Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: License to Thrill

• Start Topic

After a brazen daytime robbery of a Navy Federal Credit Union, the NCIS team tracks down a group of adrenaline-seeking thieves; Tennant grows suspicious of Sam Hanna's reasons for being in Hawaii.

Aired Monday February 26, 2024

I enjoyed this episode.  The stunts on the bikes were cool, the surfing was great to see, the plot had a real Hawaii feel to it.

I noticed that Yasmine Al Bustami's name was missing from the credits, and the characters didn't even mention Lucy at all.  When Lucy went on her Agent at Sea duty, the actress' name was also removed from the credits.  I don't think there was ever any explanation as to why.  Not sure if the actress had another gig, or if she was sick, or had some personal reasons like pregnancy or something that kept her from working.

With Lucy gone, it seems Kate took her place in the field.  If Kate's going to be in the field more, she really needs to lose the suits and wear things that are more inconspicuous.

This was really a showcase episode for Noah Mils and Jesse.  Good acting and a chance to show off his surfing skills.

In the context of the show, Sam is on the island for reasons that he isn't prepared to share yet.  But for show purpose, as long as LL Cool J is there, I'd like to see him join the team in the field all the time, not just for one scene.

• Like 1

I was half expecting Boone to throw his badge into the surf at the end with the Point Break vibes so obvious that I'm surprised nobody broke the wall to mention it.

I know that as a kid LL Cool J's backup plan was football. But this is the first time I've seen him tower over people. If the main story was Point Break, Federal Agent Hanna's stand surely reminded me of TV Reacher.

Whistler always being around, as Kai's buddy seems to be a repeat of Gregario in New Orleans. I wonder if the other agents will get uncommentted on leaves of absence in future episodes?

I was fine with this epi and it was good to see Jesse be the focus.  I don't mind Lucy being gone if it means we don't have to hear her acting like a petulant child.  Kate could loosen up a bit if she's going to be in the field as back-up to the rest of the NCIS team.

I'm fine with Sam's mission being a mystery...for now.  But sooner rather than later TPTB need to come out with it.

• Like 1

Some great stunts in this episode. Sam taking down the 3 perps is a bit too choreographed though.

UC Kate wearing a hoodie and a beanie. It’s so not her. 😂

I prefer this 3 musketeers (Kai/Kate/Jesse) than the one with Pike.

We are in S03 and we still haven’t met Heather Boone. A bit weird, isn’t it?

Why are we watching Sam Hanna doing admin work? The mystery surrounding Sam being in Hawaii is becoming less intriguing now. Am not sure why the writers are dragging this. Will there be any pay-off?

I do NOT miss Lucy at all. 🤣

• Like 1

I did like the last scene where Tennant told Sam that she knew he was there for other things, but also that she trusted him.  With the heavily implied "until she didn't."  That calm, measured look and the serious tone of voice while she smiled at him was well done by Ms. Lachey.

2 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

We are in S03 and we still haven’t met Heather Boone. A bit weird, isn’t it?

I could’ve sworn she was on in the episode about the kids being kidnapped or missing or something? Others will have a better memory of the episode but I’m certain she was at HQ when they were reunited. 

17 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I could’ve sworn she was on in the episode about the kids being kidnapped or missing or something? Others will have a better memory of the episode but I’m certain she was at HQ when they were reunited. 

They showed her on video conferencing, never in-person. When Jesse and Gracie went missing, she was hiking in the woods or something. We also never meet their nameless 3rd child.

On 2/27/2024 at 7:38 PM, Sake614 said:

I think Jesse or Jane or someone was Facetiming with her.  I want to say that we saw a vague image of her on a phone.  But wasn't very clear.

We've met Gracie and he's mentioned Jake but I am not even sure if the third kid is a boy or a girl.

It's odd that we have learned so much about Jane and Kai's family but Jesse's wife hasn't even been to a team dinner or gathering, and there have been several of those.

This was fine - but if you take inspiration from Point Break I really want to see a crazy chase through backyards, kitchens, and living rooms.

Whistler and Kai have good platonic chemistry. I always enjoy Whistler's moments of unexpected enthusiasm - heists are fun LOL! Tenant crashing into Sam's seminar guns blazing (figuratively) and then trying to backtrack with some dignity was also quite good.

• Like 1

I like Whistler and how she looks like a tall and beautiful put-together model but inside she's a little awkward and a geek. But what's the deal with Lucy being absent from this episode and nothing being said? Is there something going on with the actress who plays her? 

Are we going to get a Jesse midlife crisis running storyline? I really hope not. I kind of like how he's a good-looking, not too old guy, who is just a good father and husband and family man. I don't want them veering into a storyline where he questions whether he started a family too young or contemplates cheating on his unseen offscreen wife.