, if not riveting, "let's put on a show!" episode. Based on the results, though, I predict a low turnout in November. The neo-disco track is fine, most of the lyrics are forgettable, and Q excels, only to see the judges resort to their tricks and refuse to put her in the top. The runway is also fine -- did I say the episode is fine? -- and Dawn retreats to her mid-century Tim Burton comfort zone.

Next week: the Axe of Doom finally falls as the queens (and no doubt the audience) are tortured with a hybrid branding/improv challenge! Plane promises to milk her momentary lapse into altruistic insanity by carping about it for the rest of the season.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

After hearing Dawn’s bloated lyrics in search of a beat, followed by Mhi’ya coming out with: 

V O T E

Living in a country 

Where our rights should be equal

Just because I’m gay 

don’t make me less equal

Let’s take a chance to make a difference 

We got the power 

Let’s use our voices

Don’t let it end

Let’s keep it going

Martin Luther King!

I have a dream

I expected Ru to stand up, stop the show mid performance and say: 

“Stop! I’ve made a horrible mistake. Not since the day I offered my ranch to fracking have I opened myself up to so much ridicule. Let’s just scrap this now. Guys, it’s a Sherry Pie. Erase everything! Everybody else just go home. Mhi’ya you need to leave. Don’t say shit to me, just go. Let’s all just reconvene in a few days. Not you, Mhi’ya. You’re done. Don’t even look at me. Somebody bring my car around.”

And then Ru just walks off the set, damn near tears.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • LOL 8

The gag of the season:  Plane Jane gives her immunity potion to Nymphia!  Maybe she planned a redemption arc midseason all along.  Giving her immunity to one of the most popular queens during her most stressful challenge (Nymphia has said from the beginning that writing was not in her wheelhouse) can garner a lot of fan support.  

I am so happy that nobody went home. It seems perfect for the spirit of the theme this week.  I thought Morphine really stood out this episode and would get her first win.  But, Sapphira really brought it again this week.  I really loved her in the challenge- she was in her element.  Her runway was right up her alley, with extreme eleganza and was a nod to Queen Charlotte (not Marge Simpson, Michelle).  After the popularity of the Bridgerton series, Queen Charlotte is finally getting her flowers.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

Plane Jane using her immunity potion in a week where nobody goes home is horrible storytelling on the part of the producers.

Or deliberate, so that they can dick around with her before her unceremonious ouster at, or near, T4. There's no way that she's winning the season.

• Like 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Starchild said:

Plane didn't actually end up doing that choreo she was having trouble with in rehearsal, did she?

This! And no mention of the omission from Jamal either.

I thought they all did well but for me it was Sapphira, Morphine and Mhi'ya (I know!) that excelled during the performance. I would've put Jane or Dawn up for elimination for both their performances and runway looks. 

Also that was one of the worst lip sync songs ever on this show. Ugh.

Edited by Kaboom 2.0

Who ever could have predicted that both immunity potions would be used in situations where it didn't matter. It's almost like in that one season where it was always chocolate until it wasn't, hmmmm. How crazy and zany.

It's interesting to juxtapose Sapphira using her potion when she didn't need it at all vs. Plain Jain giving it to someone else when she arguably could have needed it.

Was this supposed to air before Super Tuesday and something got pushed back? Because it's really weird and unfortunate timing otherwise.

• Like 2

I wonder if the producers had plain Jane give nymphia the potion this week because nymphia is not registered to vote.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1