Type keyword(s) to search

S08.03: Elephant on the Beach

• Start Topic

Carl and Lindsay find themselves in conflict while Amanda and Kyle try to get back on track; West consults Paige on taking the next step with Ciara; Lindsay drops a bomb as she and Paige agree to move forward in their friendship.

Paige knew exactly what Lindsey was trying to do by outing Danielle on the story selling. And I knew that Lindsey wasn't capable of forgiving Danielle without some penance/payback. Surprised she's not outing all of Carl's secrets.

So glad he manned up and called off the wedding. They were the very definition of toxic. Speaking of, she's living the apartment that he's paying half for and she wanted to keep the engagement ring buy NY law mandated it be returned.  No wonder he went back to Loverboy, he needed the money.

On the other hand, how cute are Ciara and West? 

What the hell did Gabby wear to dinner?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

This was a confusing episode, and I cannot for the life of me understand at all what reason there is for literally ZERO footage of this Carl/Lindsey episode while out.  It's bizarre.

Also bizarre was the weird one-episode Lindsey redemption tour this week.  I admit being confused as shit.

Ciera and West are cute, but honestly, I myself saw no chemistry there in this date, whatever that might mean.  There was not a lot of ease there, it was way too self-conscious.

I mean, Danielle was on Live just the other night defending Lindsey, and now Lindsey is here shitting on her?

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Lindsay seemed to be annoyed (and worse) because Carl didn’t have a job for many months, and he couldn't decide what to do in the future. Open a sober bar, have a podcast, do what he did before, etc. She mentioned she had many endorsements. 

She also admitted that her claim about Carl being on something (cocaine?) was retaliation. 

Lindsay tried to be as diplomatic as possible on Watch What Happens Live yesterday because she wants to rehabilite her image.

• Useful 1
On 3/8/2024 at 9:32 AM, Lassus said:

This was a confusing episode, and I cannot for the life of me understand at all what reason there is for literally ZERO footage of this Carl/Lindsey episode while out.  It's bizarre.

Yet another odd example of the cameras being conveniently absent from a supposedly life-changing night.  It makes NO sense.  Even if they had the night off, you're telling me one of the cast wasn't jumping on the horn telling producers to call the cameras out there asap??

On 3/8/2024 at 9:32 AM, Lassus said:

Ciera and West are cute, but honestly, I myself saw no chemistry there in this date, whatever that might mean.  There was not a lot of ease there, it was way too self-conscious.

Nice guy but why was he so horribly sweaty and disheveled?  Even after they got inside it appeared he couldn't get it under control.  It made me uncomfortable to watch and it looked like it made Ciera uncomfortable too!

On 3/8/2024 at 6:46 AM, snarts said:

Paige knew exactly what Lindsey was trying to do by outing Danielle on the story selling. And I knew that Lindsey wasn't capable of forgiving Danielle without some penance/payback. Surprised she's not outing all of Carl's secrets.

It's kind of pitiful to see how quickly Danielle appears eager to jump back into her old role while Lindsey could obviously give two shits.  And why did Gabby feel she was in any position to try to foster a truce between Lindsey and Paige?  Paige was having none of it. Those two just need to coexist like you would with any co-worker you can't stand.  It makes me sad that Gabby has lowered herself to being Lindsey's little "yes" man.  Why do these bully/mean girls always have supporters?  The cat's out of the bag on Lindsey's game and everyone's over her BS so Gabby's support and having one measly gang member literally means nothing.  But the fact that Lindsey has even one person still hanging around her is astounding to me.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 3:05 PM, Vivigirl10 said:

Yet another odd example of the cameras being conveniently absent from a supposedly life-changing night.  It makes NO sense.  Even if they had the night off, you're telling me one of the cast wasn't jumping on the horn telling producers to call the cameras out there asap??

Nice guy but why was he so horribly sweaty and disheveled?  Even after they got inside it appeared he couldn't get it under control.  It made me uncomfortable to watch and it looked like it made Ciera uncomfortable too!

It's kind of pitiful to see how quickly Danielle appears eager to jump back into her old role while Lindsey could obviously give two shits.  And why did Gabby feel she was in any position to try to foster a truce between Lindsey and Paige?  Paige was having none of it. Those two just need to coexist like you would with any co-worker you can't stand.  It makes me sad that Gabby has lowered herself to being Lindsey's little "yes" man.  Why do these bully/mean girls always have supporters?  The cat's out of the bag on Lindsey's game and everyone's over her BS so Gabby's support and having one measly gang member literally means nothing.  But the fact that Lindsey has even one person still hanging around her is astounding to me.  

The mean girls have supporters, but it might have to do with remaining on the show if you are a junior cast member like Gabby in this case. She had to choose a side, but she chose the wrong one. Lindsey is not exactly trustworthy.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2

Gabby has lowered herself to being Lindsey's little "yes" man.  Why do these bully/mean girls always have supporters?  The cat's out of the bag on Lindsey's game and everyone's over her BS so Gabby's support and having one measly gang member literally means nothing.  But the fact that Lindsey has even one person still hanging around her is astounding to me.  

Last season Lindsey worked hard to garner support from Gabby & Sam 1) because she was feuding with  Danielle, and 2) to counter the allegation that she was always rude to newcomers (which she was). It worked and gave her some allies for the reunion.

Fast forward to this season and you see her true colors with how she treated West when he was nicely trying to accommodate her room request.

Gabby likely thinks that aligning herself with OG Lindsey is a good move but I predict she'll be tossed curbside now that Danielle/Lindsey are "friends" again.

Also interested that she shuttered her PR agency and is trying to go the influencer route.  Carl's always had a spotty work history. The bravo money must be more than I thought it was. $13k/month rent is pretty steep. 

• Like 2

It is strange that some really good stuff isn't filmed.  I did know they even got a day off from filming.  

How many think Lindsey was correct that Carl was on something or that she was lashing out because she was drunk.  I am totally on the "drunken Lindsey" lashing out.  She seems to do this a lot when she is drunk and getting called out for it.  I am glad they have broken off the engagement.  Carl deserves better.  I don't know what Lindsey needs........a heart maybe?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 3/8/2024 at 9:56 PM, ZettaK said:

Lindsay seemed to be annoyed (and worse) because Carl didn’t have a job for many months, and he couldn't decide what to do in the future. Open a sober bar, have a podcast, do what he did before, etc. She mentioned she had many endorsements. 

She also admitted that her claim about Carl being on something (cocaine?) was retaliation. 

Lindsay tried to be as diplomatic as possible on Watch What Happens Live yesterday because she wants to rehabilite her image.

I don't like Lindsay. I think she is a really problematic person. But I understand her irritation with the fact that Carl has not found a job, nor made any progress toward finding a job, in over a year. That's a nope from me. 

What is with the giant Man-Babies on this show?? Kyle too, ugh. Like, if you want to still be doing jello shots and peeing on your property line every weekend when you're 40, 50, 60... then you do you. But don't pretend you want to settle down and be a father. Especially when your partner seems to genuinely want kids. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I remain befuddled by spending so much money (not these losers but generally speaking) on a summer share house, to only really spend one full day there a week. Friday they drive out and then they pack up and leave Sunday mornings.

• Like 1
On 3/11/2024 at 11:04 AM, gaPeach said:

It is strange that some really good stuff isn't filmed.  I did know they even got a day off from filming.  

How many think Lindsey was correct that Carl was on something or that she was lashing out because she was drunk.  I am totally on the "drunken Lindsey" lashing out.  She seems to do this a lot when she is drunk and getting called out for it.  I am glad they have broken off the engagement.  Carl deserves better.  I don't know what Lindsey needs........a heart maybe?

I think maybe it’s both? I think Lindsey is saying it in retaliation but I also think she’s annoyed he’s not more upfront about smoking pot. And if his general lack of drive is an issue, I can see her having concerns that he’s using marijuana in an unhealthy way. But I think she’s drunk and mad and saying it to hurt him and imply far more serious drug use than what is happening. Of course I also believe that Carl makes passive aggressive remarks about her being drunk and then claimed he’s not upset and doesn’t have a problem with her drinking.  I think they are both people who do not know how to have a healthy respectful relationship.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I think maybe it’s both? I think Lindsey is saying it in retaliation but I also think she’s annoyed he’s not more upfront about smoking pot. And if his general lack of drive is an issue, I can see her having concerns that he’s using marijuana in an unhealthy way. But I think she’s drunk and mad and saying it to hurt him and imply far more serious drug use than what is happening. Of course I also believe that Carl makes passive aggressive remarks about her being drunk and then claimed he’s not upset and doesn’t have a problem with her drinking.  I think they are both people who do not know how to have a healthy respectful relationship.

He is not exactly sober if he smokes pot. This is California "sober". She might have thrown innuendos about him using harder drugs, but he called her drunk in every episode. And yes, that's not a couple that is ready to get married.

• Like 1