Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Episode 6

• Start Topic

(Season Finale)

Spade discovers who has been following him. Philippe sets up a deal for the boy that quickly goes sideways, leading to a dangerous confrontation on the old town bridge. A mysterious newcomer arrives, uncovering secret identities and agendas.

Premiere Date: February 18, 2024     Acorn TV/AMC+/AMC at 9pm          

Well.....that was alot of exposition crammed into 90 minutes to tie everything up.  The boy angle still makes no sense to me.  As someone pointed out on another board, Sam didn't even get to do the big reveal.  Alfrie Woodard's role made no sense either.  All that said, I did still enjoy the series for the most part.  

• Like 1

Well, that’s a chaotic and disappointing finale. 😣

Do you really need to bring back the crazy monk just to kill him? Geez. There are too many irrelevant characters and subplots, all crammed in a 60-minutes finale.

Zayd’s story ends in a deus ex machina way. An American operative masquerading as a Canadian official just whistles her way in and swoops that boy away. Everybody has no objection. Maybe Zayd should’ve stayed with Marguerite instead. She’ll be able to provide him with some TLC.

Teresa suddenly telling everybody that she’s two years older is bonkers. She doesn’t say anything about this in the previous 5 episodes. Why is she doing that now? Is she aware of Marguerite’s speculation?

• Applause 1

I tried to like this show, really I did. I enjoyed the acting and it was lovely to look at, but ultimately, It was a garbled mess, for me. 

I lost track of what all the acronyms meant, I still don't know why everybody wanted the kid, I don't know why the English spy lady ran over the guy who was supposed to be her son, I don't know why we saw all the flashbacks about Jean Pierre's past, don't get the Vatican sending a mad monk to kill the nuns, didn't think Teresa looked 14, didn't believe all these warring factions would do the old 'gather in the library while Miss Marple explains it all'. Alfre Woodard (who I love) showing up was very shark-jumpy.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 2/24/2024 at 12:42 PM, sempervivum said:

I still don't know why everybody wanted the kid,

I don't know why the English spy lady ran over the guy who was supposed to be her son,

I don't know why we saw all the flashbacks about Jean Pierre's past,

don't get the Vatican sending a mad monk to kill the nuns, 

1. The kid was a less belligerent version of Good Will Hunting who could be locked in a code breaking room
  2. He betrayed her by working with the kidnapper
  3. Make him slightly less evil than Philippe
  4. Prequel to Da Vinci Code 
Edited by paigow
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1