Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Crash and Burn

• Start Topic

Following the crash of a prisoner transport plane, the NCIS team must find the convicts that escaped onto the island. Meanwhile, Sam Hanna and Tennant are tasked with locating a high-profile Russian prisoner known as "The Chemist".

Air date:  February 19, 2024

I'm glad that LL Cool J is staying on, I guess he is going to have the "Special Guest Star" credit, much like Heather Locklear on "Melrose Place" back in the day.  

Always great to see Pike, he was hilarious when he was talking with the female cousin.

• Like 1

Sam Hanna is staying. Someone needs to get him some Hawaiian shirts.

Sam deserves better. At this point, his main role is to shadow and babysit Jane since she is sooooo important to the organization. 🙄

Jaxon Kekoa the hijacker has served 28 years of his 30-years sentence. Was he arrested at 12yo?

Yappy Lucy is such a child, complaining about having to catch a polite arsonist. She thinks it’s boring while Kate is just happy with them working together. I honestly couldn’t understand what Kate sees in Lucy.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Yappy Lucy is such a child, complaining about having to catch a polite arsonist. She thinks it’s boring while Kate is just happy with them working together. I honestly couldn’t understand what Kate sees in Lucy.

Agree with this.  Everyone else was fine and it was nice seeing the medical examiner, Boom Boom and Pike but Lucy was so whiny.  Ugh, it's usually Ernie who works my nerve but Lucy has just been a pain especially since they hooked her up with Kate.

I'm fine with Sam Hanna hanging around but if all he's doing is babysitting Jane, that's a waste of the character.

• Like 3

Decent episode, I thought this was better than last week. Nice to see all of the guest stars coming back.

I am of the opinion that if three people washed up on shore in obvious prison jumpsuits they would not make it all that far. Also, was the plane crash just over the horizon? No one on the beach saw it? Did the convicts swim around to the other side of the island?

I'm glad they show Pike as solidly competent when he's doing actual Coast Guard duties and they save his silliness for when he's on land.

Seems like we're setting up a season-long arc of Tenant pretending she's okay but actually secretly plotting revenge against her old mentor. I predict this will culminate in her having the drop on what's-her-name and various team members begging her to think of her career and her family. Don't throw it all away Jane, she's not worth it! Cue putting CIA lady back in jail so she can escape again and cause more trouble later. Or Jane will lower her weapon, CIA lady will grab someone else's gun and another member of the team will put her down.

• Like 1

If this is the best they can do for Sam, LL should run, not walk, to the nearest exit. Then again, I don’t suppose I would run from a cushy job on Oahu either lol! But seriously, I’m already bored to tears with the whole babysitter gig. Jane is a grown woman. She’s either competent to lead the team or she isn’t. If Sam wants to join the team, fine. But geez, find the man some decent shirts!

15 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Decent episode, I thought this was better than last week. Nice to see all of the guest stars coming back.

I am of the opinion that if three people washed up on shore in obvious prison jumpsuits they would not make it all that far. Also, was the plane crash just over the horizon? No one on the beach saw it? Did the convicts swim around to the other side of the island?

I'm glad they show Pike as solidly competent when he's doing actual Coast Guard duties and they save his silliness for when he's on land.

It felt like a Los Angeles episode with Vanessa and Todd on the main case instead of G and  Sam while  the other partners working a comic relief related B mission.

Don't you know if a Con Air flight goes down on the calm Pacific Ocean it will just float there just as the mercenary extraction team planned. And with an all hands on deck fugitive search for the Con Air convicts, when the previous episode said we were moving WitSec protectees, its not Tommy Lee Jones coming in to take charge but it is run out of NCIS

The thing that felt off was  Agent Pike waiting for NCIS, and does he sit on search and rescue stand by like the uniformed Guardsman. A plane goes down close enough  for a bunch of convicts to swim in when the pilot Sully's his plane and where was every Coast Guard asset on alert not to mention , Baywatch 😉Magnum and Higgins surf skiing nearby, ZNN (from the JAG days) news crews converging on the site.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The writing for Lucy has always been atrocious and I have no idea why. Jane and Kate are (mostly) written as mature and accomplished women doing their jobs. Lucy is younger - but not that much younger than Whistler I think - but there are other and better ways to make that point.

I'm just going to say it:Are they setting up Sam as a love interest? Or is one of the regulars leaving the show this season and he'll step in if there's a next season? So far I can't figure out why he's there in the first place.

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I'm just going to say it: Are they setting up Sam as a love interest? Or is one of the regulars leaving the show this season and he'll step in if there's a next season? So far I can't figure out why he's there in the first place.

Sam is there because LL Cool J has the role and wants to keep acting. It certainly looks to me like NCIS: Los Angeles story ideals will be salvaged with ex CIA Janey standing in for ex CIA G. And the time for those stories are most likely to come from the Kai family drama of the previous seasons.

As to a Sam/Jane romance, I don't think so. There is already an quasi office romance. As second in command with a Hetty stand in as a boss looking over Jane's shoulder also needing time Noah Mills' Boone might be in danger of being  Vice President.

• Like 1

LL Cool J is one of the two LA cast members that I thought least likely to run toward a new series immediately.  After all, he’s still doing his other job too. Linda Hunt retired and who can blame her?     
They could have just had Sam transfer here without the ‘babysit Jane’ storyline.