Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Aleria

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

PARPUS_HALO_205_UHD_2585095_1920x1080.jp

In the aftermath of defeat, the survivors struggle to pick up the pieces. On the desolate planet of Aleria, John grapples with an unprecedented loss. Soren and Laera search for their missing son. Makee must tread carefully as the Arbiter grows impatient.

Premiere Date: February 29, 2024      Paramount+ 

m10P4Qx2U5AhHpQGCb1WmfpHUz1.jpg

Halo-The-Series_-Declassified-S2-E4-_-Pr

• Thanks 1

I know the new Season 2 showrunners are supposed to have played the games and read the books, but this crap makes me wonder if they're trolling the fanboys on purpose. There really isn't much difference from Season 1.

They still may be able to salvage something, but my confidence is low. 

• Like 1

Kai got a fast car - fast enough to get away from here...

John needed to get a DVD copy of Troy from the old typewriter store so he would know that Vannak deserved an Achilles-level funeral pyre...

Riz turned into Forrest Gump AND Lt. Dan

When did Soren marry Negan???!!!

• LOL 2
(edited)

I'm rapidly losing interest. I don't mind dealing with the Reach fallout, but I was annoyed by practically everyone in this episode, save Riz and maybe Soren. 

I don't know how many episodes are left, but since Riz is now out of the mix (which I support because I wouldn't tolerate John's bullshit either), not sure I'm invested enough to watch.

Kai could have been interesting, but her character arc seems to be as a potential antagonist to John without much explanation.  We know he is speshul and cannot die,  so not sure things will end well for her, either. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
On 2/29/2024 at 6:58 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

Kai could have been interesting, but her character arc seems to be as a potential antagonist to John without much explanation. 

I'm hoping it's a case of believing her team is dead.  Like Ackerson told her the others stayed to defend Reach or died there and she needs to be the new face to inspire the troops like Master Chief did.

• Useful 1

I really hope we, at some point, get an explanation for why Makee isn't dead, is running around with the arbiter and now hates the prophets.  For anyone who watched season 1 her story line is not making any sense at all.

I refuse to believe that Kai knew the others were going to be betrayed and abandoned on Reach. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Absurda said:

I really hope we, at some point, get an explanation for why Makee isn't dead,

The Covenant equivalent of Palpatine created a Makee Clone Army... making Makee = Jango Fett...

• LOL 3

Good job by Vannak: not starting to rot after a week of being killed and not refrigerated.  Maybe that is a Spartan quality.
Soren seemed pretty useless in the search for his son. Typical bad writing trope: someone has to be dumb and useless to make another character  (Laera) appear resourceful and strong. 
That area of the planet Aleria did not seem to have any trees - - not sure they could afford to have a bonfire funeral..
And now Riz is out.  They seem to be dropping a lot of regular characters this season.