Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Five Miles Out, The Sound Is Clearest

• Start Topic

1478x832.webp

While on the run with Alice, Jo makes a chilling discovery. Bud threatens to exact his revenge on Henry.

Premiere Date: March 6, 2024       Apple TV+ 

I came here to see if I should bother watching. No else has and so yes maybe it is time to bail on this nonsense.

I've been trying to watch, but, wow, it has been a struggle.  I don't know where this is going, and I'm starting to really not care.  The story is nearly incomprehensible.  The time jumps are not always clear, and the actress who plays Alice only seems to asked to portray one mood/facial expression.  Noomi Rapace is a talented actress, but she's no Jodie Foster.  I bring up Jodie Foster because she was the only reason I slogged through all 6 episodes of "True Detective: Night Country", which has a few similarities to this show.  

Back to "Constellation", I will likely make it through the end of season 1, but season 2 (if it gets the greenlight) is highly unlikely for me.  Also, this show might be a better candidate for a binge watch, as opposed to a weekly release of one episode at a time.  

• Like 1
(edited)

I’m ready to abandon ship too. I watched two episodes of “The Signal” on Netflix which is similar. What is it with shows about female astronauts who may be going mentally unstable after they encounter something weird? (See also: Lucy in the Sky). Why doesn’t this happen to male astronauts? Ugh.

Edited by marinw
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 10:57 AM, marinw said:

I’m ready to abandon ship too. I watched two episodes of “The Signal” on Netflix which is similar. What is it with shows about female astronauts who may be going mentally unstable after they encounter something weird? (See also: Lucy in the Sky). Why doesn’t this happen to male astronauts? Ugh.

In For All Mankind it's the opposite. Though like Lucy in the Sky, that storyline is based in part on real events. Lucy is loosely based on Lisa Nowack. And in FAM, the story is based on Gordon Cooper's repeated insistences that he saw UFOs on many of his flights.

Edited by AllyB
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, AllyB said:

And in FAM, the story is based on Gordon Cooper's repeated insistences that he saw UFOs on many of his flights.

I remember the Nowack thing! And in FAM, the women often  keep it together better than the men.

• Like 1

Lol I came here hoping for someone to explain to me what is going on 🤣

I mean I get the overall idea she encountered something up there and somehow she is a mirrored version of herself... and maybe she returned to the wrong version of reality. And in the other reality she is the one that's dead and Paul is alive? Or at least that's what I think is happening lol. Are they insinuating that some of these astronauts who go up there get swapped with a mirror version of themselves? And why is Jo so fixated on the dead cosmonaut? 

I'm left with more questions than answers at this point.

Oh great, now I'm looking forward and seeing only 1 more episode and then I have to wait more weeks for answers? I don't know if I have the patience.